Complaining about 2012 TF toy price hikes makes no sense.

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Complaining about 2012 TF toy price hikes makes no sense.

Post by Tigermegatron »

If your willing to pay these insanely high Takara import prices & TFCC Prices like paying $60 to $80 for a voyager. $40 to $70 for a deluxe. $355 for a Botcon convention gift set of 5+toys. hundreds of dollars for rare store exclusive takara imported minicons/microns/recolors. TFCC Convention Souvenir add-ons & club toys that are Tripple+the prices of hasbro's retail toys in the same size classes. Takara Japanese Prime/AM & United TF toys that cost 3 times more than Hasbro's USA retail store prices. Paying 75% more for Takara's MP TF toys compared to Hasbro's 3x times less cheaper priced MP TF USA retail store prices.

Examples: some fans have no problems paying Hasbro usa leader sized toy prices for Takara prime-AM Imported deluxes. Paying Hasbro $25+ ultra toy usa prices for Takara's imported basic sized new toys.

What's the big deal in paying a few measly bucks extra in these new Hasbro TF 2012 Price hikes. what's a extra $2 to $4 or $5 extra for Hasbro TF 2012 deluxesbasics,Voyagers & play sets when some are willing to spend 4XTimes the price for these Takara TF Imports & TFCC Convention/Club TF toys.

Hasbro is not doing these price hikes because they are mean or greedy. everyone is raising prices due to extremely high gas prices & the bad economy.
Last edited by Tigermegatron on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andersonh1

Re: Complaining about 2012 TF toy price hikes makes no sense

Post by andersonh1 »

True, but it's annoying to see a $15 price tag on what used to be a $10 figure. And I thought the $12.99 price tag was too steep. I'd love the current Shockwave figure, but I just can't bring myself to pay $15 for it.

I've only ever paid high import prices for G1 reissues or things along that line. Rare items that you won't find at retail domestically, and I haven't even bought anything like that in years.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: Complaining about 2012 TF toy price hikes makes no sense

Post by Tigermegatron »

andersonh1 wrote:True, but it's annoying to see a $15 price tag on what used to be a $10 figure. And I thought the $12.99 price tag was too steep. I'd love the current Shockwave figure, but I just can't bring myself to pay $15 for it.

I've only ever paid high import prices for G1 reissues or things along that line. Rare items that you won't find at retail domestically, and I haven't even bought anything like that in years.
A Experienced fan always finds ways around the Hasbro usa TF toys price hikes. a few examples: . (1) only buy newer TF toys when they go on sale at the USA retail stores. this way you never pay full price. (2) take advantage of all the bundle sales that bbts & other on-line sites has. BBTS often sells full cases of newer figures cheaper than you would buy the toys in stores. HTS.com a few weeks/months ago didn't raise the TF toys to the newer price hikes. (3) wait a year until the USA discount stores like marshalls,TJmaxx,ross,biglots,olliles have the TF toys marked down on deep clearance for 50+ off. (4) Taka advantage of the buy one or buy two get one free TF toys sales TRU & other USA based retail stores have. (5) print up coupons & use any rewards cards you might have. use on-line discount codes. (6) Wait until BBTS & other on-line sites have un-sold stock & then they put them on clearance prices.