Breaking News!! Japan getting newer combiners toys for TFP

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... er-177017/

The listings are: G01 Kenzan Samurai, a police car. G02 Jinbu Samurai, a jet. G03 Ganoh Samurai, a fire engine.
All Three are set for a release in June. Details attached to G01 through G03 indicates that they can combine into three different larger robots - presumably this means that one of them forms the main robot and the remaining two the limbs.

Thus far their are no pics. As most know Transformers G0,Is the name Takara is calling the Beast Hunters Japanese toys. So These might be new mold Combiners for the TF G0 toy line. At this point it's debattable if Hasbro will sell these or not as Hasbro in 2012 & 2009 Didn't sell about 15%+ of the Japanese Animated toys nor 15% of the 2012 Japanese TFP toys.

Some on-line TF fans are speculating these new molds TF trio of combiners might be Exclusive molds means for the Asian rumored Exclusive newer TF toy line that is also being supported by a newer Asian Exclusive TF cartoon series.

EITHER WAY I LOVE COMBINERS and this news is right up my alley. I'm speculating that Hasbro will try their best to sell these newer combiners molds,even if it takes longer than most are willing to wait. Because Hasbro loves combiners TF toys & rarely passes up the opportunity to sell them to their USA/global distributors.

MY SPECULATION,THESE ARE NO DOUBT PROTECTOBOTS COMBINERS NEWER TOYS. it's possible two more protectobots team members might be released in other assortment waves like those Energon 5-in-1 combiners were released. Making the full team consisting of 5 members that merge to form Defensor. I hope these aren't all Legends nor Commanders sized toys. I kinda want them all to be Deluxe size like the FOC Combaticons toys. Or at the very least have Hotspot a a Deluxe & the other limbs bots as Basics/Commander sized toys.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Re: Breaking News!! Japan getting newer combiners toys for T

Post by Gomess »

It's nice that they're not trying to make it obvious these are *Japanese* Transformers with the names and all.

KENZAN SAMURAI

that's like having a wild west TF called DRAW COWBOY
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

About a year or two years ago,Hasbro at various conventions & Q & A'S hinted that the TF Prime cartoon & toy line would get a few combiners teams added. It's a safe bet to speculate that Beast Hunters cancelled out these Combiners teams toys. The Japanese GO-Combiners are probably using all of the cancelled TFP Combiners that were originally meant to be in the TFP toy line/cartoon.

The BH Terrorcons were most likely going to play a huge role in the TFP cartoon series before Beast Hunters canceled those plans. My speculation is that the Terrorcons were probably going to all be deluxe sized toys. Then when Hasbro canceled the terrorcons from the cartoon,Hasbro lowered their toy sizes to legends sized toys.

I suspose it's plauable that the newer exclusive asian TF toy line with a newer Exclusive cartoon series,will feature a huge chunk of all the TFP New molds combiners & other molds that Hasbro canceled at the last minute in Favor of the Beast hunters toys.

Many USA on-line internet TF fans are speculating that Takara in Japan probably won't be selling that many Beast hunters themed toys like a huge chunk of the dragon-bots predacons toys. I SAY THIS IS PURE RIDICULOUS THINKING/SPECULATION AS TAKARA IS LOCATED IN JAPAN THE LAND THAT CREATED THE DRAGONS MYTHS. TO ADD FURTHER COAL TO THE FIRE,THE JAPANESE PEOPLE CELEBRATE THE DRAGON VARIOUS TIMES THRU THE YEAR WITH NEW YEAR BEING THE BIGGEST DRAGON CELEBRATION. SO WITH ALL THIS IN MIND,I WOULD THINK TAKARA WOULD WELCOME DRAGON-BOTS PREDACONS TOYS. AS MOST JAPANESE KIDS LOVE DRAGONS & THESE DRAGON-BOTS PREDACONS HAVE A HIGH SUCCESS RATE OF SELLING DECENT OVER THERE IN JAPAN,DUE TO MOST JAPANESE LITERALLY WORSHIPING THE DRAGON AS A GOD.

Takara will most likely continue airing the TFP cartoon season & will air season 3 in japan. Takara has a high success rate of releasing all the newer TF toys that appear in a TF cartoon series that they air in Japan. So it's a safe bet to assume Takara will sell any BH toys that make it into the season 3 cartoon series. Basically whatever dragon-bots preacons make it into the cartoon will get sold by takara as toys for japan. Whether takara sells the non-show dragon-bots predacons toys in stores in unknown as they sometimes don't & sometimes do.

I suspose the only real question is what different gimmicks will takara use for their Japanese versions of BH & Generations toys in 2013. Will takara keep use those TFP Minicons gimmicks for 2013? create newer minicons molds? recolor minicons from 2012 & place them on 2013 TF toys? come up with different gimmicks/weapons than the Hasbro USA TF 2013 BH & Generations toys?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I SAY THIS IS PURE RIDICULOUS THINKING/SPECULATION AS TAKARA IS LOCATED IN JAPAN THE LAND THAT CREATED THE DRAGONS MYTHS. TO ADD FURTHER COAL TO THE FIRE,THE JAPANESE PEOPLE CELEBRATE THE DRAGON VARIOUS TIMES THRU THE YEAR WITH NEW YEAR BEING THE BIGGEST DRAGON CELEBRATION. SO WITH ALL THIS IN MIND,I WOULD THINK TAKARA WOULD WELCOME DRAGON-BOTS PREDACONS TOYS. AS MOST JAPANESE KIDS LOVE DRAGONS & THESE DRAGON-BOTS PREDACONS HAVE A HIGH SUCCESS RATE OF SELLING DECENT OVER THERE IN JAPAN,DUE TO MOST JAPANESE LITERALLY WORSHIPING THE DRAGON AS A GOD.
This is so wrong I don't even know where to begin.

