Ultra magnus,thundertron,ironhide won't be in TFP Season 3?

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Ultra magnus,thundertron,ironhide won't be in TFP Season 3?

Post by Tigermegatron »

Season 3 will wrap up the TF Prime cartoon series with the last 16 episodes.

I think at some point the TFP Toy line sales were doing so badly,it was decided to do beast hunters in 2013 to prevent the TFP toy line from doing worse in stores.

With just 16 episodes in season 3 & it introducing the beast & maybe dinobots. their just doesn't seem room for ultra magnus,kup,ironhide,rumble & thundertron.

it seemed like thundertron & his crew were going to be the stars in season 3. while ultra magnus,kup,ironhide were going to be the wreckers or elite guard. now it seems all this got cancelled for season 3 in favor of the beast hunters toys & cartoon plot.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Ultra magnus,thundertron,ironhide won't be in TFP Season

Post by Onslaught Six »

Magnus and Kup, etc. were never going to be on the show. They're toy-only characters. No big deal. Thundertron is in the books and, apparently, one of the MMORPGs.

Do we have official word that S3 will be the last one? I don't think it will be. Hasbro has put too much effort into building and promoting this world that they're not going to just insta-reboot the whole thing the way they did with ArmEnerTron, RID, and Animated.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

They actually did use an image of Ultra Magnus in the show already... When Optimus had lost his memory and Megatron was having him decode the Iacon database, Orion Pax investigated who Optimus Prime was and found an encrypted image that used the Ultra Magnus template. It would seem to indicate that they were working on the animation model for Ultra Magnus at the time at least. Of course that could have just been a nod to the fans as well but given how much they don't change animation models for anything in this show, I'd be surprised if they created that just for a nod. So who knows, he might appear in the show yet.

Ironhide and Kup were made just for the toyline though, based on the designs someone did for a video game I believe.

One of the writers for the show said they would be okay with season 3 being the final season of the series, and they will be writing it how they want it to end, but no word on if it will actually be the end of the series or not.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote:Magnus and Kup, etc. were never going to be on the show. They're toy-only characters. No big deal. Thundertron is in the books and, apparently, one of the MMORPGs.

Do we have official word that S3 will be the last one? I don't think it will be. Hasbro has put too much effort into building and promoting this world that they're not going to just insta-reboot the whole thing the way they did with ArmEnerTron, RID, and Animated.
2013 will be the last cartoon season/toy line for "TF Prime,"only 16 episodes.

Every time a TF live action movie year (2014) happens,everything else TF gets cancelled,it's been this way for the 2007,ROTF & DOTM movies & it will be the same way for the TF4 movie.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:2013 will be the last cartoon season/toy line for "TF Prime,"only 16 episodes.
Where have you seen that reported? The most I've seen is one of the writers saying they wouldn't mind if the 3rd season was the last, but no confirmation on if it will be or not.
Every time a TF live action movie year (2014) happens,everything else TF gets cancelled,it's been this way for the 2007,ROTF & DOTM movies & it will be the same way for the TF4 movie.
Um... That's not really accurate. Animated began in 2007, the same year as the release of the first movie and ran for 3 seasons, which happened to be when ROTF came out in 2009. And then Prime began in 2011, when DOTM came out.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Sparky Prime wrote: Where have you seen that reported? The most I've seen is one of the writers saying they wouldn't mind if the 3rd season was the last, but no confirmation on if it will be or not..
TFP season 3 being only 16 episodes & the last season,Is all over the internet on the top 5 TF web sites. various official sources had interview Q & A's with the TFP show creators & hasbro.

finding the links is not something that I enjoy doing,as the top 5 TF web sites can be a royal pain sifting thru stuff that is weeks old news. please do the research yourself.
Um... That's not really accurate. Animated began in 2007, the same year as the release of the first movie and ran for 3 seasons, which happened to be when ROTF came out in 2009. And then Prime began in 2011, when DOTM came out.[/quote]

When ever their is a TF live movie year,the previous year TF toy line supported by a cartoon series wraps up & ends before the new TF movie year starts. animated wrapped up & ended before the 2009 ROTF movie/toy line year started. TF Prime cartoon/toy line will wrap up/end in 2013 before the 2014 TF4 movie/toy line starts. the alternators,titanium 6 inch & classics 1.0 TF toy lines ended before the 2007 TF live movie/toys started.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

You are using coincidence and conjecture to predict things that aren't going to happen. Again, Hasbro has spent too much time and money to just shunt off Prime like it's something else. If you haven't noticed, they 'own' Prime. Nobody else can tell them to get rid of it except them.
TFP season 3 being only 16 episodes & the last season,Is all over the internet on the top 5 TF web sites. various official sources had interview Q & A's with the TFP show creators & hasbro.
If it's "all over" the sites, then it shouldn't be very hard to find, now should it?

