List your top 3 MP TF bigger sized toy choices for 2013.

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

List your top 3 MP TF bigger sized toy choices for 2013.

Post by Tigermegatron »

List your top 3 MP TF bigger sized toy choices for 2013 Takara. Obviously out of the three only one will get chosen.

Please don't say Takara MP TF Prowl,Smokescreen & Silverstreak & 3 new molds for 2013 in japan. Because there not,thus far there is only one new mold that is getting 3 different color variations/remolds/persona's applied to it.

I noticed a MP TF toy pattern last year in 2012. Takara in Japan released one new mold Smaller scale deluxe & One bigger scale Ultra 8 inch MP TF toy. SO LETS JUST ASSUME/PRETEND THIS WILL HAPPEN IN 2013.

My 2013 MP TF Takara Japan BIGGER SCALE 8 INCH ULTRA OR LEADER SIZED MP TF TAKARA TOYS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

1- G-1 1986 Galvatron,9.5 inch leader sized robot mode. Either do a 1986 galvatron toy/media accurate MP TF toy version. Or do something like the Classics 2.0/25th Tank-bot deluxe galvatron. Have the tank mode be based off a realistic military tank with a burnt orange tank turrent barrel. 9.5 inch robot leader sized with tons of poseabilty,higher/more G-1 1986 Galvatron styled robot. Accesories could include hand gun 1986 toy can with,matrix on steele chain.

2- 1988 Masterforce overlord,One voyager sized Tank,one Voyager sized Jet,that both combine to form a 9.5 inch leader sized robot mode. Don't really need a city mode nor the two nebulans Godmasters,I just want the 1988 huge riffle gun & all the pop out weapons the 1988 toy hand,having the jet nose as a arm shield is a must.

3- 1986 Cyclonus,8.5 to 9.0 inch robot mode. looks exactly like the 1986 Cyclonus toy/media,Futertisc jet mode & super poseable robot mode. Accessories can include all the hand guns weapons & maybe the Targermaster that transforms into a poseable Nebulan homanoid.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: List your top 3 MP TF bigger sized toy choices for 2013.

Post by Onslaught Six »

2- 1988 Masterforce overlord,One voyager sized Tank,one Voyager sized Jet,that both combine to form a 9.5 inch leader sized robot mode. Don't really need a city mode nor the two nebulans Godmasters,I just want the 1988 huge riffle gun & all the pop out weapons the 1988 toy hand,having the jet nose as a arm shield is a must.
I actually had no idea Overlord had a base mode until this very moment. And on top of that, it actually doesn't look too bad!

I'd like it if the tank and jet could combine into a (completely nonsensical) super vehicle that he can then transform from without separating them, because ever since I saw Tidal Wave do it, nothing else will do.

Also, not having the Godmasters would suck, and Takara would never do it that way since, to them, the toy 'is' those Godmasters, and a big robot that they pilot.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote: I actually had no idea Overlord had a base mode until this very moment. And on top of that, it actually doesn't look too bad!.
It was never a question if it looked good or bad,thus deleting it from the MP TF Overlord toy. It was always a question of can the Exspense of the MP TF toy process,complicated & delicate nature of the design handle the stress/money of a extra city base mode.
Onslaught Six wrote: I'd like it if the tank and jet could combine into a (completely nonsensical) super vehicle that he can then transform from without separating them, because ever since I saw Tidal Wave do it, nothing else will do.
My fan idea was to Turn 1988 Overlord into Skylynx for a leader sized Generations toy version. By having the Overlord voyager sized tank transform into a Lion mode. Have the voyager Black Jet mode Transform into a Dragon. Then Having the Dragon & lion merge in beast modes to form a leader sized Skylynx type super beast. Then ofcauser the tank & jet would merge to form a leader sized robot mode Overlord. This idea has major repaint potential for Sklynx.
Onslaught Six wrote: Also, not having the Godmasters would suck, and Takara would never do it that way since, to them, the toy 'is' those Godmasters, and a big robot that they pilot.
Would it? Hasbro/Takara for the past few years have been creating newer molds in classics/generations & they've been deleting all those 1980's gimmicks. Like deleting some "Masters" gimmicks,deleting the pretenders shell gimmicks,etc.. Hasbro has been calling these version the before or after versions. Because they got those gimmicks,or after they evoulved & didn't need those gimmicks anymore.

