BH Shockwave VS TFA Shockwave VS DOTM Shockwave VS Energon

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Re: BH Shockwave VS TFA Shockwave VS DOTM Shockwave VS Energ

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Onslaught Six wrote:
Looks a bit like a lawn mower alt mode. It does resemble a cybertronian styled race car,but why the need for the lawn mower type handle attached to end of the car mode?
Look at it upside down, and you'll realize the genius.
It's a... duck? No, wait, it's a rabbit!
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Hey, even Cybertronians need their lawn mowed once in awhile. Especial post-Beast Machines. All that darn technorganic grass everywhere!!
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

andersonh1 wrote:Hey, even Cybertronians need their lawn mowed once in awhile. Especial post-Beast Machines. All that darn technorganic grass everywhere!!
I'd imagine cybertronian grass just transforms into tarmac.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Almighty Unicron wrote:
andersonh1 wrote:Hey, even Cybertronians need their lawn mowed once in awhile. Especial post-Beast Machines. All that darn technorganic grass everywhere!!
I'd imagine cybertronian grass just transforms into tarmac.
Or astroturf.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Tigermegatron wrote:Looks a bit like a lawn mower alt mode. It does resemble a cybertronian styled race car,but why the need for the lawn mower type handle attached to end of the car mode?
Am I the only one in this thread that knows what a spoiler is?

Anyway, I realized recently that I have a fair quantity of Shockwaves, including the Movie and Prime versions in Voyager and Commander-class sizes, and both flavors of the Animated version. I think G1, Action Master, and Alternators are the only ones I don't have. It's weird, since I don't consider myself a particular fan of the big, purple, sociopath (though I enjoyed his Marvel G1 characterization quite a bit), it just seems he tends to get cool toys that I want .

I'm pretty happy with the Voyager BH Shockwave I got recently, just as a general Shockwave (the Energon version always had too much green on him to serve that role for me, personally). I like his bulked-out take on the design, the tread emulating the hose is really clever, and his gimmick is fun as balls. The Commander version is pretty nice too, maybe I'm just a big fan of this design.

Give the Movie version credit for one thing: It's one of the only Movie designs to directly interpret the look of its G1 namesake in a meaningful fashion. Purple color, gun-hand, hose from the back, mono-eye, it legitimately looks like it's *supposed* to be Shockwave, just greebled up into the Bayformer aesthetic. You look at it and go "Oh, Shockwave", which isn't something you do with ANY of the other Movie characters, bar maybe Optimus Prime.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

No, I know what it is too.

And that is a good point about moviewave.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote:
Looks a bit like a lawn mower alt mode. It does resemble a cybertronian styled race car,but why the need for the lawn mower type handle attached to end of the car mode?
I've looked at the race car mode upside down,it does resemble a possible gun mode.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Tigermegatron wrote:
Onslaught Six wrote:
I've looked at the race car mode upside down,it does resemble a possible gun mode.
I have to admit, I'd never noticed that before. Not that I've seen that drawing more than a handful of times. but still...