Hasbro Q&A round 11 thread

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Hasbro Q&A round 11 thread

Post by JediTricks »

We need questions for the next round of Q&A! After the confusion from this last round, there seems to be a need for a little spring cleaning on how we deal with it.

This thread will be here to take all your potential questions. You can submit your own, or vote for existing ones as the submissions are added to this opening post (they will be numbered). The submission date for round 11 questions is June 28th.

Also, keep in mind that Hasbro won't answer questions about future products or the next movie or about the cartoon yet, so some questions may not get added right away. We'll try to "bulletproof" any and all submissions though to make them the best they can be.

Thanks for participating!
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Hasbro Q&A round 11 thread

Post by Shockwave »

JediTricks wrote:Also, keep in mind that Hasbro won't answer questions about future products or the next movie or about the cartoon yet, so some questions may not get added right away. We'll try to "bulletproof" any and all submissions though to make them the best they can be.
That doesn't really leave much open to ask then other than the usual "Are there any plans to make character X into a toy?" And I really don't wanna be "that guy". There are a few I could ask about, but, meh, I'll wait.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Well, there's stuff about previous design decisions. Or, hey, questions about upcoming figures that *have* been announced. Dom was wondering if Banzai-Tron's swords will really have paint on the hilts (or paint in the blades) and the effect that would actually have--that'd actually be a pretty good question.

1) We've got pics now of ROTF Bludgeon redecoed as Banzai-Tron. This is awesome on a lot of levels. However, the stock photos show Banzai-Tron with black paint on the sword hilts. Some fans have theorized that, if the hilts are painted black, the paint will scrape off when the swords are put in Bludgeon's hand. Another concern is that the typical budget may not allow for such paintapps. Will the black hilts remain true for the final figure, or will the final figure simply have entirely blue swords without any paint?
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

1) I wonder if Hasbro can't find a slightly stronger plastic for swords. I realize that they're going for safety with the soft plastic, but we end up with warped swords that way. Vector Prime is a good example, and ROTF Bludgeon is another.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

That's not in the form of a question at all!

Wasn't there a recent figure who did a much better job of this kinda thing than Bludgeon?
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

The MOTUC line has pretty solid swords. But that's mattel, not Hasbro. Energon Starscream has a solid sword, but that's the most recent thing I can think of.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I remember a review mentioning swords that were solider than Bludgeon's. Hrmm.

EnerScream's sword was only so solid because it was also a gun, and it was huge.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Yeah, probably not the best example, just the best I could think of. Alts Grimlock and Wheeljack? Too far back. I'm trying to think of one in the last year or so.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Onslaught Six wrote:That's not in the form of a question at all!
Well, all questions get rewritten before submission anyway, so I just went with it. :mrgreen:
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

3) Jazz's Hall of Fame nomination profile mentions that he was Orion Pax's best friend. Orion Pax has only ever had one best friend, and that was Dion, a character from the G1 cartoon episode "War Dawn," who gets shot alongside Orion Pax and Ariel, who (obviously) became Optimus Prime and Elita-One. Some people have taken this new piece of information to indicate Dion was rebuilt into Jazz, which is a departure from some fans' assumption that Dion gets rebuilt into Ironhide or Ultra Magnus. So what is Hasbro's stance now? Does Dion get rebuilt into Jazz? Ultra Magnus? Ironhide? Or does he just die?