Leader sized TF toys,Is hasbro catering them towards adults

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Leader sized TF toys,Is hasbro catering them towards adults

Post by Tigermegatron »

I love the Leader sized TF toys,they seemed to be catered towards adult fans & teenagers,due to their Extremely detailed sculpts & complex transformations.

I view most TF leader sized toys as pure works of art. most of them seem to be in the same league as masterpiece TF toys,as far as extremely detailed sculpted toys goes,size,poseability,complex transformations. adult themed color schemes,accessories & gimmicks. Both the leader sized TF toys & the masterpieces hasbro/takara seems to cater towards the fans & teenagers.

About the only thing missing from most leader sized toys that masterpiece TF toys have is poseable fingers.

Honestly the leader sized TF toys created by Hasbro Takara seemed to start with Car robots Rid & are still be made for TF Prime toys. obviously in Car robots/Rid,Armada & Energon the leader sized TF toys were called by different names.

Here's a list of all the New mold Transformers Leader sized TF toys hasbro has made since the year 2000.
1- Car robots/rid Fire convoy/Optimus Prime,super/leader size
2-Car Robots/Rid God Magnus/Ultra Magnus,Super/Leader size
3-Armada huge Optimus Prime,Super/leader size
4- Energon Optimus Prime,Super/leader size
5- Energon Megatron/Galvatron,Super/leader size
6-Cybertron Opimus prime,leader size
7-cybertron Megatron/galvatron,leader size
8-Cybertron Metroplex,Leader sized
9-2007 movie Optimus prime,leader size
10-2007 movie megatron,leader size
11-2008 animated megatron,leader size
12-2008 animated ultra magnus,leader size
13-2008 animated bulkhead,leader size
14-2009 ROTF Optimus prime,leader size
15- 2009 ROTF megatron,leader size
16-2009 ROTF Jetifre,leader size
17-2010 HFTD Movie Starscream,leader size
18-2011 DOTM Ironhide,leader size.
19-2011 DOTM sentinel Prime,leader size
20-2011 DOTM Bumblebee,leader size
21- TF prime Optimus Prime,weaponizers/leader size
22- TF Prime,Bumblebee,weaponizers/leader size.

Out of the 22 TF leader sized TF toys created thus far from the years 2000 thru 2012,I like 19 out of 22,which is great ratio like/hate odds. The Three I didn't like are as follows:(1)Armada super/leader base Optimus Prime. (2)Energon super/leader optimus Prime. (3)DOTM Leader sized Bumblebee.

I gonna need to buy & play with,TF Prime,Bumblebee weaponizers/leader sized toy. before I decide if I like it or not. If I don't like it,then i'll give it away to a younger realative.

Sorry,I didn't know which section this thread belonged in. because it's basically discussing leader sized TF toys that were created in all the TF toy lines that were created from the years 2000 thru 2012. I decided to put this thread in the TF Prime section because I figured it was technically discussing two of the weaponizers/Leader sized TF prime toys called Optimus prime & bumblebee that are getting released in 2012.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Leader sized TF toys,Is hasbro catering them towards adu

Post by Shockwave »

Uhh... Cybertron Megatron and Optimus Prime were not the same size as Metroplex and Menasor. Or Primus and Unicron for that matter.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Leader sized TF toys,Is hasbro catering them towards adu

Post by Onslaught Six »

Megaloplex was indeed a Leader; he was the tallest toy in the line, outclassing Prime in height by a fair margin. He doesn't even mention Menasor, Unicron or Primus. (I know Deathy's posts are hard to read, but still.)

Also, Deathy, you're missing the 2007 movie toyline Leader Brawl, plus a handful of repaints, but I'm sure you knew the latter.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.