But I got sick of your shitty attitude regarding a source for your bullshit so I did the work instead and found some stuff.

First:
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... es-176173/

Here it says that Season 3 is only 16 episodes because Hasbro's overall profits are down and this is a way of them cutting costs--the series already has 52 episodes as of the end of Season 2 so they can get away with only throwing 13-16 more onto the pile.

Second:
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... on-175936/

Right there is the fucking title, no less! "16 episodes, NOT THE FINAL SEASON." Jeffrey Combs (Ratchet) has already recorded all his parts for Season 3 and presumably already has some S4 gigs lined up. In addition, some leaked Hasbro documents say they have plans for Prime that go all the way up to 2015.

So take your "S3 is the end" bullshit and shove it. The toyline might--might be put on temporary hold while 2014's movie line hits--Hasbro has proven that they can keep a line afloat despite entire breaks with as little as a change of packaging and name. (Classics, Universe 2.0, RTS and Generations are all but the same toyline.)
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote:You are using coincidence and conjecture to predict things that aren't going to happen. Again, Hasbro has spent too much time and money to just shunt off Prime like it's something else. If you haven't noticed, they 'own' Prime. Nobody else can tell them to get rid of it except them.
If it's "all over" the sites, then it shouldn't be very hard to find, now should it?

But I got sick of your shitty attitude regarding a source for your bullshit so I did the work instead and found some stuff.

First:
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... es-176173/

Here it says that Season 3 is only 16 episodes because Hasbro's overall profits are down and this is a way of them cutting costs--the series already has 52 episodes as of the end of Season 2 so they can get away with only throwing 13-16 more onto the pile.

Second:
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... on-175936/

Right there is the fucking title, no less! "16 episodes, NOT THE FINAL SEASON." Jeffrey Combs (Ratchet) has already recorded all his parts for Season 3 and presumably already has some S4 gigs lined up. In addition, some leaked Hasbro documents say they have plans for Prime that go all the way up to 2015.

So take your "S3 is the end" bullshit and shove it. The toyline might--might be put on temporary hold while 2014's movie line hits--Hasbro has proven that they can keep a line afloat despite entire breaks with as little as a change of packaging and name. (Classics, Universe 2.0, RTS and Generations are all but the same toyline.)
Sorry,I refuse to waste my valuable time doing research for others that doubt my info. If others want the info then it's their job to do the research not me. I could care less if others believe me or not.

TF Prime isn't getting a season 4. TF Prime will end with season 3.

TF Prime might morph into another series like armada morphed into energon then energon morphed into Cybertron. But I highly doubt this will happen. as the TF Prime toy line didn't did as great in sales like the AEC toy lines did.

After the 16 episodes of TF Prime ends in season 3 in 2013,we won't see anything until the TF4 Movie arrives in theathres in 2014.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:Sorry,I refuse to waste my valuable time doing research for others that doubt my info. If others want the info then it's their job to do the research not me. I could care less if others believe me or not.

The research O6 did there pretty much disproves that. There is no confirmation season 3 will be the end at all. So unless you have a source that says otherwise then it is kinda up to you to back up your own claims here...
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Sparky Prime wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:Sorry,I refuse to waste my valuable time doing research for others that doubt my info. If others want the info then it's their job to do the research not me. I could care less if others believe me or not.

The research O6 did there pretty much disproves that. There is no confirmation season 3 will be the end at all. So unless you have a source that says otherwise then it is kinda up to you to back up your own claims here...
Don't believe me,I could care less. I guess you'll just have to wait to see that i'm right next year when TFP's cartoon/toy line is not in 2014.

I've seen the links/sources to back up my claims. but I refuse to do the research because you & others are just gonna find a few loop holes & disagree with me anyways,so why waste my time.