August Hauls!

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Re: August Hauls!

Post by BWprowl »

Bought a WD Passport 750gb external hard drive. I download too much shit.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Shockwave wrote:
Onslaught Six wrote:Box from ShockTrek! It contained...Classics Skywarp! That's right, the team is finally complete.

But it also containted...ROTF Green Legends Devastator! Minus Rampage! So I can't complete his robot mode. But hey, five itty bitty green Constructicons! Neat.
Woops! I meant to include the whole set, thought Rampage was an extra and now that you mention it my extra Rampage is red not green so... yeah, this oversite will be corrected in the next shipment. With Kup's head or Tracks or Wreck Gar or whatever our next deal winds up being.
Haha, I thought so. Do you have his instructions laying around? Those would also be nice. :P (I don't know if Hasbro's website has them up, I haven't checked. Being unable to complete it, y'know.) Are the brown paint marks your doing, or did he come like that?
andersonh1 wrote:Found another one of those multi-movie DVD packs, in this case all three Spider-Man movies in one set for $13. I'd never seen the third one, and hadn't seen the other two in years, so it was a nice find. And takes up less space on my DVD shelves.
I love those things! I have the entire series of Nightmare on Elm Street DVDs; I paid $20 and got all of them in two neat cases. Where's this at? Wal-Mart, Target? (Although I gotta say, if it's missing vital special features I'll be pissy...)
BWprowl wrote:Bought a WD Passport 750gb external hard drive. I download too much shit.
Have you ever thought of deleting any of it? I mean, for a while there I would routinely clean out some of my stuff when I didn't actually need it. Do I need the entirety of Metallica's discography? Probably not, and if I decide I need any given song I can always just go and redownload it.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Customizing yielded a Legends scale Bluestreak. (Shockwave pointed out that I need to make a few color corrections. I think that next week, I shall spend time touching up a few figures, including that one.)

And, another RTS for customizing. (This makes up for the one I am selling O6.) And, I found a couple of fodder figures that went missing.

Dom
-has not started a major project in a while.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Onslaught Six wrote:I love those things! I have the entire series of Nightmare on Elm Street DVDs; I paid $20 and got all of them in two neat cases. Where's this at? Wal-Mart, Target? (Although I gotta say, if it's missing vital special features I'll be pissy...)
Found it at Wal-Mart, and that's the only place I"ve seen it locally. It's got some special features: a couple of commentaries for each movie, some trailers, some other stuff. Well worth the purchase, in my view.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Onslaught Six wrote:
Shockwave wrote:
Onslaught Six wrote:Box from ShockTrek! It contained...Classics Skywarp! That's right, the team is finally complete.

But it also containted...ROTF Green Legends Devastator! Minus Rampage! So I can't complete his robot mode. But hey, five itty bitty green Constructicons! Neat.
Woops! I meant to include the whole set, thought Rampage was an extra and now that you mention it my extra Rampage is red not green so... yeah, this oversite will be corrected in the next shipment. With Kup's head or Tracks or Wreck Gar or whatever our next deal winds up being.
Haha, I thought so. Do you have his instructions laying around? Those would also be nice. :P (I don't know if Hasbro's website has them up, I haven't checked. Being unable to complete it, y'know.) Are the brown paint marks your doing, or did he come like that?
They're as is from the store (no customizing), I think I have the instructions somewhere. I'll look around.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Onslaught Six wrote:Have you ever thought of deleting any of it? I mean, for a while there I would routinely clean out some of my stuff when I didn't actually need it. Do I need the entirety of Metallica's discography? Probably not, and if I decide I need any given song I can always just go and redownload it.
Thing is, I had been putting off the need for one of these things via said routine cleanings. Mostly anime I was done with and movies I was only gonna watch once. But eventually things just got too amassed to delay the inevitable (getting more Kamen Rider series didn't help), plus I'm kind of a waffling packrat when it comes to this stuff anyway, so I would never be able to get myself to delete *enough* stuff in the long run.
Mirage
Gestalt Combiner

Post by Mirage »

Birthday Haul: Thundertank, Thunderracer w/ Tygra, and Deluxe Mumm-Ra. Thundertank's okay, I thought it was supposed to make different sounds depending on which 'Cat you put into it. Not so much, it's always Lion-O's voice no matter what. Weaksauce, I say. It also likes to split into its component parts way too easily. The Thunderracer is okay-- pretty much is what it is. Mumm-Ra's kind of fun, despite the obtrusive wing assembly.

The best part was after the gift-giving, my daughter wanted me to play My Little Pony with her (she got a much bigger birthday haul than me ;) ) so I had the Thundertank roll into Ponyville because the 'Cats were looking for Snarf. That adventure wrapped up pretty quickly, but the 'Cats got invited to the Royal Gala (based on her favorite FiM episode) when HOLY SHIT MUMM-RA ATTACKED. The 'Cats were helpless (Lion-O forgot the Sword of Omens in my toy room) but Twilight Sparkle used her magic to stop him... the first time. Soon afterward, Mumm-Ra attacked again, but this time my daughter had taken over the character, so there was no damn stopping him. He pretty much trashed everyone in sight, stabbing Lion-O repeatedly while he screamed for Twilight Sparkle's help, and her magic was no use this time. And then... well, it was time to go to bed, so I'll have to let you know how it all works out tomorrow.
I disappear.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Trade from TFW yeilded Titaniums 6" G1 Ultra Magnus and WST Red Alert. I've been curious about UM since I saw it... and I'm underwhelmed. I at least expected everything to peg together to stay in place but it doesn't.
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Post by donosaur »

Warpath!

Also hi, how is everyone?
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Been all right. Good to hear from you, man. How you been?
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.