So, uh... Prime's canceled after 13 more episodes.

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: So, uh... Prime's canceled after 13 more episodes.

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Beast Hunters were replaced with something akin to Beast Machines, or Energon, in relation to BW or Armada. In other words, "Beast Hunters" may end, but it could very well be replaced by a "new" show that has a different name, but functionally takes place in the same universe and continues the story of the preceeding series.
I highly doubt any of this above will happen. Because the TF Prime cartoon series doesn't lend itself that great to re-runs due to the bad writting,some horrible persona characters & ugly CGI designs for more than 40% of the TF robots cast. The TF Prime toys sold badly in USA stores in early 2012 due to cases being over loaded with bumblbee & most of the toys had ugly designs nobody wanted to buy.I SINCERELY DOUBT THE NEWER/NEXT 2014 TF CARTOON WILL EXIST IN THE TFP/BH UNIVERSE,AS THE TFP TOYS/CARTOON DID SO BADLY IN STORES/TV & WASN'T WELL RECEIVED BY FANS/KIDS/PARENTS.

The 2008 TF animated toy line/cartoon series did better in toy sales in America than the 2012 TF Prime toys did. Basically if the higher ratting 2007-2009 TF animated show+better selling animated toys never got another cartoon that existed in the same universe like AEC,Then TFP/BH Won't. Because TFP/BH did worse in toy sales & cartoon viewer rattings compared to TF animated.

I speculate that the newer/next TF cartoon series/toy line in Fall 2014 will have a classics/generations feel/universe/designs to it. It'll be a new re-telling of G-1 that looks similar to IDW TF G-1 Comics. Because it's due for one,fans have been crying for one,the IDW TF GUY quit IDW & got hired by hasbro. The Classics 1.0,20,25th,RTS,FOC,Generations sales are up & there quick sellers in USA stores.

If I had my way,I'd do a "Operation combination/scramble city" type newer TF toy line/cartoon series. this way Hasbro could create newer toys for all the USA 1980'S TF Combiners in various size scales/price points.

Here's hoping Rescue bots toys/cartoon gets cancelled next sometime in the year 2013. Because it's gotta be the worse TF toy line/cartoon series to ever exist. The Hasbro playschool TF GO-BOTS toys that were created almost a decade ago were better toys because they had more poseabilty,more complex transformations & higher sculpt/better toy color schemes compared to rescue bots toys.

Here's hoping Hasbro never does a Kreo/Kreon,Bot shots or construc-bots TF cartoon series. Because this will be worse/similar to Rescue bots cartoon series.
Last edited by Tigermegatron on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Tigermegatron wrote:This should come as no surprise,As I saw news regarding this a few months ago & stated it in a thread here on TFVIEWS. Almost everyone stated I was wrong & asked me to provide links. I couldn't find the links because they were months old. finding months old source links is like looking for a needle in a hay stack.
Sparky Prime wrote: That's not really how that thread went. At the time, there wasn't any official confirmation if there would be a fourth season or not, just a comment from voice actor Jeffrey Combs who had actually said there would be a 4th season, which O6 was able to find and provided a link to in that thread.
in that Thread viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1231 in my replies I stated the following info: "Season 3 will wrap up the TF Prime cartoon series with the last 16 episodes."

In that thread, viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1231 I saw the official info regarding the cancelation of TFP/BH in 2013 & it would only get 16 season 3 episodes,then get canceled. The whole problem in that thread stemed from me not being able to find the source links due to them being months old. Trying to finding months old source links is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack.

This is exactly what's happening in 2013,TFP/Beasthunters Season 3 will air 13 episodes then get canceled. There's going to be a TFP/BH Season 3 movie that will most likely get 3 episodes,13 season 3 TFP/BH episodes+3 TFP/BH movie episodes equal 16 episodes. AT THIS TIME IT'S UNKNOWN IF THE 3 TFP/BH MOVIE EPISODES WILL START OFF SEASON 3 OR HAVE A STORY AFTER THE LAST SEASON 3 13TH EPISODE ENDS.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:in that Thread viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1231 in my replies I stated the following info: "Season 3 will wrap up the TF Prime cartoon series with the last 16 episodes."
Because that's what you were speculating would happen. There was no official word reported anywhere any of us could find at the time.
In that thread, viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1231 I saw the official info regarding the cancelation of TFP/BH in 2013 & it would only get 16 season 3 episodes,then get canceled.
Yeah, but again, none of us could find anything official like you had claimed there was. At the time, the only comment any of us found was from Jeffrey Combs who said the opposite was true, that there would be a 4th season.
The whole problem in that thread stemed from me not being able to find the source links due to them being months old. Trying to finding months old source links is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack.
Both O6 and I found links that we posted in that thread that were months old. It wasn't that hard to find them either. Just type in "Transformers: Prime 4th season" into Google and they are right at the top. And then you called us trolls for asking where you'd seen it say it would end.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Sparky Prime wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:in that Thread viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1231 in my replies I stated the following info: "Season 3 will wrap up the TF Prime cartoon series with the last 16 episodes."
Because that's what you were speculating would happen. There was no official word reported anywhere any of us could find at the time.
In that thread, viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1231 I saw the official info regarding the cancelation of TFP/BH in 2013 & it would only get 16 season 3 episodes,then get canceled.
Yeah, but again, none of us could find anything official like you had claimed there was. At the time, the only comment any of us found was from Jeffrey Combs who said the opposite was true, that there would be a 4th season.
The whole problem in that thread stemed from me not being able to find the source links due to them being months old. Trying to finding months old source links is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack.
Both O6 and I found links that we posted in that thread that were months old. It wasn't that hard to find them either. Just type in "Transformers: Prime 4th season" into Google and they are right at the top. And then you called us trolls for asking where you'd seen it say it would end.
There is no way my speculation could have known they'd only be 16 TFP/BH Episodes in season 3,then it would get canceled. I am not a god or enlightened one,I don't see advanced info in visions/dreams.

