TF Prime episodes

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: TF Prime episodes

Post by Onslaught Six »

BWprowl wrote:
OnslaughtSix wrote:I dunno, I haven't been on the major sites, just here and ATT. From that, opinions range from "It's okay," to "This is awesome."
Eh, I only saw it discussed on /co/, and they *hated* it over there.
/co/ hates everything. Full stop.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

So, if Arcee calls Cliffjumper "Cliff", and Decepticons "Con", and Bumblebee "Bee", does that make her "Arse"? ;)

I haven't yet watched yesterday's episode, I started to play it on the DVR and the scenes to explain the previous episodes made me so annoyed that I turned it off. :p
BWprowl wrote:
JediTricks wrote:And these changes to why Energon is on Earth and these other planets is cheap as hell.
This is the only point I feel like debating. I don't feel it's cheap, I think it makes perfect sense that the TF war would spread to other planets and result in energon stores on them. Especially if, like they said, Cybertron is pretty much toast now. It's like Combative Colonization, or something.
It makes Transformers into gods basically though, both sides have seeded thousands of worlds in their relative infancy, that has to have affected development on those planets. Plus, it's no longer an issue of the fight for new fuel resources, it's merely a hunt for buried treasure.
Shockwave wrote:Sadly, I think the zombie thing is gonna get way worse before it gets better. And Miko needs to get stepped on in the worst way. Raf is the most kitchen sink deus ex machina character EVAR! and I think the most annoying thing about this show to me (and this is gonna sound silly) is the complete lack of theme song. I also don't like the lack of noses. Dark Energon sounded like fanfic even when it was first mentioned in WFC. The only thing I can hope at this point is the "Unicron the Destroyer" is a tiny little minicon. That like, has an instant kill touch power or something. I dunno, I'm gonna keep watching it because it's "Transformers" and for some reason I have a need to support the brand even in it's down times.
I hate to be this web-guy, but "+1!+ for that post.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

JediTricks wrote:I hate to be this web-guy, but "+1!+ for that post.
I'm not really much of a "web guy" anyway so I... um... don't get it. :oops:
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

"=1" is presumably a compliment, but I have no more understanding of its origins than you do.
I haven't yet watched yesterday's episode, I started to play it on the DVR and the scenes to explain the previous episodes made me so annoyed that I turned it off.
Really, wow?
It makes Transformers into gods basically though, both sides have seeded thousands of worlds in their relative infancy, that has to have affected development on those planets. Plus, it's no longer an issue of the fight for new fuel resources, it's merely a hunt for buried treasure.
Presentation matters. (Heheheheheheheheh..."presentation".)

The seeded worlds could also be used as a way to explain why it is worth going out and looking for a valuable resource. Once the supplies are located, they would have to be secured and/or fought over. It is not uncommon for one species to impact another, for good and ill. So, again, it is how the show handles and presents this.
I think the zombie thing is gonna get way worse before it gets better.
Zombies? Really?

Okay, I am done with TFP.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

Dominic wrote:
I think the zombie thing is gonna get way worse before it gets better.
Zombies? Really?

Okay, I am done with TFP.
C'mon, Dom! Give it three more episodes. I think you're really giving up way too early. ;)

Ahh... I love this show. Promising start to a (hopefully) long-lived series.

I wasn't too sure about Soundwave, but the verdict is in on him. He's officially scary and mysterious. The scene when he turns around and stares straight into the souls of the children. . . and then takes their picture. Ohhh, you know he's coming back for them. He's going to be waiting for them in their nightmares. I love how completely unperturbed he is by anything. Just wish he would talk in the old G1 voice.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Egh, part five rather hurt things for me. The logic jumps go from 'acceptable for a kids' cartoon' to 'buttfuck insane'. How are the kids able to correctly guess, on the first try, not only that the Decepticons are using a satellite array, but the EXACT ONE they're using? There's just no way! Raf's hacking powers hit superhuman peaks as well, and the fact that he was the Deus Ex Machina for almost every part of the plotline didn't help things either. Jack's turnabout was another sticking point. He quit hanging out with the Autobots because he was (rightly) afraid that he would get killed. So then Arcee shows up and gives him the sob story about her other friend who got killed. So this somehow convinces Jack to go running STRAIGHT BACK TO THE GUYS HE THOUGHT WERE GOING TO GET HIM KILLED! And here I was thinking he was supposed to be rational and responsible. And after all the agonizingly precise calculations it took to get the space bridge pointed at Cybertron, Megatron just chucks a block of Dark Energon through the portal, hoping that it'll land on Cybertron? And it *works*? No. I don't care what insane Transformers logic we're using here, NOTHING works that way.

More odd family-unfriendly stuff in this episode too, particularly with Miko pointing out the odd absence of guards at the array, and then we discover Soundwave is hanging out there...

Could this show just not afford to hire enough voice actors? Is that why Bumblebee and Soundwave don't talk, and there're hardly any real Decepticons?

This thing between Jack and Arcee is getting cuh-reepy.

Overall, this series kinda seems like it's trying to be a more serious, grimdark version of Armada, and it's working out about as well as that sounds like it would.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Mako, a friend of mine is recording eps, so I will probably stop in at his place over the holidays and watch them after seeing his adorable little kid.
More odd family-unfriendly stuff in this episode too, particularly with Miko pointing out the odd absence of guards at the array, and then we discover Soundwave is hanging out there...
This sort of thing would likely go over the hears of people likely to be upset and offended by it. If somebody does catch it, odds are they will not be offended.
This thing between Jack and Arcee is getting cuh-reepy.
I am ashamed of my hobby now huh? Are we talking "Kissplay" ashamed, or the mild shame from a few points in the UT? We are going to get more furries in the fandom now, huh?

Dom
-almost curious again.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Dominic wrote:I am ashamed of my hobby now huh? Are we talking "Kissplay" ashamed, or the mild shame from a few points in the UT? We are going to get more furries in the fandom now, huh?
"Really, Jack? There are other motorcycles out there, you know?"
"I know, but, you're my first."

ACTUAL DIALOGUE! Alexis and Starscream would be embarrassed by where this is going.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Yeah, I'd have to agree episode 5 took some unbelievable logical leaps. Raf must be the smartest human on the planet for guessing the exact radio telescope array and being able to out hack Soundwave on the computer (among other feats he's pulled off so far in this series). Almost seems strange that Raf couldn't hack the telescopes firewall from the Autobot's base by comparison. Arcee convincing Jack to come back to the Autobots was too easy, and creepy. I cringed when he said "you're my first". The innuendo is just a little too apparent there.

On the bright side, with Megatron throwing all of the Dark Energon to Cybertron, there shouldn't be any more Zombie plots. At least, unless they find more Dark Energon...
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

Hey all those zombie bots are still there. They're just stuck on the other side of the space bridge until someone goes to get them.