"GO" is a direct to video release cartoon series overseas.

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

"GO" is a direct to video release cartoon series overseas.

Post by Tigermegatron »

"GO" is a direct to video release cartoon series overseas. It's being sponsored by a magazine. http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ate/27150/

I'm wondering how many "GO" Cartoon episodes will get released. Will this be a mere handful of under 4 episodes labeled a movie. or will this at the very least get 13 episodes or dare I dream over 26 episodes.

Looking at the brief animation pics we've been seeing recently. The animation & story looks to be in the league of those YUGIO card games cartoon series & all the copy cats card games cartoon series.

Hopefully the animation won't be as bad as the TFP 2012 Takara micron shorts/mini episodes things.

I'm hoping at the very least if the Takara "GO" direct to DVD episodes are more than 13 & over 26. That Hasbro in the USA translates the stuff into english then airs it on the Hub network. as a filler series until the TF4 & next newer TF cartoon series airs on the Hub in the Fall of 2014. Similar to how 2001 RID was a filler series until armada aired onn TV.

Yeah it'll be cool if Hasbro releases all the new mold TF "GO" toys in america for about 75% less than those super exspensive Takara Japanese "GO" Prices.

From the little I can see in ther brief/blurry pics,These Takara "GO" combiners in all modes look like slight homages to the 1990's Takara Brave toy line. Even the "GO" cartoon series animation pics we've seen looks like a slight homage to the 1990's Takara Brave Cartoons series animations styles.

I love any TF combiners toys & I'm interested in all these new molds Takara "GO" combiners toys. I just don't think their worth paying Takara insane tripple prices. I'm going to have some patience & wait to see if Hasbro releases these "GO" new molds combiners toys in America stores or USA Sites for 75% less than Takara's prices.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Re: "GO" is a direct to video release cartoon series oversea

Post by Gomess »

I hope no one makes the mistake of assuming this revelation is a bad thing, since direct to DVD releases are actually a prestigious thing in Japan. Seems like an alien concept to us westerners, with our Aladdin 2: Return of Jafars and whathaveyou, but "V-Cinema" was a big (and respectable) deal in the early 90s, and any OVA with worse animation than a TV series is a bad OVA. Or Saint Seiya.
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Gomess wrote:but "V-Cinema" was a big (and respectable) deal in the early 90s, and any OVA with worse animation than a TV series is a bad OVA. Or Saint Seiya.
Still is. The DTV Kamen Rider W movies (especially the Accel one) were fantastic, and actually swung a bit older-targeted. Gotta love that based Sakamoto.

I'm actually kind of excited for this, since it'll be a branch of Transformers cartoon that isn't TFPrime, and its truncated nature means I'll be able to digest it quickly (hopefully someone who isn't TV-Nihon-tachi subs it, though I can deal even if it is just them). Plus the little we've seen so far makes it look pretty shounen-adventure-y, which I'm in favor of. I almost get a distinct Machine Robo vibe, along with the aforementioned Brave influences. MiteBcool.

Wait a minute...Japanese-exclusive TF cartoon, short video-exclusive run, big Brave-esque robots combining with each other, couple of cute shota boys as the human co-stars...my god, it's the second coming of Zone!
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

I'm conflicted. On one hand, the exclusive toys for "Go!" look kinda shitty at first glance, or at least not fitting with the Prime aesthetic... but then I also realize that they're basically Brave toys and I've always had a soft spot for that series. The character designs for Go look pretty crappy though with those generic "You gotta have blue hair!" anime kids... I may pirate it though just to check it out. I'm guessing that besides the new japan-exclusive combiner figures and maybe some predacons it won't be related to the Prime continuity at all.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Gomess wrote:I hope no one makes the mistake of assuming this revelation is a bad thing, since direct to DVD releases are actually a prestigious thing in Japan. Seems like an alien concept to us westerners, with our Aladdin 2: Return of Jafars and whathaveyou, but "V-Cinema" was a big (and respectable) deal in the early 90s, and any OVA with worse animation than a TV series is a bad OVA. Or Saint Seiya.
In the past,I wanted Hasbro to do the Direct to video thing more for TF,but with them owning the hub now,it's kinda pointless.

I don't think it would be wise for Hasbro to do various animated Min series for various Different TF toy lines/media/comics on the Direct to video route. Because regardless of what animation style they use,what animation company they hire,if they do cel,CGI or whatever. It will still cost more to do a TF thing due to it being so overly complicated by having the robots change form & so on. Most of the time the initial start up cost is so high,that the only way to break even & make it cost effective is by pumping out over 26 cartoon episodes. the less episodes get pumped out the more money they loose due to the start up cost being so high.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

BWprowl wrote:
Gomess wrote:but "V-Cinema" was a big (and respectable) deal in the early 90s, and any OVA with worse animation than a TV series is a bad OVA. Or Saint Seiya.
Still is. The DTV Kamen Rider W movies (especially the Accel one) were fantastic, and actually swung a bit older-targeted. Gotta love that based Sakamoto.

