BH Megatron's aquatic theme toy revealed with pics.

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

BH Megatron's aquatic theme toy revealed with pics.

Post by Tigermegatron »

BH Megatron's toy finally revealed with pics.http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ype/27031/

This is clearly a major resculpt based off the TFP 2012 Voyager Megatron toy. it has a lot of aquatic re-sculpting going on in the mold. There appears to be newely added fish styled accessories/weapons.

SO what of that odd FOC Grimlock resculpted into BW Megatron toy? Will that FOC BW Megatron toy be a part of the BH toy line/cartoon or will it be a part of the Generation toy line? Will TFP/BH Megatron be getting two different CGI designs for season 3 or not? only time will tell.

My speculation is,since the autobots & decepticons are both wearing beast hunters gear. it's certainly possible that they form a temporary alliance to fight all the Predacons beast.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: BH Megatron's aquatic theme toy revealed with pics.

Post by JediTricks »

Looks like more dragon armor to me, not fish.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

JediTricks wrote:Looks like more dragon armor to me, not fish.
I just got the info words from that link. if it's wrong then blame the source info in that link.

Personally I think it looks like fishy colors & fish accessories/gear. obviously whatever the gears theme is,it'll be used to fight the beast predacons.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Tigermegatron wrote:I just got the info words from that link. if it's wrong then blame the source info in that link.

Personally I think it looks like fishy colors & fish accessories/gear. obviously whatever the gears theme is,it'll be used to fight the beast predacons.
I'm not "blaming" anyone, I stated an opinion, nothing more.

The colors are immaterial because that's a test shot, they run test shots usually in whatever color they have on hand, the only criteria being that it matches the material they plan to use later.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Nah, come on JT- look at the face design on his chest and that coelacanth thing on his right forearm. Fishatron.
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

The news post at TFW2005 said they thought the chest piece has a passing resemblance to the Seacon Skalor. I can see that personally. I can see his arm canon as being based on a sea creature as well.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Sparky Prime wrote:The news post at TFW2005 said they thought the chest piece has a passing resemblance to the Seacon Skalor. I can see that personally. I can see his arm canon as being based on a sea creature as well.
The official in-story history of his arm resembles a fish?

If it counts for anyrhing, BBTS has a preorder up for a Sharkticon Megatron, so that may be this? I can see the colecanthy Skalor vibe the armor's got going on, personally.
Last edited by 138 Scourge on Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Yeah, let me just throw in another vote that there's definitely something fishy about this Megatron.

The redesign is neat enough in that Beast-Hunter-y way that I like, and we don't get enough fish-themed guys these days. Providing the final colors look nice enough (Piranacon colors?!), I might pick this one up.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

It's official BBTS.com updates their orders listing page calling this test shot "Sharkticon Megatron" http://tformers.com/transformers-voyage ... /news.html

It'll interesting to see how far this extensive re-sculpt effects the alt mode. will the alt mode look more like a Sharkticon & less like a jet or a clever fusion of both shark+jet like the energon sharticon toy is.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Ugh, so now Bumblebee is an eagle and Megatron is a fish? I dunno, I think that'd be pretty odd if Hasbro called this figure such a thing, Bumblebee doesn't have a prefix name, their weapons get the animal names instead. I would not be surprised to learn this is an unofficial placeholder name.

As for the colors, they really don't mean anything, here's the test shot on Shockwave: http://www.seibertron.com/news/index.ph ... word=prime