Oh wait, I do!

That's China. Japan is a different country.

And before you say a single sentence involving the words, in this order, "Dragon," "Ball" and "Z," Dragonball is based on a Chinese myth called Journey To The West.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote:
I SAY THIS IS PURE RIDICULOUS THINKING/SPECULATION AS TAKARA IS LOCATED IN JAPAN THE LAND THAT CREATED THE DRAGONS MYTHS. TO ADD FURTHER COAL TO THE FIRE,THE JAPANESE PEOPLE CELEBRATE THE DRAGON VARIOUS TIMES THRU THE YEAR WITH NEW YEAR BEING THE BIGGEST DRAGON CELEBRATION. SO WITH ALL THIS IN MIND,I WOULD THINK TAKARA WOULD WELCOME DRAGON-BOTS PREDACONS TOYS. AS MOST JAPANESE KIDS LOVE DRAGONS & THESE DRAGON-BOTS PREDACONS HAVE A HIGH SUCCESS RATE OF SELLING DECENT OVER THERE IN JAPAN,DUE TO MOST JAPANESE LITERALLY WORSHIPING THE DRAGON AS A GOD.
This is so wrong I don't even know where to begin.

Oh wait, I do!

That's China. Japan is a different country.

And before you say a single sentence involving the words, in this order, "Dragon," "Ball" and "Z," Dragonball is based on a Chinese myth called Journey To The West.
Japan has a whole bunch of dragons mythical creatures that exist in stories strectching way back into their origins civilization. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dr ... d_folklore

Also Godzilla which was a Dinosaur/whatever was a native of Japan,as he often attacked/defended Japan depending on his mood that day/movie. A few of Godzilla's fighting foes were dragons.

So the Dragons myths & worship clearly goes on in japan by it's citizens. Most Japanese kids/adults/fans are huge fans of dragons/godzilla & his foes,more so than americans are.

POINT OF MY REPLY ABOVE WAS THAT DRAGONS TOYS ARE HIGHLY DESIRABLE IN JAPAN & DOMINATE THE JAPANESE MARKET STORES MORE THAN THEY DO IN THE USA. So I'd imagine Takara would be anxious to sell these BH dragon-bots predacons toys,as the japanese market is dominated by dragons toys that get bought by japanese buyers in extremly high volume compared to the USA.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

O6, thanks for fielding this one.

Tigs, I'm afraid you're kinda off the mark here. "Most Japanese" do not "literally worship the dragon as a god." That's an amazing assertion. Cows are more revered in India than dragons are in Japan. And the western 'dragon' is a compleeetely different thing to the Japanese 'ryuu'. They really have nothing in common at all, the former being a physical malevolent reptile that breathes fire and kidnaps maidens, and the latter a divine benevolent mammal/reptile/fish hybrid which brings rain and never appears in full before humans.

And as O6 correctly points out, all of Japan's frames of reference for the 'ryuu' were taken from the Chinese 'long'. Claiming the dragon is sacred to Japan is like claiming the bagpipe is sacred to Canada. Or the curry is sacred to England. ...No ok, I'll give you that last one.

But just trust me on this one. The most popular animals with Japanese kids- and I at least am willing to admit that this is a generalisation, but one based on observable results- are actually bugs. That's been the case since like the 70s. Dinosaurs are up there too, of course, so western dragons certainly wouldn't be an immediate flop. But hey, maybe we've got some Takara-made Beast Hunters Insecticons to look forward to! >_>
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Update: Silhouette pics of these GO Combiners now exist showing how they can combiner into Gestalt mode into three different ways
http://tformers.com/transformers-go-bea ... /news.html

Once silhouette pics appear it's only a matter of a few days/weeks when regular pics appear on the internet.

Personally This looks a bit like a homage to the 1980's voltron Trio of Robots that piled on top of each other to create a Gestalt mode. Yeah I know it won't look that awful like that. It'll probably be more complex to combine. I'm thinking the Trio combined gestalt robot form will be a somewhat homage to those weird Takara Brave combiners & 1989 TF Victory RoadCaesar.

I suspose this GO Trio combiner will get major points if it pushes the envelope if the 3 robots can also form a Combined super vehicle mode. like Diatulas+sonic bomber+roadfire did in 1990.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Ok then
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Sounds like the RID Rail Racer guys but each one can now become arms, legs, or mid-torso. When you think about those Rail Racer guys, it really wouldn't be much of a stretch to do that with them, but they were simple rectangular altmodes.

I dunno, this is a lot of thought over something we haven't seen yet. PCCs sounded good on paper.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Another thread update: Their is now a blurry pic of the TRIO Autobots combiners that was taken last year from a Takara event. Their is also newer news that their will be another TRIO combiner for the Decepticons toys.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... er-177043/

A TF fan named Padawan writes: "The police car is in blue, fire truck is in red and the fighter jet is in yellow. From what i heard from the rep, the difference in price for G-01 is because of lights and sound effects, not due to any particular big disparity in size between the 3 bots. All 3 bots have their own combiner heads and can combine in 3 different combiner forms, looks pretty good.
Wait til you guys see the the other 3 decepticon combiner bots."

These Takara G0 combiners seem like the ones hasbro mentioned in 2011/2012 were going to appear in the TFP cartoon/toy line. Then Hasbro canceled these combiners in favor of the Beast hunters toys/media.