On-line TF fans HATING on the BH Predacons makes no sense.

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

On-line TF fans HATING on the BH Predacons makes no sense.

Post by Tigermegatron »

Most on-line Fans are acting like the BH Predacons are the most ugly abominations ever created in TF toy form.

Personally,I don't share this hate NOR DO I UNDERSTAND IT.

Since from 1984 thru 2013,Their are so many dragon-bots TF character toys,I see tons of repaint potential. A few examples: 1986 G-1 Skylynx using the 2013 BH Ultimate sized Predacon toy. BW OR BM Megatron repaint using the BH Voyager sized Predaking toy. Cryotek repaint using the BH Predaking toy in either size class. 1987 Snapdragon using a BH Predacon toy mold. BW 1996 Polarclaw becoming a fuzor & using the BH Grimwing toy mold. CR Gigatron using a BH Predacon toy mold. And the list goes on.

From my point of view,Hasbro is releasing almost a dozen different dragon-bots toys all at once in one huge bulk in a singular TF toy line IS A GOOD THING NOT BAD. Hasbro should get praise for this as their is hopes Hasbro does a similar thing by releasing combiners all at once in one singular toy line.

From a designs point of view,I don't get all the on-line fans rage/hate. Other than Laserback,I think all the other BH Dragon-bots predacons/terrorcons looks like awesome beautifully sculpted TF toys.

Lets no forget Kids & parents according to Hasbro make up 95% of TF toy sales world wide. Currently the in thing that kids love is Dragons,thanks to all the various cards games cartoons & movies,Also thanks to all the CGI Dragons Animated movies----SO GOING BY THIS ONE CAN'T BLAME HASBRO FOR TRYING TO CASH IN ON THE KIDDIES CURRENT FAD FOR DRAGONS TOYS VIA BH PREDACONS/TERRORCONS DARGONS-BOTS TF TOYS.

IMHO,Clearly on-line TF fans are over-Exaggerating,the BH Predacons are not the worst abominations TF toys ever created in toy form. :lol: those honors go to the Beast Machines,Fuzors & Animorphs toy lines, :lol:
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Re: On-line TF fans HATING on the BH Predacons makes no sens

Post by Gomess »

It's just that classic "scared of the unusual" thing, isn't it?

Personally I'm all for toys which shake up the status quo.
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

I want to like the Predacons more. I really do. I came into the fandom through Beast Wars and have fond memories of dragon TFs (mostly Megatron). The problem I have with the Predacons is twofold: one, they have exceedingly uninspired transformations. Literally the ONLY guy who doesn't have "front legs become arms, rear legs become legs, head is hidden in the neck, tail becomes weapon" is Voyager Predaking, and they are all dragons. When I think "predacon", be it in the context of G1 or BW, I think of a mish mash of fierce animals: maybe you have one dragon, but you've also got some bugs and some dinosaurs and some carnivorous mammals. I wonder whose idea it was to make all the predacons dragons- for a second I was going to say maybe they were easier to animate in CGI, but then I remember that BW as all CGI and had a swath of various animal altmodes.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

And the other good thing too is that we didn't wind up with a hundred more different Optimus and Bumblebees. Of which I think we only got maybe 2 each and the rest are new characters.