Takara Ultimate Predaking is getting a red TM2 Megatron deco

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Takara Ultimate Predaking is getting a red TM2 Megatron deco

Post by Tigermegatron »

Takara Ultimate Predaking is getting a red TM2 Megatron deco. https://twitter.com/gadepon/statuses/345068942420742145
Dragotron Final Form - Japanese release of Beast Hunters Ultimate Predaking. Will feature a red deco resembling Beast Wars Transmetal II Dragon Megatron. See picture at left, taken from @gadepon's Twitter feed.

My 2 cents: Personally,I think this is great news & perhaps the best repaint we've seen in years. I think what makes this recolor so "MUST HAVE",Is the fact the original 1999 TM2 Megatron toy was complete garbage in every way possible----> What made the toy so epic awful was as follows: 1- All the over excess kibble in both modes. 2- Excess kibble that wasn't even needed in both modes like the baseball cap,horns on cap,beasty wheels. 3- The toy had extreme mis-proprtioned body parts. 4- Over sized round spark bubbles all over the toy. 5- Toy needed more colors other than 90% red. 6- The wings while they looked cool were way too fraigle & looked too kiddie. 7- Far too many rubber parts on the toy. 8- gimmicks ruined this toy in a huge way. 9- The over-all sculpt was 50% aimed at older teens/adults & the other 50% aimed at toddlers.

I think this BH Ultimate Predaking mold is a excellent choice to do a TM2 Megatron repaint. As the sculpt in both modes is extremely aimed at older teens/adults. Mold is almost kibble free in both modes. no annoying over the top gimmicks. toy is decently proportioned in both modes. If Hasbro doesn't sell this toy in America,I may be tempted to pay those on-line import prices to get this toy.