Celebration,Hasbro gets rid of try me holes in 2013 Toy boxs

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Celebration,Hasbro gets rid of try me holes in 2013 Toy boxs

Post by Tigermegatron »

Celebration,Hasbro gets rid of try me holes in 2013 Toy boxes. The late 2012 & early 2013 BH & Generations toy boxes have no "TRY ME" rectangular holes in the clear plastic on the card board boxes on voyagers & probably bigger sized toy boxes.

Why is this a celebration?

Because I was getting sick & tired of the guy/guys stealing all the DOTM/TFP weapons out of the toy boxes in my local area stores. Apparently these thieves were slipping their fingers thru the "TRY ME" holes on the boxes,then stealing the weapons right in the stores. without the need to buy the toys,open the boxes,steal the weapons,then return the toys with missing weapons.

I posted a thread here last year & on other sites. Apparently this wasn't a isolated incident. Other internet TF fans also reported thieves stealing weapons out of the DOTM & TFP toy boxes in various states.

I'm convinced their was some on-line group of fans got together & hatched this plan.

I think some fans were stealing the weapons out of the box & throwing the weapons out afterwards. I'm convinced these guys were just trying to ruin complete toys. probably because they lost their jobs,had no money,thus got jealous of fans with money to buy these toys. obviously ruining a complete toy by stealing parts from it,will prevent fans from buying this incomplete toy.

Other on-line fans speculated the thieves were army building mech tech weapons from DOTM & TFP. Since some of these mech tech weapons could combine with each other. This sort of made sense. I never saw anyone selling these on-line thru amazon,ebay,ioffer,etc.. So I don't know if this speculation was correct,As most thieves try to profit off there stolen goods,not horde them & get no cash out of them.

Other on-line fans,speculated that the thieves were after the exspensive led batteries these light up TFP Mech-tech weapons that the voyagers came packaged with. Problem with this speculation was that the thieves weren't just stealing the TFP Mech tech weapons. The thieves previously stole the DOTM Mech tech weapons that had no light up features that required led batteries. The thieves were also stealing all the other non-light/no battery weapons from TFP toy boxes.

Last week,Target restocked on some late 2012 TFP Toys. To my surprise the thief stole the mech tech weapons out of two boxes from TFP Voyager sized Thundertron. Thankfully I didn't need this toy,as I bought it months ago. This still is awful for buyers buying this toy.

I wondering what the intelligence level is on these thieves. Hopefully their not using gallons of gasoline driving to these stores,for the sole purpose of stealing weapons out of toy boxes. Because with gasoline being of $3+ per gallon,it's just not worth the gas fees & ones valuable spare time. I'm thinking these thieves live within walking distance or perhaps there store employees. statistics reveal that store employees often steal more than customers. it's said most store cameras are their firstly to catch employee theft,secondary to catch customer theft.

These thieves are clearly adult men with some type of dis-order or grudge. Because kids/teens would just ripp that package open or try to walk out the door with the whole box. Only a adult male with some type of mental dis-order/grudge would waste minutes upon minutes in a toy aisle slipping & sliding his fingers thru a tiny rectangular box hole trying to maneuver the weapons free from it's twist ties.

Clearly These thieves have low intelligence because they could be wasting minutes upon minutes stealing higher priced items,instead of stealing barely $2.00 Transformers weapons from a hole in the box. no I don't support stealing of any kind,I'm just pointing out the stupidity of the secenario.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Celebration,Hasbro gets rid of try me holes in 2013 Toy

Post by Onslaught Six »

Deathy, how far do you have to drive to get to a Walmart, Target, etc.?

I ask because you always seem like you're harping on gas prices. I mean, sure, it sucks for everybody, but a lot of people already work in a city. I used to drive right by a Target, Wal-Mart and TRU on my way to and from work every day. It cost me no extra gas to stop by and look for stuff.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote:Deathy, how far do you have to drive to get to a Walmart, Target, etc.?

I ask because you always seem like you're harping on gas prices. I mean, sure, it sucks for everybody, but a lot of people already work in a city. I used to drive right by a Target, Wal-Mart and TRU on my way to and from work every day. It cost me no extra gas to stop by and look for stuff.
My local walmarts,targets,kmarts & TRU's are all 15 to 20 miles away EAST.

