What do you think about the Beast Hunters Prime news.

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

What do you think about the Beast Hunters Prime news.

Post by Tigermegatron »

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... nters.html

Personally I love the idea of Beast Hunters. I have really been missing my Beast mode transformers since the Movie Verse in 2007 happened.

I'd love to see a cartoon series & Full toy line of Beast Hunters toys in all the sizes & price points. like legends,basics,deluxe,voyagers,weaponizers,leaders & supremes.

The Beast Hunters character TF toys I want to get made are as follows:

1986 Trypticon leader size. Transforms from huge mechanical T-rex into the Nemesis space ship. then transforms into a robot mode. Trypticon will be the leaders of the Beast Hunters on the bad guys Faction.

1986 Skylynx Leader sized. like the 1986 toy this will also be a duo-bot. where sky transforms into a dragon & space shuttle. Lynx transforms into a animal lynx & a transport thing. sky & lynx will combine to form a super robot mode,combine to form a super beast & super alt mode. Skylynx will be the leader of the beast hunters on the good side faction.

All Five G-1 styled Dinobots that merge to form a gestalt called Dinoking.

All Five 1986 Predacons that merge to form Predaking.

All Five 1986 Terrorcons that merge to form Abonimus.

1987 Horrorcons Apeface,Snapdragon & 1988 Double dealer.

1997 Beastwars Combiner Magnaboss with Five team members instead of Three. Prowl the lion,Ironhide the Elephant,Silverbolt the facon,Polarclaw the bear,Wolfang the wolf.

1997 Beastwars combiner Tripredacus. Get rid of the Lobster. Have it be Five team members instead of Three. Have Three insects be from 1985 regular insecticons. Have the other two insects be from the deluxe insecticons.

Maybe do a Beastwars 2nd,Where some of the TF Prime characters evolve & get beast modes. like bw2nd starscream,B.B,Thrust,Dirge & Megastorm getting beast modes. they could be tripple changers where they have a robot,vehicle & beast mode like the 1987 horrorcons & 1988 doubledealer has. TFP Optimus can get a lion alt mode,robot & truck cab mode. Bulkhead can get a elephant beast mode,robot & his vehicle alt mode. Megatron could get a dragon alt mode,robot & cybertron jet mode. soundwave a bat,robot & cybertron drone jet mode. and the list goes on & on.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: What do you think about the Beast Hunters Prime news.

Post by Onslaught Six »

Right now, we don't know 'what' it's going to be, so my hopes are for it to be along the lines of "not sucking."
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote:Right now, we don't know 'what' it's going to be, so my hopes are for it to be along the lines of "not sucking."
Chances are you probably won't lke Beast Hunters. because in the past you said you hated Beastwars. you don't seem to be a fan of animal alt modes for transformers.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I don't hate BW! I hate BW fans.

No, in all seriousness, my problem with Beast Wars has absolutely zero to do with its concept or toyline and has everything to do with the show and the fanbase it's attracted and kept. It seems like these days, nobody can talk about BW without pretending it's the best thing to ever happen to Transformers, and it also seems like anyone who is a "Beast Wars fan" absolutely doesn't like a single other aspect of the franchise--not even Beast Machines!

I don't even dislike the show itself; it was good for its time and had some cool moments and characters, but it's not the be-all end-all of Transformers cartoons like some people make it out to be, and I actually find it a little difficult to sit down and watch the show without having it ruined for me by some of these fans.

I'm all for realistic beast altmodes! I love plenty of beastformer toys. Polar Claw has been a longtime favourite, and Ultra Primal is still one of my favourite Prime toys in general. I'll say right now that I actually prefer other types of beast toys, like the BWII Cyberbeasts or even Energon and Cybertron's styling, but realistic ones are cool too and that's now why I dislike the show and its fanbase.

In any case, neither of those factors will likely have anything to do with Beast Hunters--whatever it actually is. My comment about "not sucking" is directed far more at Transformers Prime than it is Beast Wars.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote:I don't hate BW! I hate BW fans.

No, in all seriousness, my problem with Beast Wars has absolutely zero to do with its concept or toyline and has everything to do with the show and the fanbase it's attracted and kept. It seems like these days, nobody can talk about BW without pretending it's the best thing to ever happen to Transformers, and it also seems like anyone who is a "Beast Wars fan" absolutely doesn't like a single other aspect of the franchise--not even Beast Machines!

