SUMMER hauls 2018

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
andersonh1

Spring hauls 2017

Post by andersonh1 »

Just arrived: Justice League of America Silver Age omnibus vol. 2. I've now got the entire Silver Age run of JLA sitting on my bookshelf, and in a much easier way and in higher quality than trying to track down a bunch of floppies. I have a couple of random Justice League archives, so since they're redundant, maybe I'll see what I can sell them for and clear a little space on my shelf.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Winter hauls 2017

Post by Shockwave »

Nintendo 2DS, Spy Vs Spy for NES, Dr Mario for GBA, and Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. Really enjoying this Zelda game, it's fun to go back and visit familiar areas of Hyrule from Link to the Past while preparing for a new adventure. And the mechanic of using the walls to travel is really interesting and fun.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

So there was a random toy con here yesterday and of course, hauls! Got an original Shackwave for $55 in pretty good shape too, hardly any hose crack at all. Universe Cyclonus, Titans Return Brainstorm, Combiner Wars deluxe Groove, two SW BLack series Imperial royal guards and black series Captain Phasma, also got a 25th anniversary R2D2 that was all chrome because one can never have too many Astromechs. Also got a Cliffjumper keychain, legends Hound and a G1 Transformers puzzle. Not back considering there wasn't anything I was really looking for.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

So I had a birthday on Monday and as such, HAULS!!

Parents went to Disneyland last week and got me an Astromech droid from the Droid Factory thing they have there, complete with mouse ears. Also, the bluetooth TNG Communicator pin that was sold on Thinkgeek. It's pretty awesome! I also went to Toys R Us and saw the Titans Return Chaos on Velocitron set. It has Quickswitch, Nautica, Fastclash (an update of Fastlane), a Rodimus Prime titan master head, and G2 Voyager Optimus Prime. Quickswitch's head is remolded onto the Sixshot TR body and it works. It's good enough that it doesn't feel like I just have two versions of Sixshot. Nautica uses the Blurr mold and has added VTOL "wings" on the sides and also again with the remolded head. I like it. I like the Blurr mold in general anyway and this was a good use of it. Fastclash is roughly scout sized or really small deluxe. Really simple transformation, but then there was never much to the clone transformations in G1 anyway. It's not bad for what it is. Overall, I'm glad I got this set and no plans to sell any of it. I mention this only because I often have times when I'll get figures, particularly Transformers and then I'll regret it, either by wishing I had other versions of the character, not being impressed with the toy in general or thinking about other stuff I could have spent my money on. I certainly don't feel that here, so yeah, I would recommend the set, as I felt like I got my money's worth.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

MP-36 Megatron. He's pretty awesome and scales perfectly with MP-10 and the others. He just arrived this morning before work so I'll post thoughts later after I've had a chance to fiddle. So far I'm pretty impressed though.
andersonh1

Re: Spring hauls 2017

Post by andersonh1 »

In a nice bit of timing, the day after I finished one omnibus, the next one arrives from Amazon. Batman, the Golden Age omnibus vol. 3 which contains, among other things, the first appearance of Alfred. Contains stories from April 1943 to October 1944, so the three volumes published so far have collected the first five years of Batman.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

andersonh1 wrote:Two fun little purchases today: Titans Return Gnaw, a great little remake of the original G1 Sharkticon figure, and also what has to be the first Hot Wheels car I've bought in 30 years: the 1960s Batmobile, for the grand old price of 94c. I couldn't pass it up.
On that Batmobile, does it have black-on-black flames? I picked one up recently that did, it's subtle. I had to sharpie-out the white ™ next to the batsymbol on the doors tho, that was unacceptable.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

JediTricks wrote:
andersonh1 wrote:Two fun little purchases today: Titans Return Gnaw, a great little remake of the original G1 Sharkticon figure, and also what has to be the first Hot Wheels car I've bought in 30 years: the 1960s Batmobile, for the grand old price of 94c. I couldn't pass it up.
On that Batmobile, does it have black-on-black flames? I picked one up recently that did, it's subtle. I had to sharpie-out the white ™ next to the batsymbol on the doors tho, that was unacceptable.
I haven't opened it, but from what I can tell it's pretty much black, clear and gray plastic with chrome rims and red/white paint for the stripes and bat emblem on the doors.

JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Ah, mine was on a regular HW card which is why it has the black on black flames, they'd show up in your photo if it was there. Also, mine have modern rims which aren't as good as yours. And the ™ on mine was even bigger. This one: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... 0,320_.jpg
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Hot Wheels character car Grievous - half price at Gamestop. Neat design even though it's mostly just a character head car. They went with the Tyrrell 6-wheel formula one car layout, which was interesting because of his multiple limbs, and went with lightsabers up front.

6" Jyn Erso - $5 at Gamestop, the figure has a bit of a doll's face for the head, but is otherwise nicely designed, if a bit unstable because of the narrow legs and joints.

Disney Parks Chopper droid factory figure - a buddy picked this up for me at SW Celebration, and it's SO much better than the Hasbro version. It's on the droid factory system so the dome and legs come off, it comes with his beloved matching left leg as a separate accessory, and his center wheel is removable and swappable with his booster rocket. And his dome has his tiny arms, and they're removable and rotate at the shoulder, and hinged at the elbow and wrist. It's great.