Tons of canceled TF test shots making rounds on-line

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Tons of canceled TF test shots making rounds on-line

Post by Tigermegatron »

Tons of canceled TF test shots making rounds on-line via either ebay or facebook or overseas sites,etc..

ROTF Voyager Megatron gift set toy that got canceled. http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... set/27598/

Hasbro had series plans to release re-issue gun-megatron in the states,even to the effect of giving the toy this radical color scheme. http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... es-177762/

G-2 Protectobots. http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... es-177760/

Personally,It would have been awesome to have the option to buy all/some of this. G-2 Gun-megatron looks so badly colored that it would have been a must buy to get as often times bad is good. It would have been cool to have the option of getting a ROTF Voyager megatron in CGI Movie colors. I probably would have bought the G-2 Protectobots in 1994 as I was a G-2 toy line completist at the time. Sadly money issues & the Reissues forced me to sell all my G-2 toys,so now I have nothing from the G-2 toy line.
andersonh1

Re: Tons of canceled TF test shots making rounds on-line

Post by andersonh1 »

These have all been interesting to see, particularly G1 Megatron. I seem to remember one of the Hasbro questions calling it a "lava" color scheme or something like that. It's actually pretty tasteful for what it is, even though it's not G1 Megatron at all.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

andersonh1 wrote:These have all been interesting to see, particularly G1 Megatron. I seem to remember one of the Hasbro questions calling it a "lava" color scheme or something like that. It's actually pretty tasteful for what it is, even though it's not G1 Megatron at all.
I vaguely recall mentions of a "lava bath megatron" toy... did Megatron ever take a bath in lava in G1 and end up glowing neon?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Almighty Unicron wrote:
andersonh1 wrote:These have all been interesting to see, particularly G1 Megatron. I seem to remember one of the Hasbro questions calling it a "lava" color scheme or something like that. It's actually pretty tasteful for what it is, even though it's not G1 Megatron at all.
I vaguely recall mentions of a "lava bath megatron" toy... did Megatron ever take a bath in lava in G1 and end up glowing neon?
I think the closest was either the electrum bath in "the Golden Lagoon" or the time all the Decepticons fell into lava at the end of "Heavy Metal War".
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Many on-line TF fans are calling this color scheme the Generation 2 Hero megatron toy colors scheme.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Wow, those are all really... zzzzzz zzzzz zzzzz zzzzzz

eh, wha? I nodded off? Right.

Why even bother painting the upper part of Megs vac-metalized blue when silver/gray with all that orange would have looked fine?
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Why even bother painting the upper part of Megs vac-metalized blue when silver/gray with all that orange would have looked fine?
Blue is another colour that isn't typically used in real guns. I assume it was an attempt to make it further obvious that it's a toy.

In any case, even the blue wasn't enough to stop it, so the grey wouldn't have helped.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

JediTricks wrote:Wow, those are all really... zzzzzz zzzzz zzzzz zzzzzz

I totally read that in Farnsworth voice.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Onslaught Six wrote:
Blue is another colour that isn't typically used in real guns. I assume it was an attempt to make it further obvious that it's a toy.

In any case, even the blue wasn't enough to stop it, so the grey wouldn't have helped.
Darker blue isn't uncommon on guns, older guns have the steel "blue" when it ages. They should have gone with red or yellow for the other part, just go whole hog away from "this is a gun". Still, gray would have been no different legally, so it's all about Hasbro lawyers fearing personal injury lawsuits, not government trouble. Also, the majority of the orange wouldn't be showing in the hand, only the barrel which needs a plug to be legal anyway.

Shockwave wrote:
JediTricks wrote:Wow, those are all really... zzzzzz zzzzz zzzzz zzzzzz

I totally read that in Farnsworth voice.
You're welcome. :mrgreen: ;)
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I think retailers might have different rules in different states, and Hasbro has to appeal to all of them, or something.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.