Beast Hunters toy pics

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Beast Hunters toy pics

Post by Onslaught Six »

Sparky's right. Dead End isn't in the cartoon, for example. So far, Ultra Magnus and Kup and Rumble aren't there either.

Hasbro might be using the cartoon to sell the toys, true, but if a character like Bumblebee is on the show, it doesn't matter what kind of toy he has out, somebody is going to buy it based on the fact that It's Bumblebee. Your argument is along the lines of, "Of course Hasbro would make the FOC Bruticus toy game accurate. The game exists solely to promote the toys, right?"
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote:Sparky's right. Dead End isn't in the cartoon, for example. So far, Ultra Magnus and Kup and Rumble aren't there either.

Hasbro might be using the cartoon to sell the toys, true, but if a character like Bumblebee is on the show, it doesn't matter what kind of toy he has out, somebody is going to buy it based on the fact that It's Bumblebee. Your argument is along the lines of, "Of course Hasbro would make the FOC Bruticus toy game accurate. The game exists solely to promote the toys, right?"
Aside from the fan boy theories & ego trips........................

To assume/Think TFP season 3 won't have any Predacons or autobots dressed up in extra gear+accessories is just ill informed. As all available official sources confirm it.

Facts are facts,since 1984 Thru 2012,Hasbro creates newer TF cartoon seasons & always adds newer toy characters in them. Obviously their will always be non-show/non/movie toy characters but we always get newer toys put into a newer TF cartoon season/movie.

Ultra Magnus will be getting a 2013 Beasthunters $29.99 Weaponizers toy. So with such a big toy his chances of being in TFP season 3 cartoon increase greatly. The bigger toys like supreme,leader & ultra's have a guaranteed spot in the cartoons compared to other toy sizes,it's been this way from 1984 thru 2012.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Ultra Magnus will be getting a 2013 Beasthunters $29.99 Weaponizers toy.
First I've heard of it.
To assume/Think TFP season 3 won't have any Predacons or autobots dressed up in extra gear+accessories is just ill informed. As all available official sources confirm it.
Hey, right now, it's not safe to assume anything. When Season 3 happens, it'll happen, but as it is, I don't think we're going to see a spiky Wheeljack in it.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:To assume/Think TFP season 3 won't have any Predacons or autobots dressed up in extra gear+accessories is just ill informed. As all available official sources confirm it.
Hasbro's toy packaging might be official, that doesn't mean the stories they put on the packaging actually follow the cartoon. I mean if you read the early Beast Wars packaging, for an example, it talks about some of the Maximals and Predacons roaming around modern day cities of the present Earth, not a prehistoric Earth like the cartoon's actual setting. Many of the toys never appeared in that cartoon either despite what some of their bios say that involves them with events from the show. The "beast-armor" versions of the characters could very well just be a gimmick Hasbro cooked up to refresh the main cast for the Beast Hunters portion of the Prime line. It's actually pretty common for Hasbro make remolds or repaints and a few new molds just for the purpose of filling out a toyline.

The only thing confirmed for the cartoon itself was a teaser showing a dragon. So we can assume at least one Predacon will be in it. But really, nothing else has been officially said about season 3 of the cartoon. We can't take the word of the toy packaging.
The bigger toys like supreme,leader & ultra's have a guaranteed spot in the cartoons compared to other toy sizes,it's been this way from 1984 thru 2012.
That's not really true. Off the top of my head I can think of several repaints from Cybertron and Animated that weren't in the cartoon series. Granted a repaint isn't quite the same thing as a whole new figure, but it does show Hasbro's willingness to put bigger toys on shelves even if they never actually appear (in that form) on the show. The movie lines does the same thing, even with brand new molds that never appears in the movies. With how small the cartoon has been keeping the cast of Prime, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Hasbro only makes some of these toys as a means to supplement the toyline.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

It seems like 06,Sparky & others here don't want beasthunters toys in the TF Prime season 3 because they all appear to be show completist. meaning they force themselves to buy every single TF toy that has appeared in the TF cartoons/movies.

I refuse to be a show/movie character TF toy buying completist. I refuse to buy garbage & stuff I hate just because it got a really decent persona or appeared in the cartoon/movie. I only buy the TF toys I like in my preferred designs.

I'm curious do you guys even bother to do back research. If you had,you would have noticed from 1984 thru 2012 every single newer TF cartoon season ALWAYS GETS NEWER TOY CHRACTERS IN THEM.

Beastwars & Beastmachines were the exceptions due to the CGI cost being so high in money cost back then. Things have changed & CGI cost are more affordable & their able to create more CGI models on a time frame compared to 16 years ago.

