Spring 2020 Hauls!!

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Fall 2018 hauls

Post by Shockwave »

Been starting a G1 collection, starting in order of release year. To that end: Takara collection Jazz, Sideswipe and Prowl with Hound on the way. E-hobby and Encore reissues of Ratchet and Ironhide and chrome Bluestreak. KO Reissue Mirage and a G1 Mirage (for parts recasting). Huffer, Brawn Windcharger and Gears. For my Bluestreak... Diaclone blue Bluestreak. Yeah. There was a decent one on ebay and the money was available so I decided I wanted to have something truly unique in my collection. When Hound come in, that will round out my 84 Autobots. I also have all the 84 Decepticons.

Also Siege Optimus and Megatron came in and they're pretty good. I highly recommend them, but the panel holding Megatron's head doesn't peg or tab into anything which means it kinda sinks into his chest a little.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Shockwave wrote:Been starting a G1 collection, starting in order of release year. To that end: Takara collection Jazz, Sideswipe and Prowl with Hound on the way. E-hobby and Encore reissues of Ratchet and Ironhide and chrome Bluestreak. KO Reissue Mirage and a G1 Mirage (for parts recasting). Huffer, Brawn Windcharger and Gears. For my Bluestreak... Diaclone blue Bluestreak. Yeah. There was a decent one on ebay and the money was available so I decided I wanted to have something truly unique in my collection. When Hound come in, that will round out my 84 Autobots. I also have all the 84 Decepticons.
Very nice! I have all the 1984 bots myself, and it's a mix of the ones I had when I was a kid with Takara and Hasbro reissues, plus a few vintage figures picked up on Ebay. I don't have a blue Bluestreak, but would love to get one at some point.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

andersonh1 wrote:
Shockwave wrote:Been starting a G1 collection, starting in order of release year. To that end: Takara collection Jazz, Sideswipe and Prowl with Hound on the way. E-hobby and Encore reissues of Ratchet and Ironhide and chrome Bluestreak. KO Reissue Mirage and a G1 Mirage (for parts recasting). Huffer, Brawn Windcharger and Gears. For my Bluestreak... Diaclone blue Bluestreak. Yeah. There was a decent one on ebay and the money was available so I decided I wanted to have something truly unique in my collection. When Hound come in, that will round out my 84 Autobots. I also have all the 84 Decepticons.
Very nice! I have all the 1984 bots myself, and it's a mix of the ones I had when I was a kid with Takara and Hasbro reissues, plus a few vintage figures picked up on Ebay. I don't have a blue Bluestreak, but would love to get one at some point.
Diaclones in general tend to be pricey. Unfortunately I don't still have any of the ones I had from my childhood, everything is Frankensteined together with originals and reissues. It's cool that you still have some from your childhood.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Walmart exclusive Fracture. I think this is the third time I've had this figure. I reckon I won't be happy until I've owned and customized every one of them lol :lol:
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

MP 29+. Because of course I did. Finally the toy accurate shade of purple for MP Shockwave. Some interesting observations: The "hose" on the original is gray, here it is the same purple color as Shockwave. The "hose" on miniwave is plastic where as it was string on the original. The Eye is an orangeish shade rather than yellow. I might swap them out if it's easy enough. The hands are a shade darker as well. Other than that, some toy. Still loving it. Oh, and it came with no stickers. There are logos on the undersides of each arm, but they're so dark, you can barely see them.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Arrived today: Golden Age Batman omnibus vol 6, which reprints stories through November 1949. I now have the first decade of Batman sitting on my bookshelf, and we're just about done with the 1940s. Flipping through the book, it's the first two appearances of the Riddler, who won't be back until the 60s, more Joker (of course), the 10th anniversary story where Bruce learns that his parents' killer was Joe Chill, and Two Face is back for the first time in a number of years.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Shockwave wrote:MP 29+. Because of course I did. Finally the toy accurate shade of purple for MP Shockwave. Some interesting observations: The "hose" on the original is gray, here it is the same purple color as Shockwave. The "hose" on miniwave is plastic where as it was string on the original. The Eye is an orangeish shade rather than yellow. I might swap them out if it's easy enough. The hands are a shade darker as well. Other than that, some toy. Still loving it. Oh, and it came with no stickers. There are logos on the undersides of each arm, but they're so dark, you can barely see them.
Is that him on the front page of TFW2005? Looks like a great version of Shockwave!

