East Coast Hurricane

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
Dominic
Supreme-Class

East Coast Hurricane

Post by Dominic »

I am not anticipating any serious trouble. But, I am given to understand that Boston will be locked down tomorrow, and maybe Tuesday. (This is especially bothersome as I have errands to run on both days.) Either way, my on-line time is likely to be limited. If you have my cell number, feel free to contact me.

Dom
-going to be recharging phones tonight.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: East Coast Hurricane

Post by Onslaught Six »

Come at me, bro!
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Thankfully it's missed us here in SC. I've got some relatives in NY that had to evacuate though, and some friends in Virginia who are dealing with the weather.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Dom let me know to tell you guys that he's ok, his power went out for a bit then came back, but is likely to go out again., and he's going to hunker down.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I've been getting his updates too, sounds like he's going to be ok. And here's hoping everyone out there on the East side is too.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Down in PA it's been mostly just a bunch of rain and freaking out over nothing. I've walked in worse storms than this!
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Things got up and running again pretty quickly in Boston.

Work was closed in the morning, and I had already cancelled today's errands due to the chance of severe wind and rain. As it turned out, today was calm if a bit grey.

Boston was on the northern edge of the storm. We had a few intensive hours. But, for the most part, the weather was not appreciably worse than a spring storm. Southern coastal MA got hit pretty badly. And, apparently, things get worse the farther west one goes.

Dom
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I know some folk in NY who lost power for a couple days, but are otherwise good.