Spoiler for Airachnid's fate at the end of TFP season 2.

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Spoiler for Airachnid's fate at the end of TFP season 2.

Post by Tigermegatron »

Spoiler
Last we saw Airachnid,She was in statis lock inside a insecticon container inside the autobot base. I guess when megatron Destroyed the Autobot base in the last episode of the TFP season 2 cartoon. Airachnid got destroyed in the huge base destruction. Any chance of seeing this character return is next to impossible. It would be kinda cool if a autobot took her with him/her when then went thru the space bridge at the near end of the episode of TFP season 2. I would have liked to see a love relationship blossom between Airachnid & Smokescreen. As smokescreen seemed fascinated by her when he saw her in statis lock in that room episodes earlier when he first joined the autobots.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: Spoiler for Airachnid's fate at the end of TFP season 2.

Post by Sparky Prime »

Spoiler
I think Airachnid could have survived the destruction of the Autobot base. After all, we see Optimus' hand amid the rubble to indicate he somehow survived, albeit he's likely badly damaged. I'd even guess that the stasis pod Airachnid is in could have protected her from the explosion.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I suspect
Spoiler
she survived. Whether she's free from the pod or not
is the question I have.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Spoiler
I suspect the TFP Writers & TF Characters won't even addresss the subject of Airachnid. Because the writers wrote airachnid out of the series,so why bother explaining if she survived the season 2 last episode autobot base explosion.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Tigermegatron wrote:
Spoiler
I suspect the TFP Writers & TF Characters won't even addresss the subject of Airachnid. Because the writers wrote airachnid out of the series,so why bother explaining if she survived the season 2 last episode autobot base explosion.
I hope you're right. Airachnid sucks.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Since the title of the thread does say spoilers, I'd say we can dispense with the spoiler tags now.

The writers seem to follow up on old plot threads and characters fairly well, so I feel confident that Airachnid's fate will be revealed, whether she died in the blast or not. I suspect not, as I said. If they were going to just kill her off, they could have already done that, but they kept the character around. Starscream even notices her when he's stealing the Omega keys, many episodes down the line from when she was put in the pod, so the writers haven't forgotten about her.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Yeah, the writers made it a point to show she was still in the stasis pod in "New Recruit" as well as in "Inside Job" towards the end of the season, which was quite a few episodes after we'd last seen her. So they definitely wanted to remind us she was still there and show that they hadn't forgotten about her. If they wanted to just write her off, they didn't have to do that. Makes me think they still have something in mind for the character.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Spoiler
The mountain base was blown apart to the atoms by the nemesis ship,I doubt the Statis pod with airachnid inside it would have survived & been intact.

I'm kinda hoping Smokescreen is in love with Airachnid & took her with him when he went thru the ground bridge before the base got destroyed. this would make for a interesting love story,it would be cool to see airachnid's reaction to find out she was saved by a autobot who has a chrush/love interest on her. it would be interesting to see how he & she treats each other after the rescue experince. I'm kinda hoping airachnid becomes good,joins the autobots & falls in love with smokescreen. Sorta a BW blackarachnia & silverbolt homage relationship. minus the corny dialogue silverbolt used in beastwars to express his love for BA.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:
Spoiler
The mountain base was blown apart to the atoms by the nemesis ship,I doubt the Statis pod with airachnid inside it would have survived & been intact.

Optimus' arm was buried amid the rubble as an indicator he survived, and he was unshielded from the blast. Why couldn't the stasis pod Airachnid was in have survived as well? Or at least protected her from the blast? And the base was originally a missile silo, so for all we know the level the Autobots were using to store the relics and Airachnid could have been more shielded than the rest of the base.
Spoiler
I'm kinda hoping Smokescreen is in love with Airachnid & took her with him when he went thru the ground bridge before the base got destroyed.
We saw Smokescreen go through the space bridge when he left the base... He didn't take anything with him.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Tigermegatron wrote:
Spoiler

I'm kinda hoping Smokescreen is in love with Airachnid & took her with him when he went thru the ground bridge before the base got destroyed. this would make for a interesting love story,it would be cool to see airachnid's reaction to find out she was saved by a autobot who has a chrush/love interest on her. it would be interesting to see how he & she treats each other after the rescue experince. I'm kinda hoping airachnid becomes good,joins the autobots & falls in love with smokescreen. Sorta a BW blackarachnia & silverbolt homage relationship. minus the corny dialogue silverbolt used in beastwars to express his love for BA.
No. just... no. This is one of the worst fanfic driven ideas I've heard and would just relegate Prime to the level of unwatchable.