So what do you think of Gaia Unicron from Takara AM.

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

So what do you think of Gaia Unicron from Takara AM.

Post by Tigermegatron »

If Hasbro releases Gaia Unicron for $19.99 or $29.99,Then I'll buy it. I just don't think the design it worth spending those tripple scalper import prices for. then having to pay another $10 in shipping fees. This toy isn't worth $64.99+$10 in shipping fees which equals $75.

2 pack Gaia Unicron & Nemesis Prime colors with more green highlights.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... icture=out

Singular release colors of Gaia Unicron with more cartoon accurate colors.
http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/transf ... +box/11686

I'll admit it's a weird toy. For me the best mode is the robot mode. I just need pretend it's a action master or Movie verse Replica toy.

The other Two modes are just weird. their appears to be a volcano or mountain alt mode for Gaia Unicron's toy. This mode just look weird. Some hong kong fans who bought this toy & did u-tube videos have put the toy on it's side & did a space cruiser styled 2005 Cybertron deluxe unicron alt mode.

Having the toy transform into a planet would have been better than a mountain,volcano & armor jacket for voyagers to wear.

Lastly their is the Armor mode. Where I assume all voyagers & weaponizers toys can wear. The armor jacket probably attaches to voyagers using their mech tech or microns ports. This armor mode is just weird as it looks like voyagers are wearing a unicron jacket. since the jacket has some much shinny bling & weird colors,it looks like a 1970's pimp daddys styled jacket. Maybe the Takara designers really liked the 2005 Cybertron toy line leader sized Megatron toy that had unicron armor incorporated into the designs. so maybe they expanded upon it in this toy.

It's worth a serious mention. most don't know but Gaia Unicron is being released in Two color schemes. The Singular release will be the regular cartoon colors. then their is a 2 pack of gaia unicron with nemesis prime. the 2 pack unicron will be colored different with more green high lights thrown into the toy.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: So what do you think of Gaia Unicron from Takara AM.

Post by Onslaught Six »

Tigermegatron wrote:Having the toy transform into a planet would have been better than a mountain,volcano & armor jacket for voyagers to wear.
I can't get behind this line of thinking. Sure, Unicron traditionally turns into a planet, but this is a different universe, and more importantly, we've already got a really, really nice Unicron toy--and what's more, we got him in spades, in a variety of different colour schemes that you can find. This toy is better off for not turning into a planet (read: a lame ball) because at least it's something different and new, and I praise that more than anything else. (When that new thing doesn't suck.)

Tank Unicron from Cybertron was a dumb toy because he was small; this is at least decently huge, and you can kind of pretend he's Cyberverse, I guess.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

This thing looks like a mess, the kreoformed (yeah I'm keeping it) transformation is not worthy and the end result is a failure. Being a rocklord makes sense, but a rocklord with horns? There's no thought to that thing. I certainly couldn't see buying this at any price. And technically it's an army builder. :p
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

JediTricks wrote:This thing looks like a mess, the kreoformed (yeah I'm keeping it) transformation is not worthy and the end result is a failure. Being a rocklord makes sense, but a rocklord with horns? There's no thought to that thing. I certainly couldn't see buying this at any price. And technically it's an army builder. :p
This thing looks like a rush job,un-finished,I give up on fully creating this thing type of toy.