My work driving schedule is 20 miles away WEST. If I want to go to any walmarts,targets,kmarts or TRU's on my work travel path,then it's another 15 miles away west.

Driving 15 to 20 miles away to the stores looking for newer TF toys can be quite costly,when gasoline prices are over $3.50+per gallon. Spending all this gasoline & finding nothing New in stores that I want is like throwing money out the window.

This is why I limit my TF toy hunts to once a month.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Have you googled to see if there are any that are closer or along or near where you work that may have opened recently or something? Because usually even most small towns these days will have multiple locations nearby. This is usually true for both Target and WM.

Granted, I live in a big city and my commute, while 30 miles, pretty much consists of me going from one end of a metropolis to the other. So naturally, I probably pass by about 6 Targets on the way to work that wouldn't be more than a few miles out of my way if I wanted to go. Same for WM. Much fewer for Toys R Us, but that's not as wide a chain.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Shockwave wrote:Have you googled to see if there are any that are closer or along or near where you work that may have opened recently or something? Because usually even most small towns these days will have multiple locations nearby. This is usually true for both Target and WM.

Granted, I live in a big city and my commute, while 30 miles, pretty much consists of me going from one end of a metropolis to the other. So naturally, I probably pass by about 6 Targets on the way to work that wouldn't be more than a few miles out of my way if I wanted to go. Same for WM. Much fewer for Toys R Us, but that's not as wide a chain.
Yes,I use various things,Like store locators links that are located on most sites like walmart.com,target.com,kmart.com,Toys R Us.com,etc..

Due to these stores above being so far away,I often find it easier to just order the newer TF toys on-line. Sites like wal-mart.com often offer super low $2.00 shipping fees. other sites like Hasbro.com & Toys R Us.com often offer free shipping when buyers spend over a certain amount.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I still have to wonder how far out in the sticks you are that it's actually cost prohibitive to drive 15 miles. I mean, that's what, a 1/2 hour drive? Most cities and even small towns will usually have some sort of department store in them. Unless you're in a really extreme remote area like a Cabin in the Woods somewhere...
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

There's a character called "Thundertron" now...?
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Gomess wrote:There's a character called "Thundertron" now...?
Yeah, he's the lion-altmoded leader of a 'new' faction of Cybertronians called 'Star Seekers' that were introduced in that 'Exiles' novel that came out a while ago. They're a group of space pirates who hate the Autobots and Decepticons for letting their war destroy their home planet.

The toy, being a mostly white and blue pirate robot who turns into a lion is obstinately an homage to Pirate Lion of Beastformers/Battle Beasts. He sports a beard, captain's hat, coat-tails, peg-leg, and scimitar. Design elements of the toy reflecting the character itself! And he's from a brand-new, third faction. I, expectedly, love him. TigMig loves his 'sleek, beautiful, youthful' altmode, but dislikes the peg-leg and bearded robot head because pirates are ugly and that goes against the 'youthfulness' of the beast mode, or something, apparently. There's a topic on this starting with him swapping his robot head with a Kre-O Mirage head, I believe, see there for more details.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Is Thundertron part of the "Prime" line? Cause this sounds like something I might be interested in.

Also, I just read the first post earlier. Tiger, you should do standup and your act should start with this story. This is one of the most hilarious things I've read in a while :lol:
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Shockwave wrote:Is Thundertron part of the "Prime" line? Cause this sounds like something I might be interested in.
Yeah, he's a Voyager-size toy, shipped in the same wave as Ultra Magnus, so you may be able to still find him around some places.
Also, I just read the first post earlier. Tiger, you should do standup and your act should start with this story. This is one of the most hilarious things I've read in a while :lol:
Yeah, I think Tigs's "global Transfan accessory-stealing-and-throwing-away-for-the-evulz conspiracy" theory is an even more amusing reason for hating try-me holes in boxes than Dom's fear of people sticking their...well, you know...in there.

And just for the record, I've never seen a try-me hole'd TF box with an accessory stolen out of it.