Hub no more, RID moves to Cartoon Network

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: Hub no more, RID moves to Cartoon Network

Post by Tigermegatron »

I like the news of the 2015 RID cartoon appearing on the Cartoon Network Channel.

Even in Cartoon Network's worst time slots, it will get more viewers than the newer TF cartoons that aired on the Hub.

BTW, It's already been established that the 6am and 6:30 weeky time slots are not terrible time slots to air a n ewer TF cartoon series on the Cartoon Network. 6am and 6:30 am is when most kids wake up for school and watch some TV while getting ready for school.

Currently CN puts it's most popular & highest rated cartoons in this 6am and 6:30 am time slots.

I suspect having the 2015 Rid Series on the Cartoon Network will be great news for the 2015 Rid toy line. As most USA retailers will order more toys in higher volume. Due to it being on such a popular CN Network. AEC and TFA all that aired on CN, Had higher USA retail stores toy ordering volume than the Hub network TFP-BH toy lines had.
Last edited by Tigermegatron on Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: Hub no more

Post by Tigermegatron »

Sparky Prime wrote:
BWprowl wrote:I dunno, I'd think it's still gotta be better than running on a premium cable channel that nobody had.
At least the Hub was consistent and promoted its shows. Erratic scheduling making it hard to watch and then being left at the 6am slot with little or no promotion to be forgotten and die isn't my idea of better.
This is great news, You are the only one here that thinks it's a bad thing.

Your being selfish, This is not about you or older TF fans. Hasbro's targeted TF toys buyers which are kids need to see the newer TF cartoon series in decent numbers and they were not doing this on the Hub Network.

If your worried about erratic time slots then just wait a bit and buy the DVD's by the season or complete series. Most TF fans buy the newer TF cartoons on DVDs anyways.

Hasbro is in it to sell the toys,thats why they create newer media like cartoons,movies,comics,video games,etc... The more targeted viewers that see the media, the more buyers buy the toys and the higher volume stores order the toys. Cartoon network has leaps & bounds more viewers than the Hub does.

I suspect when USA retailers find out that the newer RID TF cartoon series is appearing on the CN network in 2015. This will cause most USA Retailers to order the 2015 Rid toys in much higher volume, As the toy line is now on a higher volume,more watched,more popular network than the Hub was.

AEC and TFA all had higher volume toys USA retail stores ordering than TFP-BH did. Due to AEC and TFA appearing on the Cartoon Network. USA retail stores ordered much lower volume of the TFP-BH toy lines due to it appearing on the HUB Network. Most of Hasbro's targeted buyers, Boys ages 5 to 9 years old, did not even know the Hub network existed thus didn't watch the newer TF cartoons on the Hub and bought less or none TFP-BH toys.
Last edited by Tigermegatron on Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

andersonh1 wrote:I still think the idea of Hasbro trying to promote their brand by putting a show on a niche cable channel doesn't seem very effective to me. I'm not sure why they bother. It does appear to have been a failure.
I agree with this 100%.

It was just a bad idea to partner up with the Discovery network. As Discovery had lower rattings, poor viewership,not popular and was on a more exspensive cable tier package way before Hasbro put their shows on the network.

Discovery-Hub was always going to be a failure network to promote and try to sell newer TF toys. As it was a network most kids did not even know existed.

If Hasbro would have partnered up with another cable network like CN, Disney or Nick and overly dominate the network with TF, MLP, Strawberry shortcake, care bears,little pet shop,pound puppies, then more viewers would have watched and more kids would have bought the newer Hasbro toys.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:This is great news, You are the only one here that thinks it's a bad thing.

Your being selfish, This is not about you or older TF fans. Hasbro's targeted TF toys buyers which are kids need to see the newer TF cartoon series in decent numbers and they were not doing this on the Hub Network.
How am I being selfish? I didn't say anything based on my own personal preferences, I only commented on Cartoon Network's dodgy history of their handling the previous Transformers series they've had. That's one of the reasons Hasbro wanted to make their own channel in the first place, they weren't happy with Cartoon Network. And I didn't say I thought it was a bad thing, just that I'm not optimistic about it. I think the move to Cartoon Network could potentially do wonders for RID, but that all depends on how Cartoon Network handles the series, and their track record in that regard isn't so great, so I'm understandably concerned about how CN will treat the show for the good of the franchise.
If your worried about erratic time slots then just wait a bit and buy the DVD's by the season or complete series. Most TF fans buy the newer TF cartoons on DVDs anyways.

Hasbro is in it to sell the toys,thats why they create newer media like cartoons,movies,comics,video games,etc... The more targeted viewers that see the media, the more buyers buy the toys and the higher volume stores order the toys. Cartoon network has leaps & bounds more viewers than the Hub does.
Again, I'm not concerned about erratic scheduling for myself but rather for the larger audiences. If the series suffers from an inconsistent schedule, then how much of the audience will actually keep up with it to stick to the series? If people have a hard time finding the show, or it isn't in a good time slot, then is the show going to do as well as it could? It wont matter if the channel itself has more viewers if the scheduling and promotion for the show isn't handled well. And that's something Cartoon Network is notoriously bad at. Heck, they've even cancelled shows that were at the top of their ratings before.
BTW, It's already been established that the 6am and 6:30 weeky time slots are not terrible time slots to air a n ewer TF cartoon series on the Cartoon Network. 6am and 6:30 am is when most kids wake up for school and watch some TV while getting ready for school.

Currently CN puts it's most popular & highest rated cartoons in this 6am and 6:30 am time slots
Ben 10 Omniverse and Tenkia Knights? Hate to break it to you, but those are not the most popular or highest rated series on Cartoon Network. Ben 10 maybe a few years ago at the height of it's popularity, but it's not anymore. And I dunno about schools in your area but elementary schools around here start at 8am, so most kids are getting up around 7 not 6. 6am is a terrible time-slot. Cartoon Network generally has their best rated shows on Saturday mornings from 8am-noon.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: Hub no more, RID moves to Cartoon Network

Post by Tigermegatron »

It's worth a serious mention that the Hub Network only existed in America and barely some other countries.

The discovery channel still existed in other countries.

In most european countries the newer Transformers cartoons like TFP-BH still aired on the Cartoon network.

While Canada never aired Newer TF cartoon on the Hub nor CN networks.