New cartoon: Robots In Disguise

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: New cartoon

Post by Sparky Prime »

Like anyone ever stays dead in comics.

Speaking of which...
Spoiler
Optimus Prime
appears to be in the new cartoon.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Sparky Prime wrote:Like anyone ever stays dead in comics.

Speaking of which...
Spoiler
Optimus Prime
That is a ghost. Oh man.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

JediTricks wrote:

Speaking of which...
Spoiler
Optimus Prime
That is a ghost. Oh man.
Spoiler
I'm hoping Megatron is in this newer 2015 TF cartoon & toy line like Optimus appears to be. Because I love buying newer Megatron toys. I'm also a huge fan of the Megatron persona media character.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

JediTricks wrote:

Speaking of which...
Spoiler
Optimus Prime
That is a ghost. Oh man.
You say ghost, I say Japanese exclusive translucent plastic repaint.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: New cartoon: Robots In Disguise

Post by Sparky Prime »

Variety.com has an article about the upcoming cartoon series giving us plenty of new details as well as the title of the new series. The series will be titled Transformers: Robots in Disguise... Even though they've had a show with that title before...
“Transformers: Robots in Disguise” will be the name of Hasbro’s new animated series starring its shape-shifting characters.

The Hasbro Studios-produced series, which will bow on The Hub kids channel in spring 2015, will feature the voices of Darren Criss (“Glee”), Constance Zimmer (“House of Cards”), Mitchell Whitfield (“TMNT”) and Ted McGinley (“Married with Children”).

Hasbro is revealing new details of the project, first announced in March, as the company is about to head to the Licensing Expo in Las Vegas. Event takes place June 17-19 from the Mandalay Bay Convention Center. Hasbro has long seen animated series as a way to keep and grow a young fanbase around its Transformers outside of the megaplex and fuel interest in a merchandise program beyond just action figures.

Series will introduce a redesign of Bumblebee and introduce new Autobot characters Sideswipe and Fixit (see above).

Criss will voice Sideswipe, while Whitfield will bring Fixit to life.

Show takes place years after “Transformers Prime,” when Bumblebee is summoned to save Earth from a new faction of Decepticons and assembles a rogue team of young Autobots that includes a rebel bad boy bot, an elite guard cadet, a bombastic Dinobot and hyperactive Mini-Con to capture their new enemies.

Each new bot is a fully capable action hero but inexperienced in working together in a team, forcing Bumblebee to become both squad leader and coach, Hasbro said.

“Robots in Disguise’s” creative team includes kids programming vets Jeff Kline (“Transformers Prime”) as executive producer; producer Adam Beechen (“The Adventures of Chuck and Friends”); and Steven Melching, a writer on “Star Wars: The Clone Wars,” who will serve as the show’s story editor.

“Transformers” is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year. Paramount releases “Transformers: Age of Extinction” on June 27.

The Hub is a joint venture between Discovery Communications and Hasbro
The link also shows images of Bumblebee, Sideswipe and Fixit.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I'm not liking it.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Looks okay, maybe? I like the look of Fixit ( I guess? The wheeled robot) okay. And I like that it looks like more cel animation and not bad CGI. But if it's a sequel to Prime, I'm kind of biased against it.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Sparky Prime wrote:Show takes place years after “Transformers Prime,” when Bumblebee is summoned to save Earth from a new faction of Decepticons
*sigh*... The early pics made it look like it might take place on Cybertron too, which would have been *something*.

I can't believe TFPrime was apparently successful enough to get this bland-looking shitpile greenlit. They couldn't even come up with a halfway original title this time! Hopefully it G2's itself and TF dies for a few years, then gets reborn as something cool.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

I actually like 99% of the aesthetic- they've all got a kind of Tron-Y, cyberpunk-y thing going on. I just don't like Sideswipe's "hair". What's he going to do, headbutt people?

Actually, okay, if they make Sideswipe into Cybertron's Zizou Zidane I would totally get behind this show.

Also Fixit is basically Gobots' Scooter only orange.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Y'know what? I'm in. No Optimus or Megatron? Good. New characters? Good. Ok, the title could be more original and the designs look like a merging of Animated and Prime, but I recall vehemently saying "FUCK ANIMATED" before it came out and it turned out to be one of my favorite series. So you know what? I'm gonna be optimistic and if I wind up hating it at least I'll have given it a fair chance.