Tons of canceled TF test shots making rounds on-line

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: Tons of canceled TF test shots making rounds on-line

Post by JediTricks »

Onslaught Six wrote:I think retailers might have different rules in different states, and Hasbro has to appeal to all of them, or something.
It's usually by city, not state or retailer. Most cities and states abide by the federal rules on the matter, but a few select cities have enacted tougher laws - they aren't big enough to change how the entire country does things though.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Tons of canceled TF test shots making rounds on-line

Post by Onslaught Six »

No, of course they aren't--but Hasbro is a national chain, and I seem to remember somebody from the design team saying they had to appeal to "every" region's various laws if they were going to sell it. Sounds like the whole thing is weirdly tied up. I think Hasbro was just more worried about their image than legalities.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.