These types of Fan wank debates are pointless & are always on the level of trolling. 9 out of 10 times Theirs always a guy or a bunch of guys that team up on one guy & troll his opinion. most do it to get a rise or frustrate the guy. Most agree with the guy but make believe to disagree just to troll/ruin a thread.

These types of Fan to fan debates are pointless because when D day (official sources confirm the info being discussed) comes,those who were wrong never step forward & humbly admit it. most keep quiet or make up non-sense excuses.
Last edited by Tigermegatron on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Sparky Prime wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:To assume/Think TFP season 3 won't have any Predacons or autobots dressed up in extra gear+accessories is just ill informed. As all available official sources confirm it.
Hasbro's toy packaging might be official, that doesn't mean the stories they put on the packaging actually follow the cartoon. I mean if you read the early Beast Wars packaging, for an example, it talks about some of the Maximals and Predacons roaming around modern day cities of the present Earth, not a prehistoric Earth like the cartoon's actual setting. Many of the toys never appeared in that cartoon either despite what some of their bios say that involves them with events from the show. The "beast-armor" versions of the characters could very well just be a gimmick Hasbro cooked up to refresh the main cast for the Beast Hunters portion of the Prime line. It's actually pretty common for Hasbro make remolds or repaints and a few new molds just for the purpose of filling out a toyline.

The only thing confirmed for the cartoon itself was a teaser showing a dragon. So we can assume at least one Predacon will be in it. But really, nothing else has been officially said about season 3 of the cartoon. We can't take the word of the toy packaging.
The bigger toys like supreme,leader & ultra's have a guaranteed spot in the cartoons compared to other toy sizes,it's been this way from 1984 thru 2012.
That's not really true. Off the top of my head I can think of several repaints from Cybertron and Animated that weren't in the cartoon series. Granted a repaint isn't quite the same thing as a whole new figure, but it does show Hasbro's willingness to put bigger toys on shelves even if they never actually appear (in that form) on the show. The movie lines does the same thing, even with brand new molds that never appears in the movies. With how small the cartoon has been keeping the cast of Prime, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Hasbro only makes some of these toys as a means to supplement the toyline.
1- Season 3 of TF Prime has a sub label called "beast hunters". This is a clear indication theirs gonna be a ton of beast for the autobots to hunt. the autobots are gonna get new weapons & armor gear to combat/hunt the beast.

1a- To assume their's only gonna be one beast to hunt is just naieve/silly. especially since most know Hasbro is creating 5+ other beast/predacons toys in 2013. To assume the autobots in season 3 won't use the armor gear & new weapons from the TFP 2013 Beasthunters toys is just stupid/ill informed/no back research.

1b-I highly doubt 6+ autobots need to gear up & go extreme weapons just for one beast to hunt. Theirs gonna be a few preadons beast to fight in season 3 of TFP/Beasthunters not just one beast. Hasbro creates cratoons to advertise/sell toys. in 2013 Hasbro needs a cartoon to sell the 5+newer molds predacons beasthunters toys.

2- I guess you can't win this debate so you've resorted to cheating by adding in repaints & trying to put words in my mouth like you've done on more than one occassion here.

2a- I was referring to NEW MOLDS NOT REPAINTS. Hasbro has a super high track record for the TF toy lines supported by a cartoon/movie of creating bigger toys like supremes,leaders & Ultra's & putting them all in the media cartoons/movies.

2c- In 2013 Ultra Magnus is getting a $29.99 weaponizers toy for the Beasthunters/Prime toy line. given the 2A example I provided below. The chances of $29.99 Weaponizers ultra Magnus appearing in season 3 of TF Prime/Beasthunters cartoon is extremly high & guaranteed knowing & studying all past examples.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

The SADDEST part about the 2013 Beasthunters toy hating/crying in this thread. IS LAST YEAR EVERYONE HERE & ELSE WHERE WAS CRYING/HATING BY SAYING THE TFP 2012 TOY WERE TOO SMALL,LIGHT & SLIM IN THEIR SIZE CLASSES.

Hasbro in 2013 creates bigger,bulkier,heavier TF toys for TFP in 2013 & ODDLY ENOUGH EVERYONE HERE/ELSEWHERE CRIES THE TOYS ARE TOO BULKY/BIG IN THEIR SIZE CLASSES.

I GUESS MOST ON-LINE TF FANS ARE NEVER HAPPY & TAKE PLEASURE IN CONSTANT COMPLAINING.

