TF Prime episodes

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: TF Prime episodes

Post by Shockwave »

Could be, I just thought that they focused so much on beating us over the head with the fact that it was more math than usual and that the Decepticons were so uber focused on making sure that whatever went through the portal would get to Cybertron I got the impression that it was way more than just a simple A to B. Like it was "We better make damn sure that whatever B is B is the B that we want it to be and not anywhere else".
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

So I just have to ask- which is worse, zombie robots in TFP or zombie humans in IDW TF?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I would have to say IDW TF zombies are worse, if only for the reason that comic is being written. (Shame on IDW for trying to force sales on its in-house book like that.)
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Wait, what is this about zombies in IDW TF? I mean, it worked out great for Spotlight Kup, but they're doing it *again*?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

You didn't see the press release? I guess IDW has some shoddy original series called Robots vs. Zombies (yes, literally that) and to promote it they're having it bleed onto their licensed books.

Not just that but all the shit is in continuity. It's canon. This stuff happens. Ugh.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

And it's not just Transformers vs. human zombies. It's zombies in Star Trek, in Ghostbusters and in... uh... Dr. Who? I forgot what the last one was. But yeah, it's everywhere in the IDW books. You don't very long to wait. Supposed to happen in the next couple issues.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

"GI Joe" is the fourth property. IDW pretty much admitted that the Joe portion is going to be....rough. Their official statement explicitly allows for contradictions, saying that there are no alternate universes for the purposes of "GI Joe", except when there are.

O6 forgot to mention that the only one of the tie-ins by the regular creative team is the Tipton produced "Star Trek" tie-in. The book-ends and TF chapters are by Abnett, (who is likely costing IDW a fortune). Abnett is a damned good writer, but he is not above leaning back and collecting a pay-check, which I suspect he will do here. And, anybody who follows him into this pile of doody is going to follow him right back out. The "Joe" books are written by nobody you have ever heard of, which pretty much guarantees them to fail. And, I forget who is writing the "Ghost Busters" tie-in, which could realistically be the best of the bunch.

And Crab, for the record, if IDW gets it in their head to publish "Doctor Who" zombie book, I am blaming you. :)

Back on topic: The official word from Hasbro is that "Exodus", "War For Cybertron" and "Prime" are all in context with each other. Yeah. I know.......

Dom
-TF might be more of a mess than Hawkman at this point.
Last edited by Dominic on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Worth pointing out: The zombies in IDW's "Zombies Vs Robots" thing can somehow infect robots with their zombieness. So the Transformers'll be dealing with extradimensional zombie robots, most likely.

Could be retarded, yes, but...and this is the key point...it could be retarded fun, too.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

The preview leads me to think that IDW told Abnett to do some house cleaning, and to dispose of Furman's Eye of Terr*, erm Dead Universe, characters.

Dom
-not sure how to feel about that.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

Dominic wrote: And Crab, for the record, if IDW gets it in their head to publish "Doctor Who" zombie book, I am blaming you. :)
uh . . . I gotta go check on somethin. . . *runs over to IDW offices*