The 2012 Botcon schedule is up,its a bust/awful/garbage.

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: The 2012 Botcon schedule is up,its a bust/awful/garbage.

Post by Tigermegatron »

JediTricks wrote: To me, Botcon '09 was very similar to the Trek cons I went to in the '80s, 1 panel room for events and then a big dealer room, except the Botcon dealer room also had exhibits unlike those '80s Trek cons .
I use to go to a whole bunch of Star Trek convention in the 1980's & early 1990's,they were all in NYC Manhattan inside the Pennsylvannia plaza hotel.

While waiting in those beyond huge attendee lines to get into the place. the Star trek fans passions was at all time highs. these were super star trek fans. some dressed up in star trek costumes. the convention hired security guards took their klingon outfits extremly seriously. Their was this women in line praising captain picard & saying he was a much better looking & more in shape guy than captain kirk was in his late 1980's form.

Their was this one guy at this late 1980's convention. he had various colored magic markers & pens. he was going around looking at attendees entry stamps & trying to copy it to get into the star trek convention for free.

The attendeees at the 1980's star trek conventions,I went to would run to the live panel seats & sit their all day. The dealers floor was beyond huge. the live panels seating area was super small. the dealers room had all sorts of things like star trek type weapons,swords,guns,outfits,old merchandise,new merchandise. one year that spock appeared as a panel guest,their was a few TF dealer tables. I always jok this was because spock did the voice of galvatron in the TF movie. for the most part the dealers were only allowed to sell star trek merchandise.

At these 1980's NYC star trek conventions,I went to. the convention organizers would keep saying the demand was more their for the newer star trek actors & not for the classic star trek actors/actress.

the Star trek ators/actresses,I saw at these 1980's star trek conventions were as follows: Captian picard,Data,,spock,a few voyager guys like oldo & o'brians friend. that marine whale lady from the star trek IV movie. I saw Dr mcoy & he complained about kirk making fun of his dog because it was tiny.

At various NYC Big apple comic toy/comic conventions. I saw a few wrestlers,play boy female models & oddly enough I saw the star trek Classics LT UHurra signing autographs. I saw a few beastwars actors & comic artist signing autographs.

I didn't bother to go into any of the live panel room that the NYC big apple comic toy/comic convention had. because none of the panels interested me.

the cool part about these Big apple toy/comic conventions are that they take place in these really old & huge catholic churches. the dealers rooms are beyond huge. some of these churches look like they were or should be in movies. most of these churches that house the conventions are located on 9th avenue.

I've been to a few new jersey toy/comic conventions but they were really small & the deales room was super tiny. I went to this one new jersey TF convention around the late 1990's & it was so small. I bought a out of box 1985 shockwave for a decent price. most of the TF toys at this convention were super exspensive.

Whenever I go to a convention. I usually stay around 2 to 3 hours. when I go to the manhattan ones,I take the train. when i go to the new jersey ones I drive. I prefer to go for under 3 hours then come home. I've never stayed over night in the area in a hotel or at a friends house.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Tigermegatron wrote:Whenever I go to a convention. I usually stay around 2 to 3 hours. when I go to the manhattan ones,I take the train. when i go to the new jersey ones I drive. I prefer to go for under 3 hours then come home. I've never stayed over night in the area in a hotel or at a friends house.
Sounds to me like you're just not the conventioning type. For me, conventions mean long-ass roadtrips (that are always enjoyed), copious amounts of alcohol with people I only know from the Internet, buying too much crap, playing lots of video games, eating at places we don't have in Pennsylvania, and staying up way too late and then collapsing on the floor of a hotel room with up to eight other people for three-to-five hours before I have to get up and do it all over again.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:the Star trek ators/actresses,I saw at these 1980's star trek conventions were as follows: Captian picard,Data,,spock,a few voyager guys like oldo & o'brians friend. that marine whale lady from the star trek IV movie. I saw Dr mcoy & he complained about kirk making fun of his dog because it was tiny.
Because I just can't let this pass... Odo and Dr. Bashir (Chief O'Brian's friend) were in DS9. And that began in '93, Voyager in '96.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Tigermegatron wrote:
JediTricks wrote: To me, Botcon '09 was very similar to the Trek cons I went to in the '80s, 1 panel room for events and then a big dealer room, except the Botcon dealer room also had exhibits unlike those '80s Trek cons .
I use to go to a whole bunch of Star Trek convention in the 1980's & early 1990's,they were all in NYC Manhattan inside the Pennsylvannia plaza hotel.

