BBTS,Dark TFP exclusives,anyone buying them? lets discuss.

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

here's a bbts.com order link with pics.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/cont ... content=62

Personally I love all the homage colors going on with these recolors exclusives. That blue colored wheeljack is a obvious color homage to UK Actionmaster Slice. That knockout looks like it's in 2004 energon leader size megatron colors or classics 1.0 voyager nerf gun megatron colors. that black & purple skywarp look like it's in transport warp skywarp colors. optimus & bumblebee are the least special & generic of the lot. that dark megatron looks like it might make a decent G-1 Galvatron if one were to swap parts back & forth with TFP Voyager wave one Megatron.

I won't be buying any of these. I must admit the dark megatron is a tempting buy,due to those colors making the toy mold look less dull & more exciting. for me dark megatron is a easy pass due to the over-all mold looking horrible in design sculpt in both modes.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: BBTS,Dark TFP exclusives,anyone buying them? lets discus

Post by JediTricks »

We posted the high-res images and the booth views over on AF:
http://photos.actionfigs.com/g6575-afte ... i-res.html
http://photos.actionfigs.com/g6560-afte ... page2.html

I really liked the idea of these, and would have bought them at a brick-n-mortar store but online means heavy shipping costs usually and I'm not as sure. They looked good, but when Hasbro announced it was a BBTS exclusive there was an audible groan in the audience.

The ones I thought came off best were:
- Knock Out, finally he has some exciting colors! And they're very Decepticon, although they seem a touch Devastator-esque, but welcome change from the retail version.
- Starscream, using the FE mold in Skywarp colors, it worked for my tastes.
- Megatron, ok, so I didn't realize all 3 of my choices were Decepticons, but I think Megs looks better than his boring gray retail colors even if it is Prince's robot cat for the look.

Wheeljack looks fine, OP looks ok, didn't really want to see another iteration of the RID BB mold again EVER and then it's the worst-looking one because of how little he's got going on visually behind the clear gimmick.

The homages don't really do much for me, although Skywarp is an exception.

I am tempted, but will not even commit to saying more than that until pricing is announced.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Re: BBTS,Dark TFP exclusives,anyone buying them? lets discus

Post by BWprowl »

I would've bought the hell out of most of these (bar Bumblebee and the Voyagers) at retail, but them being BBTS-exclusive stings. I rather wanted Slicer, at least, and Knock Out looks nice too. That said, I guess there are worse things that could end up as BBTS exclusives, so if they have to be something, then these aren't too huge a loss.

Still might look into getting that Wheeljack, I have half a mind to use it as a 'Classics' Slicer...