are u exited for the "Abominus" Beast hunters legion-Class g

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

are u exited for the "Abominus" Beast hunters legion-Class g

Post by BWprowl »

We got a thing!

I already thought Twinstrike/Sinnertwin looked like a neat enough little toy, but now we find out that he was actually meant to be part of a whole team of remade Legion-class Terrorcons the whole time? Well played, Hasbro. This looks like it'll be a fun little collection of dudes, and the memory of ROTF Legends Devastator is still fresh enough to know that Combiners at this scale are something that can be done well.

The debate about what the hell Blot (now Blight) turns into, renewed for a new generation!
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: are u exited for the "Abominus" Beast hunters legion-Cla

Post by Onslaught Six »

If this is between $20-30, I'll probably pick it up.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I am cautiously optimistic. What exactly do they mean by "existing tooling" and "new character designs" though? Are these moulds that I should recognize?
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Dominic wrote:I am cautiously optimistic. What exactly do they mean by "existing tooling" and "new character designs" though? Are these moulds that I should recognize?
The impression I'm getting is that the individual molds will be available single-packed (Twinstrike was already solicited on his own ages ago), and will, theoretically, still be able to combine if you find/buy them all. What's being solicited here specifically is a 5-pack of all of them together that'll be available at Target, apparently with colors that are different somehow.

'New Character Designs' I would presume just refers to the fact that these are new designs for the Terrorcons; newer, moderner, more Beast-Hunters-er.

Would not be opposed to them repainting these up in Monstructor colors, by the way!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I saw this news earlier today & I got so excited. I love combiners. 5 Legion sized TF toys that combine into a combiner should at the very least create a Voyager or dare I dream a $27 USA ultra sized gestalt combiner.

I'm most excited that Hasbro/Takara is finally creating a combiner team from the 1980's that we've never seen before. I was getting a bit sick & tired of Hasbro/Takara releasing the same group of new mold combiners teams.

I have a question,Is the Legion size,the new assortment name for the Legends sized TF toys. I'm guessing LEGION is the new assortment name size for Legends sized toys. I ask this question because I recall Hasbro releasing Two different assortment names for the TF Prime Basic sized toys in 2012,I think Hasbro released more complicated/more detailed Commanders & less detailed/less complicated basics.

Ofcause I would have preferred the 5 TFP Terrorcons be deluxe sized like the FOC Combaticons. or at the very least make Hun-gurr deluxe size & the other 4 terrorcons commander/basic size. GEEZ,AT THE VERY LEAST HASBRO SHOULD HAVE MADE THE 5 TFP TERRORCONS COMMANDER/BASIC SIZED.

At this point,I'd settle for something rather than nothing. I'll probably be buying the Target store exclusive gift set for TFP Abonimus. because I like my combiners in one singular big gift set box. I'm simply not a fan of buying individual packages for my combiner team members toys.

I might buy the individual packed legion sized terrorcons,open them up & use this as a display piece on a shelf. while I buy the target gidt set to keep sealed in box. According to the top 5 TF web sites,the target abonimus is getting released this fall. since twinstrike is already released in retail stores in canada,my guess is all 5 terrocons will get released before april/may.

Dare I dream Hasbro also releases the TFP 2013 terrorcons in the deluxe size. Sometimes Hasbro releases TF toys in various sizes,the legends/legion sized TF toys often get a bigger toy size. YEAH I KNOW THIS DREAM OF ALSO DELUXE SIZED TFP TERRORCONS WON'T HAPPEN.

I'm a bit upset at Hasbro because they create decent/beautiful toys,BUT EVERYTHING GETS RUINED BY HASBRO DOWN SIZING EVERYTHING INTO BASICS,LEGIONS & DELUXES.HAVING COMBINERS BE SUPER TINY IS JUST AWFUL. EXAMPLE: THOSE PCC COMBINERS WOOULD HAVE BEEN AWESOME HAD THE CORE BOT BEEN DELUXE SIZE & THE 4 LIMBS BEEN BASICS & TRANSFORMED INTO BASIC SIZED ROBOT MODES. Hasbro cutting corners,down sizing TF toys & being cheap is just horrible.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Any idea when this is supposed to be out?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

BWprowl wrote:'New Character Designs' I would presume just refers to the fact that these are new designs for the Terrorcons; newer, moderner, more Beast-Hunters-er.
Maybe. It also says "existing tooling," though, which makes me wonder if a lot of these guys are planned to be released in different colours, under different names.
Shockwave wrote:Any idea when this is supposed to be out?
Bottom of it says Fall 2013. I missed it first time, too.

Toyfair's this weekend. Light 'em up and get ready for the show.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote: Toyfair's this weekend. Light 'em up and get ready for the show.
Is Hasbro's NYC toy fair this weekend? this seems kinda a week early. I had speculated based off previous Hasbro NYC years,that it took place next weekend.

I'm pretty sure the NYC Hasbro toy fair is not this weekend because the top 5 TF fan sites with forums would be advertisting it & buzzing about it this week. It's gotta be next weekend.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

http://investor.hasbro.com/releasedetai ... eID=736475

"PAWTUCKET, R.I.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) today announced it will webcast presentations from its annual Investor Event at Toy Fair on Friday, February 8, 2013 beginning at 8:00 AM eastern time. "

That'd be this weekend.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote:http://investor.hasbro.com/releasedetai ... eID=736475

"PAWTUCKET, R.I.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) today announced it will webcast presentations from its annual Investor Event at Toy Fair on Friday, February 8, 2013 beginning at 8:00 AM eastern time. "

That'd be this weekend.
I'm hoping this is true,As I'd love to see the newer TF 2013 toys this weekend.