Downtime reason not yet known, save posts to notepad

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
JediTricks
Site Admin

Downtime reason not yet known, save posts to notepad

Post by JediTricks »

Sorry for the frustrating news, but our host suffered an outage today and they don't know why, and it's still affecting the back-end stuff apparently so if it's attack it may still be ongoing. Right now our files are serving beautifully fast, but until they tell me for sure what's going on, I would suggest any significant posts you write should be saved to your computer before you attempt to post them so as not to lose them.

I will update this announcement when I learn more.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: Downtime reason not yet known, save posts to notepad

Post by JediTricks »

Looks like everything's been ok since my announcement, so I'm downgrading it to a conversation.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I actually usually type posts in Notepad!

Also, this place has been reasonably good about saving my posts in a cache if I hit Back.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Onslaught Six wrote:I actually usually type posts in Notepad!

Also, this place has been reasonably good about saving my posts in a cache if I hit Back.
Good choice.

Yeah, I decided I didn't want to use an active WYSIWYG plugin for the response boxes in part because they make it harder to salvage posts from the cache.