So, uh... Prime's canceled after 13 more episodes.

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: So, uh... Prime's canceled after 13 more episodes.

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote:It might be. We dunno yet. The next thing could be a sequel, or be set in the same universe.

Did people do this kind of thing when Armada was over?
As much as I would like to see the TFP cartoon universe continue like AEC did. due to TFP being so serious & better in my book than 2008 Animated. I JUST THINK TFP'S UNIVERSE IS OVER WHEN SEASON 3 CLOSES THE CURTAIN.

Personally if Hasbro was smart,They'd create a newer Homage series for G-1,Like IDW did with the TF comics. As the classics/Generations toys have had strong sales minus a cartoon/movie to advertise them. JUST IMAGINE HOW MUCH HIGHER THE CLASSICS/GENERATIONS TOYS WILL SELL IN STORES WITH CARTOON SERIES TO ADVERTISE THEM.

SIDE NOTE: If Hasbro does create a newer IDW styled different G-1 type toy line/cartoon for 2014. My only wish is they rotate out the current MTMTE/1986 Core cast with different/other MTMTE/1986 core cast in the cartoon series like as follows:
1- Replace bulkhead with Ironhide.
2-Replace Arcee with Elita-1
3- replace the fast car-bot with Sunstreaker,sideswipe or tracks.
4- Replace Bumblebee with Hotrod
5- Keep optimus since he's the faction leader.
6-Replace Ratchet/the doctor/mechanic role with First aid or perceptor.

1-Replace starscream with Cyclonus or another one of his seeker team mates from 1984-1985.
2- replace soundwave with Shockwave.
3- muscle bot with no brains--- Scourge,blitzwing,astrotrain,
4- keep megatron,maybe upgrade him into galvatron so we get newer toy/media designs.
5- female bot role can be a fan favorite Nightbird.
6- Evil doctor can be a constructicon or Jhiaxus or straxus
7-Drone solidier can be Seacons like 1988 Masterforce's cartoon series had. might be cool to squeeze a piranaking gestalt into this deal.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

More fuel for the fire, showrunner Jeff Kline's words about the end of Beast Hunters and thus Prime:
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/tv/trans ... n-autobot/
Kline said the creative team is working on a new “Transformers” show that could go into production soon, but he was reluctant to reveal too many details. As for “Transformers Prime,” he believes viewers ultimately will feel as though the saga has reached an appropriate conclusion.

“I believe that at the end of episode 313, you will feel like this particular tale in the ‘Transformers’ mythology has been told,” Kline said. “Hopefully there will be some surprises, but you will be satisfied.”
Is that enough to sway you now, O6?
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Tigermegatron wrote: 1- Replace bulkhead with Ironhide.
2-Replace Arcee with Elita-1
3- replace the fast car-bot with Sunstreaker,sideswipe or tracks.
4- Replace Bumblebee with Hotrod
5- Keep optimus since he's the faction leader.
6-Replace Ratchet/the doctor/mechanic role with First aid or perceptor.

1-Replace starscream with Cyclonus or another one of his seeker team mates from 1984-1985.
2- replace soundwave with Shockwave.
3- muscle bot with no brains--- Scourge,blitzwing,astrotrain,
4- keep megatron,maybe upgrade him into galvatron so we get newer toy/media designs.
5- female bot role can be a fan favorite Nightbird.
6- Evil doctor can be a constructicon or Jhiaxus or straxus
7-Drone solidier can be Seacons like 1988 Masterforce's cartoon series had. might be cool to squeeze a piranaking gestalt into this deal.
Y'know, we are allowed to have more than one female character per faction. ...Maybe. I didn't watch Prime, so for all I know we haven't come very far since the days of Arcee. I'm wary, for sure.

I do get where Tigs is coming from though, and would quite like to see some of the later G1 characters who are becoming more recognisable (especially Scourge and Cyclonus) receive modern updates.

Scourge =/= Brainless muscle, though

Hell, don't even *have* a "brainless muscle" character, AIM HIGHER
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Gomess wrote: Scourge =/= Brainless muscle, though,Hell, don't even *have* a "brainless muscle" character, AIM HIGHER
It just seems like Every TF cartoon from G-1 thru TFP has had big brute muscle guys with very little intelligence. most of the it doesn't matter which character gets this role,as long as he's big & not that smart. For the most part every TF cartoon series has one or two on each faction side.

A few examples below: (Special note I'm basing all this below off of the cartoon series personas,not the toy nor comic personas.)

1- 2008 Animated,the role of the big dumb guys with very little intelligence for the Decepticons were Lugnuts,for the autobots it was bulkhead. Blitzwing even though he was also big & dumb he would also count as psycho/crazy & hot head,giving him more persona/purpose.

2 TF Prime's cartoon had a few big dumb muscles guys,for the Decpticons it was Breakdown,The Vehicons drones & the insecticons drones. for the autobots,the big brute with low Intelligence was Bulkhead.

3- Armada's cartoon had a few big dumb decepticons such as Cyclonus & Demolisher,

4- Energon's cartoon big dumb decepticon was Snowcat,after armada & thru his refomat he got worse & went insane. for the autobots the big brute with very little brains was Ironhide.

5- Cybertron had some big dumb muscle guys on each faction side,for the decepticons just to name a few their was Crumblezone,mudflap,Menasor. for the autobots the big muscle guys with low intelligence were Leobreaker.

6- G-1 season 3/1986,muscle guys with low intelligence for the decepticons it was Scourge. the muscle robots with little intelligence for the autobots it was Broadside.

7 Beastwars,the big muscle guys with low intelligence on the bad guys side just to name a few was Inferno.

8- and the list goes on & on. point is every TF cartoon series from G-1 thru TFP/BH has the big dumb muscle guy robots roles that can easily be filled by numerous big dumb muscle guys. nothing special about these guys,they are easily swapped out for others who can fill similar roles.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Every show has these broadly-drawn character archetypes. Over time, hopefully the writers will deepen them beyond that initial archetype.

I'm just amused that Animated and Prime have almost the exact same roster of characters, even if they are different versions. Prime, Bumbleebee, Bulkhead, Ratchet, and motorcyle bot (Prowl/Arcee).
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

It's almost as if there was no point replacing Animated with Prime...
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Gomess wrote:It's almost as if there was no point replacing Animated with Prime...
A lot of us feel that way.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Shockwave wrote:
Gomess wrote:It's almost as if there was no point replacing Animated with Prime...
A lot of us feel that way.

Animated was partially owned by CN, and used a lot of their resources. Prime isn't. That's the reason.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

andersonh1 wrote:Every show has these broadly-drawn character archetypes. Over time, hopefully the writers will deepen them beyond that initial archetype.

I'm just amused that Animated and Prime have almost the exact same roster of characters, even if they are different versions. Prime, Bumbleebee, Bulkhead, Ratchet, and motorcyle bot (Prowl/Arcee).
I've been calling Prime,Animated G-2 for years.

It seems like Hasbro really wanted that 4th season of animated,when CN didn't want it. Hasbro just put all those un-used animated ideas & put them in the TF Prime cartoon/toy line.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Not really? The two shows are barely related. The casts are similar, but the plots? Hell no. And what we do know of the fourth season of Animated, it doesn't match up to Prime, like, at all.

If Hasbro wanted that fourth season, they would have made it with CN. They're the ones who decided to cancel the show and get it off CN.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.