Then some/most wonder why Hasbro doesn't visit the fan message boards anymore,makes limited/no appearances at fan conventions,reveals newer stuff to the public as late as possible. the replies in this thread & elsewhere are perfect examples why.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:It seems like 06,Sparky & others here don't want beasthunters toys in the TF Prime season 3 because they all appear to be show completist. meaning they force themselves to buy every single TF toy that has appeared in the TF cartoons/movies.
Where are you getting that idea from? I have never been a show completeist. In fact, I have plenty of figures that didn't appear in any cartoon or movie, and skipped plenty of figures that were. And what would it matter if I was? It really wouldn't change anything.
I'm curious do you guys even bother to do back research.
My previous post I have examples from Beast Wars, Cybertron and Animated to support what we've been saying... You completely skipped over the example from Beast Wars with out even acknowledging it, and side stepped what I said about the Cybertron and Animated toys. And the last time you accused us of not doing back research, we'd already provided links to sources that had proved what we'd been saying was accurate. I'm not sure why you can't seem to accept that we have done our home work and know what we're talking about. While, I'd point out, you flat out refused to provide any source that backed up the claim you were making.
If you had,you would have noticed from 1984 thru 2012 every single newer TF cartoon season ALWAYS GETS NEWER TOY CHRACTERS IN THEM.
No one said they wouldn't be introducing new characters for the third season. In fact, in my last post I agreed we've seen a teaser showing at least one Predacon (so far). The point was that the beast armored versions of Prime characters might just be a toyline thing. We don't know what will be in the cartoon until it is or isn't actually confirmed for the cartoon itself. Not everything they make a toy of or print on the toys packaging is in the shows. We've seen Hasbro do that many times before, as we've already pointed out. And the Prime cartoon hasn't been so great with expanding its cast very much.
Beastwars & Beastmachines were the exceptions due to the CGI cost being so high in money cost back then. Things have changed & CGI cost are more affordable & their able to create more CGI models on a time frame compared to 16 years ago.
Over the course of the first 2 seasons of Beast Wars they introduced 3 Maximals, 4 Predacons and came up with completely new animation models for 5 existing characters, plus even used some basic robot models for the few scenes we saw pre-beast modes, battle damage to character models, some G1 Autobots and Decepticons.... They actually had a lot more to it compared to what Prime has done so far.
These types of Fan wank debates are pointless & are always on the level of trolling. 9 out of 10 times Theirs always a guy or a bunch of guys that team up on one guy & troll his opinion. most do it to get a rise or frustrate the guy. Most agree with the guy but make believe to disagree just to troll/ruin a thread.
Why does it seem like whenever someone disagrees with you, you call it trolling? Having a difference of opinion is not trolling.

Now saying something like someone is ill-informed doesn't do their research while blatantly ignoring that they just posted evidence to the contrary... That's troll-like behavior.
1- Season 3 of TF Prime has a sub label called "beast hunters". This is a clear indication theirs gonna be a ton of beast for the autobots to hunt. the autobots are gonna get new weapons & armor gear to combat/hunt the beast.
Beasts, yes. No one has denied that. Beast armor? That hasn't been confirmed for the cartoon itself, one way or another.
1a- To assume their's only gonna be one beast to hunt is just naieve/silly. especially since most know Hasbro is creating 5+ other beast/predacons toys in 2013. To assume the autobots in season 3 won't use the armor gear & new weapons from the TFP 2013 Beasthunters toys is just stupid/ill informed/no back research.
I'm not assuming there will only be one Predacon. I said one has been confirmed for the cartoon from a teaser so far. That's not to say there wont be more in the show. All I meant when I pointed out the teaser is to wait until the cartoon actually confirms it, rather than just assume the toyline is right, considering the toys are not always accurate to the events in the media. To assume just because the toyline does something that it will be in the cartoon, that would be ill informed and lacks back research. As I've already pointed out with Beast Wars, sometimes the characters and stories Hasbro puts on the packaging is very different from what the cartoon does.
1b-I highly doubt 6+ autobots need to gear up & go extreme weapons just for one beast to hunt.
Then why would it matter for more than one? For that matter, why would the Decepticons need beast armor if the Predacons are on their side? Also, despite the name being Beast Hunters, I doubt the Autobots will actually need to "hunt" them down... They will likely be just like any other troops under Megatron's command, only more beasty.
2- I guess you can't win this debate so you've resorted to cheating by adding in repaints & trying to put words in my mouth like you've done on more than one occassion here.
How is it cheating or putting word in your mouth? You claimed larger toys were guaranteed to be in the show, you never specified repaints or not. I was just pointing out that isn't really true because, as those repaints goes to show, just because there is a toy of it doesn't mean it will be in the cartoon, regardless of the size class. Besides, I did note in that same post that being a repaint is a little different considering they aren't new molds. But you want some examples of some non-repaints? Fine, I've thought of a few of those now. How about Magnaboss and Tripredacus from Beast Wars? Or Skyhammer from DOTM? Stratosphere and Mindwipe from ROTF? Incinerator from the first movie line? Or you could even make an argument for the entire Classics/Generations line which doesn't even have a show or movie to accompany it. You want to keep side stepping the point?

