Fall of Cybertron: They've got my money now

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Fall of Cybertron: They've got my money now

Post by 138 Scourge »

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/ ... obots.aspx

Look at this article. Look at these videos. These dudes know what the Dinobots are about and why they're awesome. And they've gotten 'em into the game. I'm pretty sure I love these dudes now.

So yeah, I guess I gotta get a PS3 now.

EDIT: And please, for the love of everything decent, Hasbro. Please, Fall of Cybertron Grimlock toy. Oh, please.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: Fall of Cybertron: They've got my money now

Post by Sparky Prime »

138 Scourge wrote:So yeah, I guess I gotta get a PS3 now.
Yeah, I'm disappointed High Moon Studios can't develop games for the Wii... Or who ever develops the Wii version could make it more like the PS3/Xbox360 version.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Wait, are they not developing this for the 360?
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Shockwave wrote:Wait, are they not developing this for the 360?
Oh, I'm sure they are.
Sparky Prime wrote:
138 Scourge wrote:So yeah, I guess I gotta get a PS3 now.
Yeah, I'm disappointed High Moon Studios can't develop games for the Wii... Or who ever develops the Wii version could make it more like the PS3/Xbox360 version.
Not exactly what I meant. I meant more like, "I guess I gotta get one of the newer systems now". PS3's just the one I'd prefer to get.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

138 Scourge wrote:Not exactly what I meant. I meant more like, "I guess I gotta get one of the newer systems now". PS3's just the one I'd prefer to get.
Well I already have a Wii myself, which is why I said that. But the Wii version of War for Cybertron (which was renamed Cybertron Adventures) was absolutely nothing like the PS3/Xbox versions because another developer had to step in to make it. I'm sure the same will be true for Fall of Cybertron. I just wish they could have make it more like the other versions of the game so I wouldn't have to buy another system...
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

It probably has to do with the interface although, I too wondered why they couldn't make it more similar. Do you have Cybertron Adventures and if so, is it any good? I do have both a Wii and a 360. I'd love to get a PS3 if only for God of War 3 but that's going to be a loooooooong time coming, if ever.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Shockwave wrote:It probably has to do with the interface although, I too wondered why they couldn't make it more similar. Do you have Cybertron Adventures and if so, is it any good? I do have both a Wii and a 360. I'd love to get a PS3 if only for God of War 3 but that's going to be a loooooooong time coming, if ever.
As I understand it, the operating engine (Unreal Engine 3) War for Cybertron was developed on isn't compatible with the Wii, and High Moon Studio's doesn't have the in-house facilities to develop something that would run on a Wii, which is why another company had to develop the Wii version. I don't own Cybertron Adventures myself, but I know it's not that great of a game. Which is really disappointing seeing as War for Cybertron is a great game.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Shockwave wrote: I'd love to get a PS3 if only for God of War 3
Main reason I want a PS3, right there.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I've got a 360, so.

Anyway, Christmas 2012 is when the WiiU is scheduled to come out, so we *might* get a version thrown together for that. Might. It's still all up in the air. But yeah, the Wii usually gets the dicking when it comes to multiplatform games just because it's basically a glorified GameCube. (Yeah, really.)
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Onslaught Six wrote:Anyway, Christmas 2012 is when the WiiU is scheduled to come out, so we *might* get a version thrown together for that. Might. It's still all up in the air. But yeah, the Wii usually gets the dicking when it comes to multiplatform games just because it's basically a glorified GameCube. (Yeah, really.)
That's a good point... From what I understand, the Wii U will have an Unreal Engine 3, so it should be able to play games like Fall of Cybertron. Unfortunately, it wont be backwards compatible with Gamecube games like the Wii is though.