San Diego Comic-Con 2012 coverage

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2012 coverage

Post by Dominic »

True. Stickers would solve most of the problem. And, paint would solve the rest. (Having the right base colour is very helpful, especially with larger projects.) Of course, you would still need a set of Combaticons to swap the heads in from. So, a Ruination would still be an extremely expensive project. And, remember, Ruination has a few legitimate colour schemes.

Dom
-actually does want to fiddle with this mould.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Well, that depends on how much you want to display certain toys. For me, Ruination is about Ruination--the individuals in CR/RID are practically blank slates and have next to no individual personalities or traits. Most of them even have really bad names. (Ro-Tor? Movor? I don't even remember Swindle's name.)

Although, incidentally, the crappy brown of SDCC Onslaught is a decent enough match for Mega-Octane.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Roll bar.

Shockwave
-Just finished watching all of RID for the first time.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Still playing catch-up, I just finished putting together the interview I did with Hasbro TF for ActionFigs:

http://www.actionfigs.com/content.php/1 ... -Interview
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

JediTricks wrote:Still playing catch-up, I just finished putting together the interview I did with Hasbro TF for ActionFigs:

Great interview,I enjoyed reading it. you asked a lot of key questions.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Tigermegatron wrote:
JediTricks wrote:Still playing catch-up, I just finished putting together the interview I did with Hasbro TF for ActionFigs:

Great interview,I enjoyed reading it. you asked a lot of key questions.
Thanks for the nice feedback. That's one thing I like about having 2 outlets to represent, I can ask niche questions from our hardcore base and then I can also ask questions from the group that is a bit more mainstream.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

JT, thanks for getting that interview done and such. It is too easy to take for granted that we would have an in. But,l really, the only reason this humble forum has the pull it does is because you put in so much time and effort.

Thanks bro. We do appreciate it.

Dom
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

What he said, but with more curse words!
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Right on, you guys are quite welcome, damnit. ;)