Granted Hasbro/Takara has never done any MP TF's characters toys with any of those late 1980's Gimmicks. So theirs no knowing if the gimmicks will remain or get deleted. My guess is this decision is what's delaying some of the "gimmicks-masters" 1980's G-1 TF's from getting MP & Classics/Generations TF toys,like Starsabre,Victoryleo,Deathsauras,Overlord,Fortress maximus,Scorponok,etc.....
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Tigermegatron wrote:
Onslaught Six wrote: I actually had no idea Overlord had a base mode until this very moment. And on top of that, it actually doesn't look too bad!.
It was never a question if it looked good or bad,thus deleting it from the MP TF Overlord toy. It was always a question of can the Exspense of the MP TF toy process,complicated & delicate nature of the design handle the stress/money of a extra city base mode.
While you're probably right as far as a new toy goes, I was just talking about the original toy's.
My fan idea was to Turn 1988 Overlord into Skylynx for a leader sized Generations toy version. By having the Overlord voyager sized tank transform into a Lion mode. Have the voyager Black Jet mode Transform into a Dragon. Then Having the Dragon & lion merge in beast modes to form a leader sized Skylynx type super beast. Then ofcauser the tank & jet would merge to form a leader sized robot mode Overlord. This idea has major repaint potential for Sklynx.
...but...why?

If nothing else, a lion is generally seen as a heroic character (think Aslan) so it definitely wouldn't work for Overlord. And Sky Lynx sucks and has a terrible name, so I definitely don't want Overlord (one of my favourite obscure characters) to become him.

Aaron Archer apparently keeps a Sky Lynx on his desk specifically to remind him of what not to do with Transformers, so I think you're out of luck on getting a new one (unless Michael Bay is just enamoured with him for some reason).
Would it? Hasbro/Takara for the past few years have been creating newer molds in classics/generations & they've been deleting all those 1980's gimmicks. Like deleting some "Masters" gimmicks,deleting the pretenders shell gimmicks,etc.. Hasbro has been calling these version the before or after versions. Because they got those gimmicks,or after they evoulved & didn't need those gimmicks anymore.

Granted Hasbro/Takara has never done any MP TF's characters toys with any of those late 1980's Gimmicks. So theirs no knowing if the gimmicks will remain or get deleted. My guess is this decision is what's delaying some of the "gimmicks-masters" 1980's G-1 TF's from getting MP & Classics/Generations TF toys,like Starsabre,Victoryleo,Deathsauras,Overlord,Fortress maximus,Scorponok,etc.....
I'm not saying they have to literally become engines to help Overlord transform. They could be Minicons for all I care--but it'd be cool to see them represented in some form.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote:...but...why? If nothing else, a lion is generally seen as a heroic character (think Aslan) so it definitely wouldn't work for Overlord. And Sky Lynx sucks and has a terrible name, so I definitely don't want Overlord (one of my favourite obscure characters) to become him.
Lions have been portrayed EVIL successfully in the media,Just look at Scar from the Lion king movie. We've had our share of evil Lion-bots in the TF toy lines/Media like 1986 Razorclaw,Black Nemesis Breaker,etc...
Onslaught Six wrote:...Aaron Archer apparently keeps a Sky Lynx on his desk specifically to remind him of what not to do with Transformers, so I think you're out of luck on getting a new one (unless Michael Bay is just enamoured with him for some reason).
Hasbro did release a DOTM commander sized Hatchet. That was basically a Beast that transformed into a jet like stealth bomber. Had this toy been Voyager sized more would have noticed it's existance & rembered it more. This Hatchet toy is probably the closet were going to get to a update on the 1986 Skylynx toy design.
Onslaught Six wrote: I'm not saying they have to literally become engines to help Overlord transform. They could be Minicons for all I care--but it'd be cool to see them represented in some form.
This is how,I also always pictured updated "Masters" gimmicks being updated For Deathsauras,Overlord,Starsabre,make e'm into Minicons with attaching ports,Sorta like what the AEC TF toy lines did. By having Mini-cons Target masters,Mini-cons headmasters,Mini-cons breast plates. The PCC toy lines Even had Minicons become guns,meelee weapons,breast plates & that power master engine for PCC basic sized Leadfoot.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Hasbro did release a DOTM commander sized Hatchet. That was basically a Beast that transformed into a jet like stealth bomber. Had this toy been Voyager sized more would have noticed it's existance & rembered it more. This Hatchet toy is probably the closet were going to get to a update on the 1986 Skylynx toy design.
...Hatchet isn't a Sky Lynx homage.