Spring 2020 Hauls!!

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Spring 2020 Hauls!!

Post by Dominic »

Not much to report. But, it is time to start a fall thread.

-a few Bandai "Mega Man 66" figures. These stand ~2.5 inches tall, and are meant to be ~$5. (But, as imports, they are generally $10-$12.) I discovered and collected a set of wave 1 figures last year. Since then, I have been customizing them. Everything I have picked up lately has a date with a paintbrush.

-customized a Mega Man to have a shinier dark blue (using technical paint). This nicely compliments the custom paint Rush figure and energy tanks. (Originally, I used the blue technical paint to pick out details on the copy robot. But, it works too well to not use on other figures)

-customized a "Titans Return" Ptero to have colors more like Swoop or the "Dinosaur Robo" pre-Swoop figure. (Swoops colors are the least consistent of all the Dinobots. So, take that for what it means.) The base figure has a blue torso and limbs painted to resemble the original Swoop figure. The vehicle is red and silver.

-customized a Sludge figure to be the "Dinosaur Robo" pre-Sludge. This because pre-Sludge has a red torso (like Sludge), most of the work on this figure was picking out details and covering up the Autobot sigils. I also used red technical paint to give the torso a gloss.

-replaced my "Dinosaur Robo" pre-Swoop. Helpful hint: If you want to cusomtize "Power of the Primes" Swoop, do not try to remove the heat. The ball-joint peg broke. What was meant to be a simple head swap (as I wanted to redo the paint work on the head) ended up requiting me to completely redo most of the figure (using the copy I was going to harvest the replacement head from).

At this point, my "Dinosaur Robo" custom set is nearly done. I complete Slag when there was still snow on the ground, followed not long after by Strafe and Slash. Wrapped up Snarl earlier in the summer.

The only core member of the team that I need to work on is Grimlock (my least favorite of the current figres). If I find a Clobber for a reasonable price, I will customize one.

Possible flourishes:

-use the currently headless Swoop as a body for Ptero. This will require modifying the neck-socket to hold a headmaster.

-get another Grimlock to use as a base for a headmaster Overkill.

-G2 colors for Grimloack, Slag and Snarl (possible Sludge and Swoop).
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Fall 2018 hauls

Post by Shockwave »

Recent hauls! Power of the Primes Blast Off, Nova Star, Grotusque and Repugnuss. My CW Bruticus finally looks correct, why they didn't just release him originally is beyond me. I do like how you can reverse him so that the shuttle part is the chest or you can just use the CW front chest. He can look like either the original toy or cartoon. The others are fairly decent as well particularly the Monsterbots, I like how they were able to get three distinct characters out of the same mold (or heavily retooled mold).

Japanese reissue Thundercracker and Skywarp. I'm planning to start trying to replicate parts again. The eventual goal is to fill the hole left by Transrepro several years back. Wish me luck.
An actual, G1 original Shockwave. I should have read the item description, the lights don't work. Everything else is in perfect shape though.
Henkei Hound and Ravage,
Henkei Ghost Starscream
2 part silicone mold epoxy
2 part plastic
syringes and replacement needles for injection
A new HVAC unit (mine crapped out this summer and it's taken me this long to get it replaced).
Animated Shockwave in both purple and gray.
shirts! Star trek TNG polos, a Skeletor shirt, the Megarton hockey jersey, and a Skywarp box art shirt
4 new pairs of pants
MOTU Classics Beast Man
God of War for PS4 and Dark Souls Remastered for PS4.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

A Shockwave shirt
Power of the Primes Punch Counterpunch and Wreck Gar.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I went looking for G1 reissues in Wal-Mart today and came away with Starscream. It was him or Hot Rod, because that lovely Devastator box set was more than I had on me. But I'll be back for the other two. G1 reissues really hit the sweet spot for me when it comes to collecting.

Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

andersonh1 wrote:I went looking for G1 reissues in Wal-Mart today and came away with Starscream. It was him or Hot Rod, because that lovely Devastator box set was more than I had on me. But I'll be back for the other two. G1 reissues really hit the sweet spot for me when it comes to collecting.

Nice! Wish I saw that at my local WM. I have Starscream and I was able to get two spares of Hot Rod online. No luck on Dev or the minibots.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I knew it wouldn't be too long, went back and bought one of the Hot Rod reissues. It looks great, even if he is sitting backwards in the box! Every Devastator box set had sold out. I don't think there were more than four or five on the shelf, but every last one is gone.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Unite warriors Computron, TFCC Punch/Counterpunch and Mego-style Diamond select Star Trek figures: Kirk, Spock, Scotty Sulu Chekov and Uhura with Bones on the way. Also got an Alexa. Swore I'd never get one, but the girlfriend and I went looking for music players and speakers and it seemed like the best option.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Shout factory Transformers: Generation One complete set on DVD. Not the Matrix version because that one was too pricey. Also, a Nintendo Switch. And Dark Souls remastered and Minecraft. I've wanted one for a long time and it seemed like a good time to get one. I'm really enjoying it so far.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

He-Man Masters of the Universe 30th anniversary dvd set. Contains the original cartoon, the New Adventures and the 200X update. Also included a cd with the soundtrack on it! Score! Literally Score! (sorry, couldn't resist)

Action Master Shockwave. Never had a complete one before and Fistfight is... underwhelming, but it's Action Masters, what are ya gonna do?
Universe Blackarachnia and Beast Wars version 1 Tarantulas (the one I had was a knock off).

A ten gallon tank, a heating pad and dirt for my tarantula. She molted on the 19th and she's twice as big so she needs a much bigger enclosure. This is the final one she'll be in.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Star Wars Rogue One Imperial Combat Assault Tank - this is a really fantastic vehicle, so much detail, so many parts, so much paint and care. $80 MSRP wasn't something I could swing, but I couldn't say no at $48.50. This is a GI Joe:ARAH vehicle at its heart and it's worthy of appreciating.

So many Hot Wheels basics lately, this is becoming my new thing, it was already my old thing. :P
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?