BH Megatron's aquatic theme toy revealed with pics.

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: BH Megatron's aquatic theme toy revealed with pics.

Post by JediTricks »

Onslaught Six wrote:
Gomess wrote:
JediTricks wrote:
Onslaught Six wrote:King Poseidon is Japanese Piranacon. (G grew up watching Masterforce.)
There's a lot of Japanese names that I don't think would be appropriate in the US line, that is one of them. Not roboty sounding at all, also impossible to copyright.
Decepticon King Poseidon?
JT: You mean trademark. :D

G: That doesn't work and you know it, man, otherwise Bandai could turn around and release "Megazord Optimus Prime" next year.
Yes yes, showoff. :p

It's not very good, either way.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

I must be the only guy who's looking forward to this fig. I've been really won over by the BH designs and I love cybertronian/alien looking TFs, and this is a retool of a cybertronian figure already so it's doubly-alien. Literally the only thing I don't like is how high his gun is if you peg it into his arm but I know they had to account for his fin.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I think a lot of us would be more interested if it weren't Yet Another Megatron.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Onslaught Six wrote:I think a lot of us would be more interested if it weren't Yet Another Megatron.
Meh, well, I don't have any iteration of this mold nor character so it's new to me.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Almighty Unicron wrote:I must be the only guy who's looking forward to this fig. I've been really won over by the BH designs and I love cybertronian/alien looking TFs, and this is a retool of a cybertronian figure already so it's doubly-alien. Literally the only thing I don't like is how high his gun is if you peg it into his arm but I know they had to account for his fin.
Well, you can peg the gun/sword into his hand if you prefer, it's a standard peg. It does look very weird mounted to the forearm, they could have had the thing envelop the forearm fin instead.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I Probably won't be buying BH Sharkticon Megatron,as I wasn't a fan of the 2012 mold. I'm less of a fan of the added fishy parts as I think they make the mold look worse than it already it. In other words it's like adding more garbage to existing garbage.

I don't mind alien space ships,I actually love to buy them. Examples various Star Wars space ships,Star Trek alien space ships,Some Transformers robots with passable space ship alt modes

What I don't like is frankenstien type mix match pieces,blobs folded up disasters that look like scrapped/destroyed twisted steel that gets labeled as space ships. THIS IS WHAT BH Sharticon Megatron's toy is. This is also what 2012 TFP Voyager megatron's toy was.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

JediTricks wrote:
Almighty Unicron wrote:I must be the only guy who's looking forward to this fig. I've been really won over by the BH designs and I love cybertronian/alien looking TFs, and this is a retool of a cybertronian figure already so it's doubly-alien. Literally the only thing I don't like is how high his gun is if you peg it into his arm but I know they had to account for his fin.
Well, you can peg the gun/sword into his hand if you prefer, it's a standard peg. It does look very weird mounted to the forearm, they could have had the thing envelop the forearm fin instead.
I may do a little bit o' kitbashing when/if I get it in hand, maybe deepen the hole in his arm. While it's a cool accessory, a megatron holding his weapon seems wrong to me somehow. The sword form looks boss as fuck though.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

I'm kind of interested in this toy, actually. I'm not really into the Prime stuff, but even a half-ass Seacon vibe on a figure gets my attention. It would have been a sure buy if this was out a couple years ago, but I've cut my toy buying way down lately.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Hasbro posted official pictures of this figure on their Facebook, the name doesn't seem to be "Sharkticon Megatron" though:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 938&type=3

He gets a special big-mouth faction symbol to go with it.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

JediTricks wrote:Hasbro posted official pictures of this figure on their Facebook, the name doesn't seem to be "Sharkticon Megatron" though:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 938&type=3

He gets a special big-mouth faction symbol to go with it.
It kinda reminds me of the Aliens from Space Invaders... I doubt the final toy will have that, though.

Now that we have good color pics, I'm wondering if that blue thing in the fish-gun's mouth is a missile or another handle for the sword form? On one hand, there's that cool handle that he's already holding it by, on the other hand, I'm not sure if there's room in there for springs to shoot a missile.