Video Games are awesome

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: Video Games are awesome

Post by Sparky Prime »

BWprowl wrote:Hot balls, that's 'slow' to you? I played most of the weekend too (though I was at my parents' house not playing for a part of Sunday), and I barely beat the second Gym last night, my dudes all being in the 20-22 level range. And judging from the levels of guys along the next route, I'll need to grind a bit before going any further.
Is that fast? I've been seeing people saying they're at (or even past) the Elite Four already, so I thought I've been pretty slow going. I have to say once I got past the second Gym, the next 4 Gyms just seemed to fly by... But still, I don't feel like I've been going that fast through the game. I spent some time going back to some previous areas last night now that I have fly, surf and the good rod. Feel like I should level grind a bit before the next Gym as well since the trainers on the routes lately have become a bit more difficult as well.
and messed around with new features like the Super Training (Pokemon-Amie less so), but otherwise I've been trucking along.
I haven't done anything with Super Training yet, but Pokemon-Amie I've spent a few minutes on to get Eevee to evolve into Sylveon.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

You mind me asking how many hours you've logged on that thing? I'm up to about 12, and like I said, just barely past the second Gym. Now I'm worried that I might just really suck at Pokeymans and should just quit now, or something.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

BWprowl wrote:You mind me asking how many hours you've logged on that thing? I'm up to about 12, and like I said, just barely past the second Gym. Now I'm worried that I might just really suck at Pokeymans and should just quit now, or something.
Why would you want to quit, it sounds like you're having fun and making progress, it's no big deal if you don't get through it at the same pace as anyone else. I'm thoroughly convinced that I generally suck at all video games but that doesn't stop me from playing them because I still have fun.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

BWprowl wrote:You mind me asking how many hours you've logged on that thing? I'm up to about 12, and like I said, just barely past the second Gym. Now I'm worried that I might just really suck at Pokeymans and should just quit now, or something.
Actually, I think I was at about 12 hours around the time I was at the second Gym. Let me see what I'm at currently... 20:58. So yeah, I've put in a lot of time already.
Shockwave wrote:Why would you want to quit, it sounds like you're having fun and making progress, it's no big deal if you don't get through it at the same pace as anyone else.
Exactly. You're doing fine Prowl. I honestly don't know how some people have passed the Elite Four already...
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Sparky Prime wrote:I honestly don't know how some people have passed the Elite Four already...
I suspect it's one of two things: 1: Professional video gamers who's job it is to blog or whatever about new games so they do nothing but eat sleep and drink said new game while the rest of us have real jobs. Of
2: Gamers who just have no life outside of gaming and just game 24/7, thus allowing them to reach higher levels "faster" (I put that in quotes because at the end of the day they probably spent as much time as everyone else, it was just all at once rather than cumulative).
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Shockwave wrote:I suspect it's one of two things: 1: Professional video gamers who's job it is to blog or whatever about new games so they do nothing but eat sleep and drink said new game while the rest of us have real jobs.
Well these are people on other message boards like ours...
2: Gamers who just have no life outside of gaming and just game 24/7, thus allowing them to reach higher levels "faster" (I put that in quotes because at the end of the day they probably spent as much time as everyone else, it was just all at once rather than cumulative).
That would be my guess.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

I beat the Elite Four and Champion today. Ending sequence is a bit different from the previous games, which I thought was refreshing. I wont spoil things, but they make a bigger deal out of you becoming Champion. Yet apparently I'm still not stylish enough to enter the clothing store in Lumiose City. :/

Anyway, time for post game!
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

I decided to finish collecting the red rings in Sonic Colors today and unlock Super Sonic. I only had I think 12 to go from whenever I last played the game. The second ring in act 4 of Aquarium Park is a pain in the ass to get!! You have to target the laser wisp just right 3 times in a row to get it, and the wisps don't re-spawn in that section to give you a second try if you mess up so you either have to restart the stage or kill yourself.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

This is how Pokemon games start; the beginning is hard as hell and boring as fuck with all the grinding. After the second gym, things open up and you start getting into the "plot dungeons," which throw lots of decently-leveled trainers and terrorist grunts at you, making grinding for levels against wild Pokemon a much less exhausting process. Once the world starts to open up and converge back onto itself with revisiting other areas and taking different routes, that's when it really starts to become easy to level dudes up.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Onslaught Six wrote:This is how Pokemon games start; the beginning is hard as hell and boring as fuck with all the grinding.
I'd say that really depends on the starter you choose and what the first gym or two's types are. The first generation for example made it really easy with Bulbasaur, who is strong against both rock and water. But it was much more difficult if you choose Charmander who is weak to both of those types. Until Gen 3 gave Charmander metal claw at least, then Brock was a joke to all 3 starters.