Stores in my area are sold out of TFP toys.

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Stores in my area are sold out of TFP toys.

Post by Tigermegatron »

The TFP toys are selling decent. Sadly Hasbro can't keep up with the suppy & demand.

Their is clearly to suppy problem.

Most usa stores are barely getting one newer assortment wave case.

I'm seriously thinking about spending the $5 to $15 extra to buy my desired TFP figures on-line.

I still need a TFP deluxe Airachnid & a Weaponizers Optimus Prime toy.

Hopefully the Christmas season buying months. have store over flowed with older & newer TFP toys.

I blame Hasbro taking on too many other liscensed brands like various movie theathre toy lines like Spiderman & Avengers.

On a related note. The G.I Joe 2 movie toy fans. are also seeing empty pegs/shelves in USA based stores.
Gustavo
Minibot

Re: Stores in my area are sold out of TFP toys.

Post by Gustavo »

Plenty of Bumblebees out here.
I'm not wearing any pants.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

On a related note. The G.I Joe 2 movie toy fans. are also seeing empty pegs/shelves in USA based stores.
This shouldn't be surprising, since the only thing released was the first wave in May or so.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

At my local stores even the TFP Deluxe bumblebees are all sold out.

I realized their was only going one or Two waves of joe 2 movie toys released. sadly it was never released in full force at stores. hasbro sprinkled the stores barely with a few joe 2 movie toys. from a fans persepective. it must have been super hard being a completist or buying the short packed toys.

Sadly most retail stores I visited these past few months. still have the deluxe pegs chock full of DOTM Movie-verse deluxes. stores refuse to clearance these toys.

on a related note. I went to a TJmaxx discount store a few days ago. the store was full of clearanced priced DOTM toys.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Tigermegatron wrote:I realized their was only going one or Two waves of joe 2 movie toys released. sadly it was never released in full force at stores. hasbro sprinkled the stores barely with a few joe 2 movie toys. from a fans persepective. it must have been super hard being a completist or buying the short packed toys.
Not really! In fact, most people were very unexcited about the first-wave Retaliation toys. None of them are screen accurate and many of them have reduced articulation or other undesirable factors--Roadblock has part of his weird gun thing 'moulded to his hand.' (And it's not like there wasn't an open hand mould--the Roadblock in the three-pack is a repaint of the single-carded version, and he has two open hands.) Most people only bought the Joe Trooper and the Red Ninja.

Also, the first wave will be rereleased in February, so it's not a big deal.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.