New CGI Rendering of BH Optimus Prime newer form for season3

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

http://tformers.com/transformers-offici ... /news.html

I suspose this further confirms the BH Optimus newer toy designs will be in season 3.

my 2 cents:
It's a interesting CGI design,that barely looks like the 2013 BH Optimus toy. It seems like for the CGI Version,they made the designs look more grown up/adult themed. So I suspose this CGI design is a fusion of 50% toy designs & 50 Something else adult themed design.
Personally I think the CGI guys did a great job with the newer optimus S3 design. Had they been more faithful to the 2013 BH toy designs,it would have looked to kiddie & not matched the higher age/adult CGI robots designs in the cartoon series.

Also of note is that this newer CGI design for BH S3 Optimus is NOT HASBRO TOY COLOR ACCURATE,IT'S TAKARA TF GO TOY LINE ACCURATE. It's possible all the newer designs or add-on pieces for the S3 CGI characters won't be in hasbro toy colors,they might all be in Takara TF GO toy line colors.

I suspose Hasbro felt they needed to change the 2012 TFP toy colors for the returning characters newer toys designs in the BH toy line. Because even though their all newer toy designs,parents/kids would have thought they were older 2012 TFP toys with added different weapons & minor re-sculpted parts. Hasbro faults similar colors on reimagined movie verse toys for being the failure in toy sales for DOTM. So hasbro changed the colors on the TFP reimagined/evoulved toy designs for the 2013 BH toys,in hopes parents/kids buy the toys in decent amounts---->THIS IDEA WORKED FOR LAST YEARS TFP DELUXE HOTSHOT TOY,which was a remold & recolor of TFP deluxe bumblebee.
andersonh1

Re: New CGI Rendering of BH Optimus Prime newer form for sea

Post by andersonh1 »

Either the Star Sabre shrank in the wash, or else Optimus has been working out. That's a far bulkier design than he's had up to this point. Reminds me a bit of Cybertron Prime. Those huge shoulders make me wonder about his peripheral vision.

I think it's fine.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Damnit, Optimus has gotten into the steroids again. Asterisk next to his name in the records of Vector Sigma.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

"Hulk Prime smash puny Decepticons!" Not a bad look for Optimus, but it is certainly a lot more bulky than we normally see for him.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Hey guys

It's Optimus Prime

with a sword

:o

In all seriousness, am I the only one who looks at that and thinks "fanart"? Maybe it's the proportions, the pose, the copious meaningless pointy bits, I dunno.
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Clearly the CGI design is being based more off the Ultimate optimus toy & not the voyager. Similar to BH Predaking being more based off his bigger ultimate sized toy.

i'm surprised that Hardly any TF fans on any of the forums have noticed that this BH optimus toy design is a slight homage to the 1991 starconvoy toy & the TFA optimus toy/cartoon. the slight homage comes from how the chest cab from windows are shaped

Personally I feel the BH Ultimate sized Optimus toy is worth getting JUST FOR THE COOL OVER SIZED WEAPONS & ACCESSORIES/GEAR. Since most TF fans seem to like these huge gigantic cool designed types of weapons/accessories/gear.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Gomess wrote:In all seriousness, am I the only one who looks at that and thinks "fanart"? Maybe it's the proportions, the pose, the copious meaningless pointy bits, I dunno.
Welcome to Prime.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote:
Gomess wrote:In all seriousness, am I the only one who looks at that and thinks "fanart"? Maybe it's the proportions, the pose, the copious meaningless pointy bits, I dunno.
Welcome to Prime.
I like the TFP/BH designs aesthetics more than the TFA designs aesthetics. at the very least TFP/BH is aiming their sculpts at a higher kids age group than TFA was & the TFP/BH toys are better proportioned.

I like the TFP/BH designs aesthetics more than Dotm because the sculpts are less ugly & not mangled nor are they mis-proportioned messes.

What bothers me a bit about the TFP/BH designs aesthetics is that some different character toys have the same/generic forearms,hands & spkies. examples: 1- Megatron,optimus & shockwave all have similar designed forarms & similar designed spikes.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Onslaught Six wrote:Welcome to Prime.
Sorry, wrong address!
Tigermegatron wrote:at the very least TFP/BH is aiming their sculpts at a higher kids age group than TFA was
Why is this a good thing
Tigermegatron wrote:What bothers me a bit about the TFP/BH designs aesthetics is that some different character toys have the same/generic forearms,hands & spkies.
Aiming at a higher age group = Generic design elements = Better??
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

I saw "digibash" from it based on the TINY head and hands. It's like he's wearing another bot as a suit. BIG BIGGER BIGGGGGGGGGER! seems to have been the artistic direction here. More fuel for the "roids!" argument. ;)
at the very least TFP/BH is aiming their sculpts at a higher kids age group than TFA was
Why is this a good thing
What bothers me a bit about the TFP/BH designs aesthetics is that some different character toys have the same/generic forearms,hands & spkies.
Aiming at a higher age group = Generic design elements = Better??
Consider the source.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?