Hauls from the back half of 2016!!

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
andersonh1

Re: Summer Hauls

Post by andersonh1 »

Batman V Superman, ultimate edition. The extra 30 minutes or so are scattered all through the movie, and they really do smooth over and elaborate on some plot points. I had no problem following the theatrical version, but the extended version is absolutely an improvement.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Titans Return Scourge, Blurr, Skullsmasher and Hardhead. This should be it for TFs for a while. I had the TR line preordered at BBTS, but did not expect the whole thing to drop at once.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Diamond Select Ray Stantz - completing the Ghostbusters. He comes with the goggles, but I also gave him the PKE meter. His section of the display is the far right angled corner with small obelisk, connects with my other pieces, looks nice. The rounded feet on these has seen a lot of fall-downs tho, Peter's beam finally broke off, I contacted DST for replacement.

Hot Wheels Star Wars Jango Fett - very nice, interesting mid-engine sports car with a retro look. No lineage at all to the Boba Fett ratrod. Colors are good, though they didn't use chrome to carry the look it's still shiny. And it's subtle rather than garish.

Titans Return Rewind - not bad for what it is, though the big arms don't fit well. Looks a lot better than the data disk version, the last one I have. Paint is alright too. Vehicle mode is quaint. Main alt mode is a digital voice recorder/phone meant with its screen mimicking a tape voice recorder, a clever way of getting the classic tape look in there.

Titan Masters Crashbash - the instructions are so vague and the desired outcome unclear, once I figured out what goes where it's really fun in dragon mode and dino mode. The head is interesting, but the face is too small. Colors don't mesh with Galvatron unfortunately. Weapon mode is silly and the peg is too thick, gets stuck in 5mm hands, doesn't stay attached to figure well.

Titan Masters Terri-Bull - not quite as satisfying as previous, but alright. The tank mode is nifty, little ride-on tank with elevating pairs of guns. Plane mode is ok, character integrates as the rear fins, they're thick. Head sized better than previous, but the look is very plain, not remotely decepticon "evil". Weapon mode is mostly a plane with wings folded up.

Titans Return Galvatron - at first I was really dismayed at this figure, it's woefully hollow, it has needless cheapness in the articulation, it the mask doesn't work well, and both alt modes are dubious. But it has some charm once I spent more time with it, and the alt modes aren't so bad with a little work. There are a lot of issues, but it's not terrible.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

TF Titans Return Wheelie - this is a tough one, there are a number of issues, but on the whole it gets it right, and the ability to actually have a Titan Master drive the vehicle mode is charming.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Titans Return Hardhead - this is as generic as you can get with a Transformer that has a little man turning into his head. Once I got past the initial shock of a pretty basic transformation, hollow forearms, and a few other oddities, this has some fun to it. The alt mode is pretty tight, flat, GI Joe-ish. The main weapon opens up in the back to seat a Titan Master, and has a pair of pegs so another can stand behind him (there are another 4 pegs for TMs to stand on in vehicle mode). Robot mode is... fine. ;)
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

JediTricks wrote:TF Titans Return Wheelie - this is a tough one, there are a number of issues, but on the whole it gets it right, and the ability to actually have a Titan Master drive the vehicle mode is charming.
How does this figure compare to the Transformers Universe Wheelie remake from a few years ago?
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Bought the first Transformer in awhile, probably since I picked up the Stunticons. Titans Return Hardhead. I saw Blurr and Scourge on the pegs, but I have versions of both, and Skullcruncher was tempting, but in the end I went with Hardhead. Review to follow later, once I've fiddled a bit. Great looking figure.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

So it was like Christmas in August last week. Stuff from ebay: Playmates Star Trek TOS Nurse Chapel, Rand, Sisko, Bashir, Dax, and O'Brien. RF cords for SNES and N64. MP Soundwave with Ravage, Rumble, Frenzy, Lazerbeak, Buzzsaw and Ratbat.

Went to the mall and got CW Sky Lynx, a Rubik's Cube, the 11th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver, a Deadpool bag, and underpants.

I really need to get caught up on reviews. I've been meaning to review the Titans Return stuff since Hasbro dropped the entire line all at once last month but just haven't had the time.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Batman the Golden Age omnibus volume 2 arrived today. I haven't finished Superman volume 2 yet, so this one will likely sit on the shelf for awhile.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Star Wars The Force Awakens 6-inch Poe Dameron - WM had these with a new lower price of $14.96, not clearance or sale, so they're priced to move. Store had 7 of them, 6 had so much glop on the beard and wonky eyes that it was unbearable, I bought the one with the only slightly wonky eye and surprisingly tame stubble paint. Good figure, I like the swappable glove hands for the articulated ungloved hands, clever way of doing that. Likeness is better from angles than straight on.
andersonh1 wrote:How does this figure compare to the Transformers Universe Wheelie remake from a few years ago?
The GDO one? I never got it, too big. Only thing that would have over this is the slingshot accessory.