Beast Hunters toy pics

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Beast Hunters toy pics

Post by Onslaught Six »

Let me put it another way. Remember Oil Slick from Animated? The creators of that cartoon said at Botcon 2008 that they didn't even know that toy design existed until Hasbro revealed it to the public. Hasbro didn't intend for him to be in the show at all, but the shows creators later worked Oil Slick into it after they found out it existed anyway.
It actually wasn't just that Oil Slick existed that got him a cameo in the show, but the fact that his design was so cool.

Also, I'm not a "show completist" and never have been, especially for Prime. I just thought about it and I've bought all of THREE Prime toys, ever: Deluxe Soundwave, Cyberverse Skyquake and Cyberverse Magnus. (There might be some other Cyberverse guys I'm forgetting, too.)

Look, Deathy--if Season 3 premieres, and the Autobots all get spikey armour in the first episode (or three), then I will gladly admit that I was wrong. Until then, let's just wait and see, hm?
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Onslaught Six wrote:It actually wasn't just that Oil Slick existed that got him a cameo in the show, but the fact that his design was so cool.
Well yeah, that too.
Gustavo
Minibot

Post by Gustavo »

Onslaught Six wrote:
Let me put it another way. Remember Oil Slick from Animated? The creators of that cartoon said at Botcon 2008 that they didn't even know that toy design existed until Hasbro revealed it to the public. Hasbro didn't intend for him to be in the show at all, but the shows creators later worked Oil Slick into it after they found out it existed anyway.
It actually wasn't just that Oil Slick existed that got him a cameo in the show, but the fact that his design was so cool.

Also, I'm not a "show completist" and never have been, especially for Prime. I just thought about it and I've bought all of THREE Prime toys, ever: Deluxe Soundwave, Cyberverse Skyquake and Cyberverse Magnus. (There might be some other Cyberverse guys I'm forgetting, too.)
Pick up Wheeljack (or Dead End) and Rumble if you see them. They are great toys. The rest of the line, various levels of mediocre (and some bad).
I'm not wearing any pants.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Gustavo wrote:
Onslaught Six wrote:

Pick up Wheeljack (or Dead End) and Rumble if you see them. They are great toys. The rest of the line, various levels of mediocre (and some bad).
I hate the smaller TF toys like legends,basics & deluxes,I view them all for younger kids & toddlers friendly intented purchases.

I love the bigger Sized TF toys from voyagers,ultra's,Weaponizers,$29.99 HA & Leader sized TF toys. I view these as intended more for older kids in their teens & adults. Very rarely do I buy a deluxe TF toy,mainly for the classics/generations toy lines. sometimes I'll buy 1 or 2 deluxes from a main TF line but it's gotta be a damn original design or spectaculat top notch design.

For the TF Prime toy line,I can recommend the follwing toys: Weaponizers $29.99 Optimus Prime,Voyager Ultra Magnus,Voyager dreadwing/skyquake. Dekluxe Airachnid,Deluxe TFP Ride Vechicon.
JamesInAComa
Protoform

Post by JamesInAComa »

Tigermegatron wrote:I hate the smaller TF toys like legends,basics & deluxes,I view them all for younger kids & toddlers friendly intented purchases.
I agree. I'm a large man with large hands. The small toys made for boys are just too small for large man-hands.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I'm a 6' sasquatch and I have no trouble with smaller figures. In fact, some of my fave toys are legends class. WST was amazing and the recent GDO legends have a lot of ingenuity for being such small figures.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Shockwave wrote:I'm a 6' sasquatch and I have no trouble with smaller figures. In fact, some of my fave toys are legends class. WST was amazing and the recent GDO legends have a lot of ingenuity for being such small figures.
The main problems I have with super tiny TF toys. Is they are very unstable in any robot poses on display shelves. Secondary problem is they look like ants on display shelves. Worst offenders are the Minicons in robot modes,these were simply not made to display on shelves.
Gustavo
Minibot

Post by Gustavo »

Tigermegatron wrote:The main problems I have with super tiny TF toys. Secondary problem is they look like ants on display shelves. Worst offenders are..
The worst offenders are BW Inferno and Scavenger. Despite their size, they look like ants on the shelves.
I'm not wearing any pants.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Gustavo wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:The main problems I have with super tiny TF toys. Secondary problem is they look like ants on display shelves. Worst offenders are..
The worst offenders are BW Inferno and Scavenger. Despite their size, they look like ants on the shelves.
:lol:
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

It is less the size of the individual toy and more a question of the size of the individual parts and the motor control needed to manipulate said parts. For example, Legends Bluestreak is a small figure, but it is easy enough to transform. In contrast, "Cybertron" Crosswise is a nightmare to transform, despite being a deluxe.

Dom
-kind of missing the Scout price point.