Some new toys: Airachnid, Ultra Magnus, Dead End

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Some new toys: Airachnid, Ultra Magnus, Dead End

Post by Onslaught Six »

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ed-174711/

Airachnid looks like crap but what else is new. Magnus is a Cyberverse Commander so I'm not that interested, but the design looks unique so hopefully we'll get a larger figure down the line.

Deadend is Wheeljack with a new head and a crazy G2-esque colour scheme and that makes me want him, and feel less bad about passing on Wheeljack. (I really don't want to buy Wheeljack because it's Wheeljack, and I already have a really good Wheeljack...but he looks so damn cool!)
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: Some new toys: Airachnid, Ultra Magnus, Dead End

Post by Sparky Prime »

Airachnid is missing a rotor blade and no where near as long as they should be for her to be able to use them in robot mode like she does in the show. I see the cockpit isn't her arms, which instead appears to be kibble behind her head. Can't say I'm surprised, but I was hoping the toy would look better and more show accurate than this.

Ultra Magnus I think we've sorta already seen in the show. The animators used a different design for the 'coded' information the Decepticons had on Optimus Prime during "Orion Pax" part 2, which at the time I thought looked a lot like Ultra Magnus, and this toy does have some resemblance to that. Looks like a nod to TF:A with his main weapon being a hammer. Not too bad for a Cyberverse figure.

Dead End... Yikes.