I don't even dislike the show itself; it was good for its time and had some cool moments and characters, but it's not the be-all end-all of Transformers cartoons like some people make it out to be, and I actually find it a little difficult to sit down and watch the show without having it ruined for me by some of these fans.

I'm all for realistic beast altmodes! I love plenty of beastformer toys. Polar Claw has been a longtime favourite, and Ultra Primal is still one of my favourite Prime toys in general. I'll say right now that I actually prefer other types of beast toys, like the BWII Cyberbeasts or even Energon and Cybertron's styling, but realistic ones are cool too and that's now why I dislike the show and its fanbase.

In any case, neither of those factors will likely have anything to do with Beast Hunters--whatever it actually is. My comment about "not sucking" is directed far more at Transformers Prime than it is Beast Wars.
My guesses are as follows:

1- Hasbro is done doing organic beast modes. we won't see organic or techno-organic or cyborg beast bots for the next few years. Hasbro is now focusing on doing mechanical styled beast transformers .

2- I seriously doubt were gonna see the whole entire beastwars or BM crew return to reprise their character roles in the 2013 or 2014 Beast hunters cartoons or toy line. we might get one character at best maybe none.

3- The five dinobots seem like they'll be in the beasthunters cartoon & toy line. the IDW TF comics 2013 dinobots mini-series sorta gave the Beasthunters surprise spoiler away. Thundertron might have his crew of beast bots in beasthunters cartoon & toy line.

4- some TF Prime characters might evolve & get beast modes so they can be in the beasthunters cartoon & toy line.

5- Regarding your negative fan comments. I agree with them.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

2- I seriously doubt were gonna see the whole entire beastwars or BM crew return to reprise their character roles in the 2013 or 2014 Beast hunters cartoons or toy line. we might get one character at best maybe none.

3- The five dinobots seem like they'll be in the beasthunters cartoon & toy line. the IDW TF comics 2013 dinobots mini-series sorta gave the Beasthunters surprise spoiler away. Thundertron might have his crew of beast bots in beasthunters cartoon & toy line.
These are probably right on the ball. Anyone who's hoping for some half-assed version of BW characters showing up in Prime continuity will probably be really disappointed--although I wouldn't put it past them to put in a new version of a lesser-important character like Rhinox in there. (Is it too much to ask for a proper Scorponok?)

I don't think Thundertron and his crew are an option (if the "Beast Hunters" are an actual faction and not just a line sub-name) because, if I'm not wrong, the novels call them the Star Seekers.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

I'm only kindasorta in on this Beast Hunters news, due to knowing fuck-all about TFPrime at this point, on account of not watching it since like, episode eight (anyone keeping up on it, has the writing improved any? Is it worth catching up on at all?). That said, the idea of at least a new subline of Beast TFs definitely interests me, and Thundertron's toy looks pretty badass (it's probably the first TFPrime toy I've seen and gone "I have to own that"). We'll see.

So what's this there's gonna be a comic book tie-in to TFPrime/Beast Hunters as well? And Dinobots are in it?
Spoiler
Dinobots are getting to be the new Unicron, in terms of overuse
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Deathy is jumping to conclusions. Either currently or very soon, IDW is publishing some kind of Prime/FOC tie in comic that explains where the fuck the Dinobots went. I think.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... mD5QZz01XI

This explains almost nothing, but the Beasts that intend to be Hunted seem to be Decepticon-allied. If I were gonna venture a guess, I'd put it on G1-style Predacons.

The glimpses we get of them look kind of like ROTF Ravage, ehn.

EDIT: Spoke too soon:
http://itswalky.tumblr.com/post/3333349 ... g-taken-by

"Predaking." Who is a dragon.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Onslaught Six wrote:EDIT: Spoke too soon:
http://itswalky.tumblr.com/post/3333349 ... g-taken-by

"Predaking." Who is a dragon.
Dude, what're you doing on Image's tumblr? Or tumblr at all? I thought you were a guy?

Anyway, saw pics of that thing on /toy/, and yeah, it looks pretty awesome. Didn't know the name was Predaking, but okay. Anyway, looks snazzy, and if future Predacons/Beasts/whatever follow suit, I may have a few more TFPrime toys I want to buy.

So what're the odds of this guy and Thundertron getting repainted into BWII Galvatron and LioConvoy, respectively? I don't know if they're gonna be portrayed as diametrically opposed, but it's still kind of a neat coincidence.