Celebration,Hasbro gets rid of try me holes in 2013 Toy boxs

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Celebration,Hasbro gets rid of try me holes in 2013 Toy

Post by Shockwave »

Hey, there's a line they could try: Transformers: Space Pirates! A full line of pirate themed Transformers. It could work.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Shockwave wrote:I still have to wonder how far out in the sticks you are that it's actually cost prohibitive to drive 15 miles. I mean, that's what, a 1/2 hour drive? Most cities and even small towns will usually have some sort of department store in them. Unless you're in a really extreme remote area like a Cabin in the Woods somewhere...
I'm from NYC,Their isn't that many local Walmarts,Targets,nor Kmarts. I had a local TRU store that was a 10 minute walk from my house,but the storms from 2012 destroyed that TRU store.

Like I said,It's not worth driving 15 to 20 miles out of the way,wasting all that gasoline at $3.50+ per gallon. I'd rather do on-line shopping.

Over a decade ago,I had a local Kmart that was 5 miles away,That Kmart store was forced to close down because the owners of the store cited they were losing tons of profits from thieves who were stealing from store. A year later a Kohl's store took over that Kmart store,but as most know Kohl's isn't that great for getting newer TF toys in at a decent pace. Kohl's mainly gets smalls & no bigs. Needless to say that kohl's is also closed for repairs due to the storms from last year.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

BWprowl wrote:
Shockwave wrote:Is Thundertron part of the "Prime" line? Cause this sounds like something I might be interested in.
Yeah, he's a Voyager-size toy, shipped in the same wave as Ultra Magnus, so you may be able to still find him around some places.
Also, I just read the first post earlier. Tiger, you should do standup and your act should start with this story. This is one of the most hilarious things I've read in a while :lol:
Yeah, I think Tigs's "global Transfan accessory-stealing-and-throwing-away-for-the-evulz conspiracy" theory is an even more amusing reason for hating try-me holes in boxes than Dom's fear of people sticking their...well, you know...in there.

And just for the record, I've never seen a try-me hole'd TF box with an accessory stolen out of it.
This TFP Thundertron toy has it's major faults. it's missing those neccessary pegs & slots tabs that hold everything together. due to this toy missing the connectors tabs & slots,both modes fall apart & are very loose. the over-all sculpt is decent i both modes. it's got decent poseabilty in robot mode. the beast mode front legs lack poseabilty. this toy has one of the best mech tech weapons i've ever seen. another bonus is the robot mode is on the tall side. it's worth picking up if you can find one for $12.99 at one of those discount stores like marshalls,tjmaxx,ross,etc...

Yes,I did replace the ugly pirate head with a kreo-mirage head. I also replaced the pirate peg leg with a normal leg. Maybe i'll take pics of this & post pics if anyone if curious to see what it looks like.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Tigermegatron wrote:I'm from NYC,Their isn't that many local Walmarts,Targets,nor Kmarts. I had a local TRU store that was a 10 minute walk from my house,but the storms from 2012 destroyed that TRU store.
There aren't that many retail stores in New York friggin' City? For realsies? I mean, I've never actually been to that area, but it just seems kinda...far fetched. I mean, I live in a backwoods shitberg like Fresno, and there are literally three Targets and a Wal-Mart within biking distance from my place. There's one more Target plus the TRU that are more out of the way, but are on the way to a friend's place, so it works out.
Like I said,It's not worth driving 15 to 20 miles out of the way,wasting all that gasoline at $3.50+ per gallon. I'd rather do on-line shopping.
I may be stereotyping here, but I was under the impression most New Yorkers eschewed driving in favor of taking cabs or subways. There's no trains running that can get you within hoofing distance of a retailer?

Having only experienced BART a few times when I was in Berkely, I can safely say that inter-district rapid transit is one of the best inventions ever. I probably wouldn't even use my car that much if I lived there full-time.
Shockwave wrote:Hey, there's a line they could try: Transformers: Space Pirates! A full line of pirate themed Transformers. It could work.
Hey, it worked for Super Sentai.

Transformers all turning into galleons and cannons and sea monsters? Oh yeah, I could be down for that.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

BWprowl wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:I'm from NYC,Their isn't that many local Walmarts,Targets,nor Kmarts. I had a local TRU store that was a 10 minute walk from my house,but the storms from 2012 destroyed that TRU store.
There aren't that many retail stores in New York friggin' City? For realsies? I mean, I've never actually been to that area, but it just seems kinda...far fetched. I mean, I live in a backwoods shitberg like Fresno, and there are literally three Targets and a Wal-Mart within biking distance from my place. There's one more Target plus the TRU that are more out of the way, but are on the way to a friend's place, so it works out.
I may be stereotyping here, but I was under the impression most New Yorkers eschewed driving in favor of taking cabs or subways. There's no trains running that can get you within hoofing distance of a retailer?

Having only experienced BART a few times when I was in Berkely, I can safely say that inter-district rapid transit is one of the best inventions ever. I probably wouldn't even use my car that much if I lived there full-time.
Shockwave wrote:Hey, there's a line they could try: Transformers: Space Pirates! A full line of pirate themed Transformers. It could work.
Hey, it worked for Super Sentai.

Transformers all turning into galleons and cannons and sea monsters? Oh yeah, I could be down for that.
Every time a big retail store tries to open,their are huge protest. the small business owners have huge protest & prevent those big retail stores from opening up in the area. Because they fear they can't compete with the low prices these huge retail stores offer.

Sometimes I take the trains whenever I go to manhattan but the subways smell really bad & take forever to get people to their destinations. waiting for the train to arrive takes more than 10 minutes. It takes over one hour to get to Manhattan using the train. I prefer to drive because it's faster,safer & cleaner. As most know,the city does a really bad job at fixing the subways & doesn't repair nor clean them the way they should. they claim the budget money isn't their for maintenance.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

The small businesses don't carry toys? Cause that would seem stupid for a small business to run a major chain out of town when they don't even sell comparable product.

I'm kinda flumuxed with Prowl here and maybe this is just a west coast thing because even our small podunk middle of nowhere towns have retailers of some kind. Hell, I have a Kmart that I could probably walk to from my house. Course, I will admit that proximity to toy retail locations was something that I considered when house hunting. Location, location, location.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I have not seen much in the way of "try-me" holes leading to theft.

But, I am more than happy to see Hasbro ditching "try-me" holes as I do not like handling toys that have been touched and filthed up by every damned kid who walked through the toy aisle. (Seriously. I will sanitize toys that come out of "try-me" type packaging.)

Dom
-even putting aside paranoid imaginings of stock crew members fouling toys, this is good news.