And who is really putting words in others mouth? You seem to be under the impression we said there wouldn't be any new characters in season 3 of Prime when what was actually said is that the beast armor doesn't seem like something that would be in the show. As support, we pointed out not every toy and storyline Hasbro comes up with is reflected by the shows. I said the only thing the cartoon has confirmed so far was a teaser that showed a dragon and that we should wait for them to confirm more rather than rely on the toyline. You took that to mean I was saying only one Predacon would be in in the show. For the record, I do think there will be more Predacons than that in the show but we don't exactly have any more details from the cartoon itself right now do we? And I have no clue where you got the idea anyone here are show completeists. I can't help but notice you completely ignored the point I made about the early Beast Wars packaging not matching up at all to the setting of the cartoon. And then you claim we don't do back research? I don't know what topic you're reading, but you're clearly misinterpreting what we're saying here and then accusing us of things that simply is not true.
2a- I was referring to NEW MOLDS NOT REPAINTS. Hasbro has a super high track record for the TF toy lines supported by a cartoon/movie of creating bigger toys like supremes,leaders & Ultra's & putting them all in the media cartoons/movies.
Again, you weren't that specific earlier. Besides, there are new molds within those size class that aren't in shows/movies, as I pointed out above. Not to mention, a common trend Hasbro has been doing a lot of lately is making the same characters at difference size classes or with different gimmicks. Particularly with core characters. The toys are not necessarily something reflected in the media of the line but more often today is simply because of the popularity of a character or as with the case with these smaller casts, a way to fill the line with more figures.
2c- In 2013 Ultra Magnus is getting a $29.99 weaponizers toy for the Beasthunters/Prime toy line. given the 2A example I provided below. The chances of $29.99 Weaponizers ultra Magnus appearing in season 3 of TF Prime/Beasthunters cartoon is extremly high & guaranteed knowing & studying all past examples.
Considering Ultra Magnus sorta already showed up in the show, (in "Orion Pax part 2", when Orion is trying to decode the Decepticon files on Optimus Prime), I would not be surprised if Ultra Magnus does show up in season 3. But that's because we've already seen a hint that the animators worked on creating an animation model for the character, not simply because Hasbro is also making a weaponizer version.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Sparky Prime,All your fandom theories & Clever back handed insults/flame baiting reminds me of that movie called "Dinner for Schmucks", http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427152/ where the guys who get invited to the dinner think their super smart because most of them know useless fan wank theories that consist of comics/toys/mystical knowledge.

Because,I can more than guarantee your fan theories will all be proven wrong for TFP Season 3/Beasthunters cartoon.

The TFP/Beasthunters Season 3 cartoon in 2013 will have a bunch of Predacons in it. season 3,Their will be Autobots dressed up in new armor gear & get newer weapons/accessories. Ultra Magnus stands a great chance of being in season 3 due to him getting a bigger sized $29.99 Weaponizers toy.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:Sparky Prime,All your fandom theories & Clever back handed insults/flame baiting reminds me of that movie called "Dinner for Schmucks", http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427152/ where the guys who get invited to the dinner think their super smart because most of them know useless fan wank theories that consist of comics/toys/mystical knowledge.
What fandom theories? The only thing confirmed for the show itself, so far, is a teaser that there will be beasts in season 3 and I'm telling you things we've SEEN BEFORE that Hasbro has done to support my argument; that simply because Hasbro uses cartoons to sell toys, not every toy or story they print on the packaging is in the cartoon. Those are the facts we have right now, which you somehow keep misunderstanding. While you've claimed "available official sources confirm it" without, once again, providing what exactly those sources are beyond some assumptions you've made from the toy line.

I haven't seen "Dinner For Schmucks" personally, but I remember from the trailers that the plot isn't that the guests know useless trivia, rather, it's about wealthy people inviting dimwitted people to a dinner just to make fun of them. Literally, it's a dinner for idiots. And you're trying to accuse me of back handed insults/flame baiting? Wow. I've only pointed out the insults and crap you've thrown at us, like this seems to be intended as. I haven't insulted or flame baited you at all.
Because,I can more than guarantee your fan theories will all be proven wrong for TFP Season 3/Beasthunters cartoon.
Again, I haven't given any fan theories to be proven wrong... I've been saying wait for the cartoon to confirm if some of these toys (particularly, the beast armor versions of characters) will actually be in the show or not, because there just being a toy or packaging thing does not guarantee it for the cartoon.

Let me put it another way. Remember Oil Slick from Animated? The creators of that cartoon said at Botcon 2008 that they didn't even know that toy design existed until Hasbro revealed it to the public. Hasbro didn't intend for him to be in the show at all, but the shows creators later worked Oil Slick into it after they found out it existed anyway.