I saw this info on one of the top 5 TF web sites/forums. I suspect I couldn't find the source links (months after for this info TFP/BH Only 16 episodes then series get canceled info) because it was a spoiler/put up without permission/secret & Hasbro or someone else official asked that site to remove the info/links.

06 & others found those other counter-argument source links because they were easier to find,due to them not getting deleted like my source links were.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:There is no way my speculation could have known they'd only be 16 TFP/BH Episodes in season 3,then it would get canceled. I am not a god or enlightened one,I don't see advanced info in visions/dreams.
One of the links 06 had posted in that thread said they were cutting back on the number of episodes for season 3 to either 13 or 16 episodes in order to cut down on costs. You had probably read that same article at some point to know that number of episodes. But it doesn't say anything about the show getting canceled. And that's a 50/50 guess.
I saw this info on one of the top 5 TF web sites/forums. I suspect I couldn't find the source links (months after for this info TFP/BH Only 16 episodes then series get canceled info) because it was a spoiler/put up without permission/secret & Hasbro or someone else official asked that site to remove the info/links.

06 & others found those other counter-argument source links because they were easier to find,due to them not getting deleted like my source links were.
*headdesk*
That makes no sense. In the article I talked about above, they talk about how Hasbro reps casually told them that season 3 was getting cut in half to be 13 to 16 episodes. Clearly they had no problem with that information getting out since it's still there. But again, no mention of it getting canceled at that time. And in all the years I've visited TFW, if they have ever gotten a request to remove information, they don't just delete the news article, they update it to say some information had been removed. Not to mention, half the fandom would have seen it by the time it would have been asked to be taken down. And then a few weeks after that article, there was news that Jeffery Combs said there would be a season 4. Why would all the top TF sites report that as confirmation of a season 4 if they already knew that wasn't true? It's because there was nothing deleted, they just didn't have official word at the time, other than what Combs said.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

And on top of that, the real problem with that thread (according to your own words at the time, TM) was not that the links weren't available but that you just refused point blank to do even the slightest anything to back up your crazy theory. You were the one making the claim but were trying to put the burden of proof onto us, which is bullshit. Ok, so you were right. But that still didn't make it our responsibility to back up your wild theories. THAT was the problem. If something is going to come out of your mouth you better well be able to back it up with proof before you start touting it as fact. Put your money where your mouth is or shut the hell up.

Not to mention that the rest of us go to those same "top 5" websites and absolutely NONE of us saw anything EVER even remotely close to what you were claiming at the time. Face it, you guessed and it was a lucky guess but don't you dare sit there and try to tell us "I had proof the whole time!" No you didn't. You had one of your own little fan theories that turned out to be true and that's all that happened. You never had any proof, we all know it, and none of us are falling for this reverse Nostrodamus act that you're trying to pull.

Shockwave
-The Jedi mind trick only works on the WEAK minded.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Here's the thing: Maybe Prime is officially ending, but for all we know the continued production will masquerade under the same production name. In other words, internally it'll be called "Prime Season 4" but be marketed as, I don't know, Energon Hunters. This kind of thing happens all the time.

Wait and see, and chill the fux out!
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

That's true and we've seen that often enough in Transformers. Like with BM and the UT. Even BW was kind of an extension of G1 so...

I was actually kinda hoping Prime was gonna do that for Animated, but by that point, Animated has too large a cast for going computer generated.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Transformers Prime already got Three different TF toy lines like AEC & BW,TM & BM got. The Three TF Prime toy lines are as follows: TF Prime First edition,TF Prime Rid,TF Prime Beast Hunters.

TF Prime has Two differently named cartoon series that exist in the same universe There called TF Prime & Beast Hunters like Beastwars & Beastmachines.

I highly doubt TFP/BH will get a 4th TF toy line in 2014,I highly doubt TFP/BH will get a 3rd cartoon series in 2014. Because the TFP toy sales were extremely low in 2012. The viewership ratings were lower compared to previous TF cartoons series. The TFP cartoon doesn't lend itself that great in re-runs,thanks to the 40%+ugly CGI designs,badly written episodes stories & not that interesting/awful personas.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I wouldn't be surprised if Beast Hunters were replaced with something akin to Beast Machines, or Energon, in relation to BW or Armada. In other words, "Beast Hunters" may end, but it could very well be replaced by a "new" show that has a different name, but functionally takes place in the same universe and continues the story of the preceeding series.
I dunno. 13 weekly episodes, assuming there are no reruns once they start, is 3 months of content. Unless Hasbro has something that is more or less done, (and they likely would have announced it by now), there is unlikely to be any new show between now and the ramp up for the movie in early to mid-2014.

"Animated" ended before movie 3, and has only been followed up on in sourcebooks and convention sets since. "Prime" is likely to go the same way, unless Hasbro stays more consistent with their "Aligned" setting than we can reasonably expect them to. Outside of the IDW comics, which are published consistently alongside the Bay movies, things do not seem to meaningfully carry over from between one movie to the next.

If course, Hasbro could suprise us and adhere to (the already fragmented) "Aligned" setting. But, this is very unlikely.

Dom
-still planning to pick up "Rage of the Dinobots" as a compilation.