Is everything TF going your way,from 2011 thru 2013?

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Is everything TF going your way,from 2011 thru 2013?

Post by Tigermegatron »

Is the current Liscensed TF movie,cartoon,video games & comics media going in the directions you like?

How about the 2011 thru 2013 Liscensed TF toy lines,are they going in the direction of your preferred preferences likes & dislikes?

Is the TF club & botcon catering to your unique fan needs & desires?

I added 2013 because we've seen test shots of Generations 2013 up comming toys from 2012 conventions.

My fan point of view below.....

The 2012 TFP toys & 2012 -2013 Generations toys seems leaps & bounds better than the 2011 DOTM & 2008 Animated toys. While i'm not totally pleased I don't view anything new as a total write. I'm in the middle as far as being pleased. I still need more bigger sizes & more of my preferred TF characters getting newer toys.

I am not a fan of TFCC Fun pub. the exclusives toys are over priced. too many toys that are barely mediocre each year. the $40 club dues per year is the biggest joke ever. not a fan of the fun pub owners or staff. not a fan of the way fun pub encourages scalpers & puts zero things in place to prevent this. the 10 page including the front & back covers magazine is horrible. the first five pages of the magazine get wasted by fan fodder,the last 5 pages have a comic that looks like a 5 year old wrote it. TFCC has a troll infested forum board that is only available to those who pay $40 in yearly membership dues.

Rescue bots toys & cartoon series,I feel is a total waste. the Rescue bots toys are inferior to the hasbro playschool go-bots toys. the cartoon is a huge waste of money as it only advertises 5 rescue bots toys. creating TF cartoons series to advertise over 20 different character toys is more profitable for hasbro. as hasbro is in it to sell toys.

The IDW TF Comics from 2011 thru 2012 are a complete disappointment.
It almost feels like the writers are trying to ruin everything on purpose. whether they have grudges against the things or are just naive & don't care.Having bumblebee as the faction leader is the worse thing any writer can do.
killing off or MIA 4 starring Faction leaders last year in one singular chaos issue was the last straw. Currently the IDW TF writers have the robots sitting down at tables wasting half of a issues drinking energon & discussing their scientific brain storming theories & such.

IDW TF comics went down hill when Simon furman was asked to leave the G-1titles. Simon Furman is the only one who gets the transformers & can properly portray them. The only IDW TF comic i'll be buying is regeneration thru paper backs every six months.

DW & Marvel wrote better TF comics. DW dare I say had better TF comic art.
IDW's TF art look awful starting from 2011 thru 2012. IDW doesn't do that many robots fight scenes from 2011-2012 because the fight scenes require a higher grade of talented art sketches get done. it seems like it's easier & cheaper to do lower grade TF art where the robots walk around or sit in chairs for most of the pages & issues.

I think The current WFC & FOC TF video games are top notch. these are things of beauty & great everything else. these get my highest ratings. While I think the toys need to be bigger,the designs are still better than the movie verse & animated toys.

If only they'd make bigger size scale voyagers,ultra's & leaders for the generations & FOC toys this would be the best thing ever.

The Prime cartoon I love. I feel it's going my way as far as pleasing my adult fan needs. Rescue bots is just awful & it's too toddler for my taste. Rescue bots toys are the worse thing ever. the play school gobots toys were way better than the rescue bots toys as far as designs,poseabilty,size & sculpts went.

The Live action TF movies & toys are not getting done to my preferred taste & likes. The only thing I enjoy about the live movies are the CGI robot designs. I don't like the stories,plots,dialogue & amateur no talent actors cast in the starring roles. last year I thought the DOTM toy line was so terrible,I only bought 4 toys. like leader ironhide,leader sentinel prime,voyager megatron,Voyager Skyhammer.

TF Kreo,I feel has potential. I think it was a smart move for Hasbro to create this line. as other not lego brands are raking in the cash. kids love to build stuff so this seems like a pure win. Hasbro is foolish fort not fully supporting the TF Kreon toy line with a cartoon series. If I were hasbro I'd cancel rescue bots & do a Kreon TF cartoon series. So far I only though Last year bigger Starscream & This years bigger vortex build kits were worth buying. I may or may not buy the Kreon combiners. Not interested in that $70+ build it kreo Devestator.

I think Hasbro is foolish for not giving the classics & Generations toy lines their full support by making them main lines supported by a media cartoon series. these lines sell well yet they've been side lines for years. I really want to see a full blown generations toy line with all the sizes & bigger sizes like voyagers,ultra,super,leaders & supreme's. Having a classics/generations styled cartoon on the Hub to help promote & sell these toys.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: Is everything TF going your way,from 2011 thru 2013?

Post by Dominic »

Tigermegatron wrote:Is the current Liscensed TF movie,cartoon,video games & comics media going in the directions you like?
Mostly yes.

The 2012 TFP toys & 2012 -2013 Generations toys seems leaps & bounds better than the 2011 DOTM & 2008 Animated toys. While i'm not totally pleased I don't view anything new as a total write. I'm in the middle as far as being pleased. I still need more bigger sizes & more of my preferred TF characters getting newer toys.
So far, the only nice thing that I can say about this year's toys is that most of them are easy to skip. FoC is a series of good designs ruined by lazy execution. "Prime" has a few good toys, but not enough for me to go all in.

