TF Prime episodes

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: TF Prime episodes

Post by Sparky Prime »

Mako Crab wrote:Hey all those zombie bots are still there. They're just stuck on the other side of the space bridge until someone goes to get them.
I'm not so sure about that. Many had already entered the portal with one of them just reaching the other side as that space bridge exploded. Maybe some were stranded on the Cybertron side of the bridge, but I think most were destroyed being already inside the portal...
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

You know what? I haven't watched more than ten or fifteen minutes of this, tops. Just from reading all of these posts?

This show is fucking dumb. I'm out.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

Sparky Prime wrote:
Mako Crab wrote:Hey all those zombie bots are still there. They're just stuck on the other side of the space bridge until someone goes to get them.
I'm not so sure about that. Many had already entered the portal with one of them just reaching the other side as that space bridge exploded. Maybe some were stranded on the Cybertron side of the bridge, but I think most were destroyed being already inside the portal...
Hm... hadn't thought of that. Could be. I kind of like your idea. It'd keep them from reusing the same plot later on. How many times can the Earth be threatened by an army of undead zombie bots before it gets stale, right?

I do have to agree about the assessment of the kids. Jack is the only tolerable one right now. Miko is cracked out on Super Frosted Sugar Bombs (points to anyone that gets the reference), and Raf is the greatest hacker in the universe, beating out Soundwave AND understands BB's binary language. I liked Prime's reasoning for keeping them around- that anyone perceived to be their allies would be in danger. Better than the standard "We're humans! We can help you blend in and teach you about Earth culture," BS. But it seems that hanging around the 'bots has actually put the kids in MORE danger. Seriously, the 'cons weren't shown ever actively searching out the kids' homes or school were they? I doubt they gave more than a milisecond of thought about the kids until they started running around their ship and screwing with things.

But now that Soundwave has their picture. . . they're so dead.

Fowler is cool. I like him. Not much more to say on him. I did think it was funny that Jack was so worried about rescuing Fowler before he squealed, only (for us) to find out that Fowler was a lot tougher than the kids gave him credit for. I don't think anyone in the show credited him for resisting such torture either. Ungrateful runts.

And on the zombie bots- I don't really get why everyone's all up in arms about them. They're machines, so it doesn't bother me that they're being "brought back to life." It's like, I can pull a rusted out car from the bottom of a lake, and with a little work, have it running again. Just a machine. Not a zombie car. :p
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

If you did that, I would totally refer to that vehicle as a zombie car, because that would be way more awesome.

The thing with the zombie bots that does seem kind of silly, though..it's not like any work is really being done to get 'em running again. Top 'em off with some magic fuel and they're good to go? Silly.

Not that I'm upset about zombie bots, though. I don't mind some silliness. It's the rest of the show that just hasn't caught my fancy.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Woops, double-posted because my phone was acting all goofy.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

138 Scourge wrote:If you did that, I would totally refer to that vehicle as a zombie car, because that would be way more awesome.
Hehe, yeah it would! :D
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

BWprowl wrote:And after all the agonizingly precise calculations it took to get the space bridge pointed at Cybertron, Megatron just chucks a block of Dark Energon through the portal, hoping that it'll land on Cybertron? And it *works*? No. I don't care what insane Transformers logic we're using here, NOTHING works that way.
How else would it have worked? The Space bridge was mathematically pointed at Cybertron ergo anything that went through the portal was going to Cybertron. I mean, where did you think the chunk of dark energon should have ended up? Quintessa? Unicron? Ceti Alpha 5?

I'm pretty well with you on everything else though.

And to add to it, I was totally right, the zombie thing got worse. We now have Cybertron full of zombies. Great. It's officially Transformers: 28 Cycles Later.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Shockwave wrote:How else would it have worked? The Space bridge was mathematically pointed at Cybertron ergo anything that went through the portal was going to Cybertron. I mean, where did you think the chunk of dark energon should have ended up? Quintessa? Unicron? Ceti Alpha 5?
I believe what BWprowl was talking about is that with the distance between the space bridge portal and Cybertron, there was a greater chance Megatron would miss the planet by just throwing the dark energon through, that it would float by the planet rather than landing on it.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

That still wouldn't make sense as I get the impression from the show that all the math that went into programming the Space Bridge means that objects that go into are direct toward their destination, not just left floating aimlessly on the other side. So anything thrown through it would be directed towards the planet.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

The space bridge portal might be directed towards the planet, but that doesn't mean an object that was just thrown through would be on the correct trajectory to arrive on the planet. Most of the math they talked about I think was just how to connect point A to point B sort of a thing. The Space Bridge portal generator itself was shown to be quite some distance from the planet. That means there is a wide margin of error in which the Dark Energon would just be floating freely on its way to the planet.