I have an original Shockwave, bought on Ebay years ago. Knees don't lock very well, but the electronics still work. And I have an Action Master Shockwave. Not to sure about the orange accents on that one.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

andersonh1 wrote:
Shockwave wrote:MP 29+. Because of course I did. Finally the toy accurate shade of purple for MP Shockwave. Some interesting observations: The "hose" on the original is gray, here it is the same purple color as Shockwave. The "hose" on miniwave is plastic where as it was string on the original. The Eye is an orangeish shade rather than yellow. I might swap them out if it's easy enough. The hands are a shade darker as well. Other than that, some toy. Still loving it. Oh, and it came with no stickers. There are logos on the undersides of each arm, but they're so dark, you can barely see them.
Is that him on the front page of TFW2005? Looks like a great version of Shockwave!

I have an original Shockwave, bought on Ebay years ago. Knees don't lock very well, but the electronics still work. And I have an Action Master Shockwave. Not to sure about the orange accents on that one.
That's him alright, and those are some GOOD pics of him. The logos on the arms seem more pronounced in those pics, on mine, I can barely see them. Which for me is just as well since I'm not a huge fan of the cartoon logos. I have two G1 Shockwaves, one of which I'm going to sell because the lights don't work. And on Action Master I sometimes color the orange parts silver. I haven't on the current one that I have, but that could change at any moment.
andersonh1

Re: Winter 2018-19 Hauls

Post by andersonh1 »

Interesting and unplanned purchase today, thanks to overstock books at Ollie's Discount: Silver Age Suicide Squad omnibus vol. 1 (though apparently it's the only volume, so why "vol 1"?). $10 for a book with a $50 cover price is not bad at all, and there are a lot of DC reprints I'm not interested in at full price, or half, that I'd sample if they were this cheap.

The sixties Suicide Squad is not the collection of criminals forced to work for the government that the modern version is. It's four individuals, led by Rick Flag, who take on, of course, suicide missions. All four are survivors who carry on for those who died. Rick Flag was a WW2 pilot who was the sole survivor of a bombing run on a Japanese carrier. Karin was a nurse who survived a plane crash by floating on a wing out in the Pacific. Jess Bright and Dr. Evans are scientists who survived an atomic test. The first story has them fighting a giant monster, and judging by the cover and the table of contents, they fight a lot of dinosaurs down the road. So far it's fun retro sci-fi action, and certainly worth what I paid for it. At 350 pages it's also less than half the size of every other omnibus on my bookshelf.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: Winter 2018-19 Hauls

Post by JediTricks »

Siege Megatron - It appeared in package that this didn't have the limping head problem the other versions do, so I bought it to find out. It indeed does not, although it still suffers the problematic right ankle joint of the others, but the head panel is on a very stiff joint and won't sink down at all on its own, which is nice. This is an interesting G1 representation of the character, a bit lazy in its tank mode perhaps, and needlessly convoluted transformation for something so simple, but confidently Megatron with a nice fusion cannon to match. Strangely, the box on mine doesn't have the UV additions.

Star Wars Black Series Han Solo Mimban - excellent 6" figure from Solo: A Star Wars Story, of Han as a Mudtrooper, with 5 accessories and the ability to cover up to become a generic army builder. Good sculpt, paint, poseability, the works.

Star Wars Black Series Battle Droid - pretty good 6" figure of the original tan Battle Droid. Spindly and well-jointed, its top-heavy design does make free-standing it a bit difficult, but it's got an extra joint for folding up the neck the way it did in the film which adds a lot. Hips could use more range of motion, though.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?