IT IS TIME TO TALK ABOUT HALLOWEEN

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

IT IS TIME TO TALK ABOUT HALLOWEEN

Post by donosaur »

What is everybody doing? Costumes? Parties? Tricks or treats?

I've just gotten settled into a house with a roommate and his pet pig and a big back yard and we've offered to host a halloween bash here, but I have no idea what to be. I was Freddie Mercury and Nikola Tesla last year (gotta make the most of havin that moustache), but no good costumes have presented themselves this year. I'm almost considering trying to build something impressive. Maybe a transformer costume? Not sure if I have the time or money for that though. My other idea was the Rocketeer, but that requires a lot of custom built props too.

What's everybody else got planned?
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: IT IS TIME TO TALK ABOUT HALLOWEEN

Post by Dominic »

Dressing up as a creepy ring master to scare teh bejeezus out of little kids in the area. I might also give out candy.

Dom
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

On Halloween proper, I dunno, what with it being a Sunday and all. Just in case I took the first week of November off, so whatever happens, I'm ready.

Now the night before Halloween, my favorite band that's still together will be playing, so it's off to the Electric Six show for me. I'm considering rigging up a Gay Lincoln costume for the show (like Don said, you gotta make the facial hair work for ya).

Man, I love Halloween.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I hate Halloween. I'll buy myself some candy, and sit inside enjoying it with the porch lights out so the neighborhood kids don't ring the doorbell. :twisted:
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I love Halloween, but my plans this year... I have no plans. I'll either be moving into my house or putting the finishing touches on rennovating it.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

You should hide in the house, occasionally running out to frighten little kids in the area.
I've just gotten settled into a house with a roommate and his pet pig and a big back yard and we've offered to host a halloween bash here,
Damn, you have some cool friends. A pet pig? Damn.

Dom
-still wants a dog.
Last edited by Dominic on Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Dominic wrote:
I've just gotten settled into a house with a roommate and his pet pig and a big back yard and we've offered to host a halloween bash here,
Damn, you have some cook friends. A pet pig? Damn.
I think "cool" is the word you were looking for. Hope so, because otherwise, in that context, it's not looking good for the pig.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

I honestly cannot think of what to go as. I keep thinking of going as one of the ghosts from Pac Mac since I love those little guys. Just drape a big colored sheet over an umbrella to get the right shape and there you go. Done. My friends all want me to go as Riff Raff from Rocky Horror because I can do his voice at the drop of a hat. I've been invited to a movie fest, going to the pumpkin patch this weekend, checking out the renovated haunted deaf school in Salem, Or (supposed to be a new episode of Extreme Home Makeover about it), maybe go to the Halloween dance at the college since it'll be my last chance and I've never been. Might drag a co-worker along. Um... yeah, it's a tad busy :D
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

My extended family's having a get-together, and they're a cool bunch, so I'll be going to that. I'm thinking I'd like to go as Uncle Sam, but I'm not sure how possible it'll be for me to get that costume together. I'll have to look around when I get the chance.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I was going to go all-out and be Protomen-style Protoman, but I can't find a motorcycle helmet that's suitable and cheap that I can paint. Shit sucks. Plus, I have no event to go to.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.