I may get a brief official interview with Hasbro TF

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: I may get a brief official interview with Hasbro TF

Post by JediTricks »

Interview is up, I wasn't able to ask everything but I hope we did ok by you guys:
http://www.tfviews.com/news/main/hasbro-q-and-a/1375
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I read it. It was interesting and I certainly think more productive than the standard "When are we getting character X?" Questions. Nice going, JT! Thanks!
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Shockwave wrote:I read it. It was interesting and I certainly think more productive than the standard "When are we getting character X?" Questions. Nice going, JT! Thanks!
Thank you!

You have no idea how big the pit in my stomach was when I saw the interview was with Archer as well as Jerry Jovoin just because I told you guys I didn't think it'd be with that level of marketing. But I soldiered on, and blamed you guys for everything negative. ;)
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

JediTricks wrote:
Shockwave wrote:I read it. It was interesting and I certainly think more productive than the standard "When are we getting character X?" Questions. Nice going, JT! Thanks!
Thank you!

You have no idea how big the pit in my stomach was when I saw the interview was with Archer as well as Jerry Jovoin just because I told you guys I didn't think it'd be with that level of marketing. But I soldiered on, and blamed you guys for everything negative. ;)
:lol: If nothing else, we make good scapegoats.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Shockwave wrote:
JediTricks wrote:
Thank you!

:lol: If nothing else, we make good scapegoats.
OH MY GOD YES! When you're reading a question and it says something really obnoxious and you don't realize you've just insulted someone until after the words fly out of your mouth, blaming a group of people who buy your product and aren't there to defend themselves is the best way to get out from under. :mrgreen:
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Thanks JT, seems like you had a pretty cool sit-down with those guys. I know I may not show it all that well, but I want you to know that I am glad that we have a guy like you on our side to bring our thoughts to the table with Hasbro, even when they're customarily ducking questions about selling stuff online (seriously, what is with Hasbro and that? Are they just allergic to online distribution? I genuinely want to know what the deal is!).

Dude, Archer mentioned the Pretender Monsters as a combiner team he wanted to see about revisiting! Or maybe he was talking about the Terrorcons, but dammit, I can dream!

If you ever see Archer again tell him that I will completely forgive his dissing of Sky Lynx if he gives us new Pretender Monsters!
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I'm wondering if IDW went to Archer that long ago and said, "Hey, we need a combiner for this story--got one in mind?" "Yeah, how 'bout Monstructor?"
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

BWprowl wrote:Dude, Archer mentioned the Pretender Monsters as a combiner team he wanted to see about revisiting! Or maybe he was talking about the Terrorcons, but dammit, I can dream!

If you ever see Archer again tell him that I will completely forgive his dissing of Sky Lynx if he gives us new Pretender Monsters!
I'd love to see Pretender toys that merge to form monstructor. maybe the pretender shells could be fully poseable & help form combiner pieces.

it would be extremly cool if takara took the hasbrp pretender monsters combiners,retooled them gave them newer dinosaur pretender shells & gave us a combiner called dinoking.

I suspose the inner pretenders could be basic size. while the poseable pretender shells were deluxe size.