Since 2011, Hasbro has consistently dropped the ball on distribution. How many toys have been pointlessly rare, if not cancelled? A toy company that is not selling toys is failing at the most basic part of its reason to exist.

I am not a fan of TFCC Fun pub. the exclusives toys are over priced. too many toys that are barely mediocre each year. the $40 club dues per year is the biggest joke ever. not a fan of the fun pub owners or staff. not a fan of the way fun pub encourages scalpers & puts zero things in place to prevent this. the 10 page including the front & back covers magazine is horrible. the first five pages of the magazine get wasted by fan fodder,the last 5 pages have a comic that looks like a 5 year old wrote it. TFCC has a troll infested forum board that is only available to those who pay $40 in yearly membership dues.
Fun Publications makes some really nice looking, and very expensive toys. If not for quality control issues, I would say that they do a good job of that.

The comics and newsletter are terrible. I have seen better fan made products./

It almost feels like the writers are trying to ruin everything on purpose. whether they have grudges against the things or are just naive & don't care.Having bumblebee as the faction leader is the worse thing any writer can do.
killing off or MIA 4 starring Faction leaders last year in one singular chaos issue was the last straw. Currently the IDW TF writers have the robots sitting down at tables wasting half of a issues drinking energon & discussing their scientific brain storming theories & such.
That is enough out of you.

IDW has had its high and low points. But, over-all, I have been happy with them. They are hiring real writers who are not just re-hashing old shit from 10+ years ago. Even Furman is looking forward now. If I want a book that never changes, I will read "Archie".

Saying that DW art, particularly Lee, is better than IDW's is incomprehensible.

Dom
-just in for the comics now.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Dominic wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:Is the current Liscensed TF movie,cartoon,video games & comics media going in the directions you like?
Mostly yes.

So far, the only nice thing that I can say about this year's toys is that most of them are easy to skip. FoC is a series of good designs ruined by lazy execution. "Prime" has a few good toys, but not enough for me to go all in.

Since 2011, Hasbro has consistently dropped the ball on distribution. How many toys have been pointlessly rare, if not cancelled? A toy company that is not selling toys is failing at the most basic part of its reason to exist.

Fun Publications makes some really nice looking, and very expensive toys. If not for quality control issues, I would say that they do a good job of that.

The comics and newsletter are terrible. I have seen better fan made products./

That is enough out of you.

IDW has had its high and low points. But, over-all, I have been happy with them. They are hiring real writers who are not just re-hashing old shit from 10+ years ago. Even Furman is looking forward now. If I want a book that never changes, I will read "Archie".

Saying that DW art, particularly Lee, is better than IDW's is incomprehensible.

Dom
-just in for the comics now.
All the smalls are the main reason the 2011 DOTM & 2012 TF Prime toy lines are doing horrible in stores. the smalls aren't selling, causing stores not to order the bigger & smallers TF newer toys.

FOC Optimus & Shockwave should have been voyager sized toys. FOC Jazz looks like a awesome toy. the FOC Combaticons/Bruticus is a must get toy & awesome.

No one knows the real reason behind Hasbro awful USA TF Distribution problems. on-line TF fans are making it appear it's one singular reason. I suspect it's much more complicated & are a number of reasons. like Gasoline,bumblebee peg warming,stores getting ruined by rotf & dotm thus ordering less TF Prime toys. having the TF Prime toys being shipped world wide at the same time. Hasbro causing delays by having the 2012 spiderman & avengers toys take top priority for usa stores,while TFP toys got dealyed.

The TFCC Funpub convention & club toys are a major joke. they exist for the OCD TF fans who have money to throw away or burn. their nothing spectular they are just repaints with new heads. I can sort of understand getting excited over 100% new molds. getting overly excited & paying 4X Times the price of retail for TFCC TF toys is just sad. it's like the guys paying 4X The TFCC toys are hermits,don't have lives,don't date,don't go to clubs,live at home with the parents still. don't pay bills,don't buy food,don't pay rent or mortage,don't drive or pay for their car insurance.

I hate FUB Pub they are ruthless businessmen scalpers. the worse botcon owners ever. I suspect Hasbro & Takara hates them. because every passing year,hasbro reveals less TF toy & media news.

Pat lee wasn't the only artist on those DW TF comics. Their were plenty of other talented artist doing those DW TF Comics. Even if pat less forced the other artist to follow a house style,it was still leaps & bounds better looking & more consistent than the IDW TF Comic art.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

[quote=Tigger]The IDW TF Comics from 2011 thru 2012 are a complete disappointment.
killing off or MIA 4 starring Faction leaders last year in one singular chaos issue was the last straw. Currently the IDW TF writers have the robots sitting down at tables wasting half of a issues drinking energon & discussing their scientific brain storming theories & such. [/quote]

Okay--who did they kill/MIA?

Orion Pax is still around, in space, looking for Thunderwing or something. Galvatron is either dead or with D'Void in plot dev hell. Megatron is missing and I'm okay with that. Who's left?

Bumblebee isn't the leader--they're gearing up for elections and Starscream is poised to win.

I don't understand why you're apparently okay with the comics being 22 pages of robots beating on each other. The current TF comics have a flow to them. Yes, things are occasionally slower paced in the start of an issue and then heat up as they go on. I love that! That's awesome! I prefer that! I don't need mindless punch scenes for no reason; I need plot and character development and Roberts and Barber are delivering.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.