I'm actually kind of excited for this, since it'll be a branch of Transformers cartoon that isn't TFPrime, and its truncated nature means I'll be able to digest it quickly (hopefully someone who isn't TV-Nihon-tachi subs it, though I can deal even if it is just them). Plus the little we've seen so far makes it look pretty shounen-adventure-y, which I'm in favor of. I almost get a distinct Machine Robo vibe, along with the aforementioned Brave influences. MiteBcool.

Wait a minute...Japanese-exclusive TF cartoon, short video-exclusive run, big Brave-esque robots combining with each other, couple of cute shota boys as the human co-stars...my god, it's the second coming of Zone!
FIRST OFF: It was revealed a few days ago,that "GO" will be set in the TFP/BH cartoon universe as a sequel. http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... led/27168/

I think this "GO" cartoon & toy line has a high succcess rate of being awesome & me liking it.

I think it's in Hasbro's best interest to import this GO dvd cartoon series & toy line for the USA market. As it will serve as decent filler after BH ends & Until TF4 arrives in theathre,until the fall 2014 TF cartoon with toy line arrives. Since Hasbro has the Hub they can easily translate the GO episodes & air them on the hub network after BH ends.

I really want the GO toys & episodes but I am not going to get impatient & pay takara's tripple prices. I'm willing to show some patience wait it out until two years,to see what hasbro does. worse case scenario I get everything afterwards.

I love TF combiners,so owning these GO toys & episodes at some point is a priority
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I wish Takara would release some comparisions pics of the Ninja Go team next to other transformers in individual modes & gestalt modes. Because I'm still wondering what size scale each individual animal-bot ninja GO figure is----> are they each commander size,deluxe size or almost voyager size.

BBTS.com has released individual prices for each ninja Go team member they appear to MAYBE be the same almost voyager size scale each like the Smurai Go team are. because each ninja go team member is a few bucks less than each samurai go team member.

Personally I think the Ninja Go team are far better beautifully sculpted & more creative molds compared to the Samurai Go team.

I'm also wondering if the ninja & samuria teams can be mixed & matched in gestalt forms.

I imagine if Hasbro sold these toys in USA stores/sites,The names of each indivual toy & gestalts names would be as follows:
1- Ninja team lion-bot,Victoryleo/Leobreaker or catilla or Razorclaw or Lioprime,recolored to homage the characters name used.
2- Ninja team bird-bot name,Airazzor,silverbolt,recolored to homage the character name used.
3-Ninja team shark-bot name,Cybershark or Skybyte,recolored to homage the character name used.
4- Samurai team police car bot,Prowl or Streetwise,recolored to homage the characters color scheme.
5-Samurai team fire truck-bot,Inferno or hosehead,recolored to match the homage characters colors.
6- Samurai team jet-bot,Starsabre or Jetfire or any aerialbot,recolored to match the homage characters color scheme.

USA Hasbro Gestalt names for the Takara go Combiners:
1- Magnaboss or predaking for the ninja Go team.
2- Defensor for the samurai Go team.
3- If it's possible to mix & match the two teams to create unique getalt combinations,then mixing the lion with the jet & another member should be called Victorysabre.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I suspose this question begs to get asked. Who's interested in buying the Takara GO combiners? & who isn't interested in buying them?

I'm really interested in buying all the Takara Go combiners. However I just can't justify paying Takara's/imports sites tripple prices.
I will play the Hasbro game wait a few months until september 2013 to see if Hasbro announces their going to be releasing these GO combiners at USA retail stores/sites for USA 75% less than takara's prices.

Worse case scenario around December 2013,I cave in & buy the Takara GO combiners at those insane tripple prices. I really love these but I'm not gonna rush,I'll show some patience & wait for Hasbro.

Rumor has it their a a 3rd/maybe more GO combiners/gestalts getting released,I can't wait to see what they look like.

Personally,I think Hasbro is off their mark but not wanting to release these in USA retail stores/sites. the individual team members are voyager/deluxe size,the gestalt has got to be bigger than a leader sized toy. I think Hasbro is under-estimating the demand for TF combiners in America & around the world.

It's a shame that these days Hasbro cancels/refuses to sell so many bigger sized TF toys but welcomes selling the super tiny TF toys. These days we hardly see any internet news that Hasbro canceled/refused to sell these legions or those commanders sized TF toys. lately the TF toys on the chopping block have been deluxes & voyagers.