Hauls from the back half of 2016!!

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: Summer Hauls

Post by JediTricks »

2015 Hyundai Sonata - a certified pre-owned with a full warranty.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

JediTricks wrote:2015 Hyundai Sonata - a certified pre-owned with a full warranty.
Nice! After I drove a Toyota Tercel that lasted for 15 years and 272,000 miles, I'm a die-hard Toyota enthusiast. But Hyundais are good cars too. I hope you enjoy driving it, and that it's reliable transportation for you. :)
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Thanks! My family and I have had almost every major brand out there, we're not really committed to any one of them. Only brand we haven't had is Honda, of all strange things. Anyway, so far, the Hyundai is very nice, it drives well and is comfortable, looks nice too.

Birthday hauls:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" - nice, lightweight, a big upgrade from my 4-year-old 8.9 version (it's still a good tablet, it's just gotten slow from updates and whatnot).
- $50 Bed Bath and Beyond gift card
- new desk chair
- USB Bluetooth 4.0 adapter
- Sees candy
- Disneyland Annual Passholder and D23 exclusive pins
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Tablet stand

Titans Return Chromedome - a bit meh in the design category, and the lack of paint on Stylor is irritating, but it captures the character

Star Wars The Black Series 6" Finn - down to $10, which was my grab point. Figure's pretty good, but likeness is too asymmetrical.

Trunk organizer

Pants hangers
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I came across a nice find in the used bookstore today. The Titan books collection of what looked to be Marvel's entire G1 run was on the shelf. I couldn't afford them all, but what I did bring home were the two volumes collecting the Generation 2 series. Transformers: Dark Designs and Transformers: Rage in Heaven, each collecting six issues of the Generation 2 series. The books are hardback, and it looks like they had access to the original art files, because there's none of that "scanned in" look we got from IDW when they reprinted Dreamwave's Transformers series. The art is nice and clean, and the colors really pop on this coated paper. The GI Joe issues that detail Megatron being rebuilt in his G2 tank form are not included, but one of the covers is shown alongside the section of the introduction that mentions them. Simon Furman contributes an intro, and so do each of the artists.

I've wanted the G2 series in collected form for a long time, so I'm glad I saw these on the shelf.

I also picked up "The Complete Peanuts 1969-1970", so I now have the first ten volumes in that series covering 1950-1970. Peanuts has always been my favorite comic strip, and Fantagraphics has been reprinting them all for some time now. I think they've actually finished all 50 years worth of strips, so I'm a little behind, but my plan is to get them all eventually. I'm trying to read the entire strip in order, and it is interesting to see characters like Schroder or Linus show up as babies, and then grow up until they're pretty much the same age or just a little younger than existing characters. The kids' ages are all kind of nebulous anyway.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Star Wars Force FX series RotJ Luke Skywalker Lightsaber. Found one at TRU last month and put it on lay away. Didn't really have to, but it had been a particularly spend heavy month with TR dropping all at once. So I paid it off this month. This is the more expensive version with the longer blade and way more LEDs. Not crazy about the display stand on this one. It's just a curved piece of acrylic that either the hilt can rest on or the blade can poke through. I don't use the blade version to display it because it basically puts all the weight on the blade. The display for the Darth Vader one is way better.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Japanese Blackarachnia (the latest one remolded from the Animated one), Transmetal Tarantulas (both versions), RID Megatron and Galvatron. Halloween is approaching and I decided to decorate TF style! Still waiting on Animated and Transmetal Blackarachnia. I've had most of these before, the Japanese Blackarachnia is the only that's really new and that's mostly just because of the remolded parts. Instead of the pedipalps looking more like fangs and filling in the torso, these essentially just cover the chest in bot mode, designed to look like the cartoon version. And the head was similarly remolded as well. It pulls it off pretty good, looking very much like the cartoon model in bot mode.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Animated and Transmetal II Blackarachnia. I think the only TF spider I don't have is an official original Tarantulas and the "Crystal Widow" Universe Blackarachnia. I may pick up the Universe version but I'm not exactly burning to get either one of those. I have a knock off Tarantulas that's actually pretty close to the original.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Found a retro game store nearby. Got Battleship, Super Mario 3 and Super Mario World for the Gameboy advance SP, Star Trek TNG and Ninja Gaiden II for NES and the Megaman X collection for PS2.
andersonh1

Re: Fall Hauls!!

Post by andersonh1 »

Everyone check your local Wal-Mart. Mine had a "rollback" on prices for deluxe class figures to $9.99, so at that price, I bit. Got the lone Skullsmasher and Grax, who hung on the peg among a few Blurrs, a Hardhead or two, and a ton of Scourge. Review will follow later on.