While waiting in those beyond huge attendee lines to get into the place. the Star trek fans passions was at all time highs. these were super star trek fans. some dressed up in star trek costumes. the convention hired security guards took their klingon outfits extremly seriously. Their was this women in line praising captain picard & saying he was a much better looking & more in shape guy than captain kirk was in his late 1980's form.

Their was this one guy at this late 1980's convention. he had various colored magic markers & pens. he was going around looking at attendees entry stamps & trying to copy it to get into the star trek convention for free.

The attendeees at the 1980's star trek conventions,I went to would run to the live panel seats & sit their all day. The dealers floor was beyond huge. the live panels seating area was super small. the dealers room had all sorts of things like star trek type weapons,swords,guns,outfits,old merchandise,new merchandise. one year that spock appeared as a panel guest,their was a few TF dealer tables. I always jok this was because spock did the voice of galvatron in the TF movie. for the most part the dealers were only allowed to sell star trek merchandise.

At these 1980's NYC star trek conventions,I went to. the convention organizers would keep saying the demand was more their for the newer star trek actors & not for the classic star trek actors/actress.

the Star trek ators/actresses,I saw at these 1980's star trek conventions were as follows: Captian picard,Data,,spock,a few voyager guys like oldo & o'brians friend. that marine whale lady from the star trek IV movie. I saw Dr mcoy & he complained about kirk making fun of his dog because it was tiny.

At various NYC Big apple comic toy/comic conventions. I saw a few wrestlers,play boy female models & oddly enough I saw the star trek Classics LT UHurra signing autographs. I saw a few beastwars actors & comic artist signing autographs.

I didn't bother to go into any of the live panel room that the NYC big apple comic toy/comic convention had. because none of the panels interested me.

the cool part about these Big apple toy/comic conventions are that they take place in these really old & huge catholic churches. the dealers rooms are beyond huge. some of these churches look like they were or should be in movies. most of these churches that house the conventions are located on 9th avenue.

I've been to a few new jersey toy/comic conventions but they were really small & the deales room was super tiny. I went to this one new jersey TF convention around the late 1990's & it was so small. I bought a out of box 1985 shockwave for a decent price. most of the TF toys at this convention were super exspensive.
Sounds like a lot of the same stuff as out here, actually. Lots of great experiences in those '80s and '90s cons, eh?
Whenever I go to a convention. I usually stay around 2 to 3 hours. when I go to the manhattan ones,I take the train. when i go to the new jersey ones I drive. I prefer to go for under 3 hours then come home. I've never stayed over night in the area in a hotel or at a friends house.
That surprises me. When I was a kid, we tried to milk every last minute out of those conventions, and these days I cannot find enough time in the day to spend at Comic-Con, I generally spend 14 hours on the floor the first 4 days (including preview night if I get a badge for covering the show with Steve) and then from around 9am to closing on Sundays, but this is partly because we don't really have any other conventions worth a crap in LA anymore so those 5 days are my entire convention-going experience for the year.

Sparky Prime wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:the Star trek ators/actresses,I saw at these 1980's star trek conventions were as follows: Captian picard,Data,,spock,a few voyager guys like oldo & o'brians friend. that marine whale lady from the star trek IV movie. I saw Dr mcoy & he complained about kirk making fun of his dog because it was tiny.
Because I just can't let this pass... Odo and Dr. Bashir (Chief O'Brian's friend) were in DS9. And that began in '93, Voyager in '96.
Now we are truly on the internet. :mrgreen:
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?