Hauls from the back half of 2016!!

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
andersonh1

Re: Fall Hauls!!

Post by andersonh1 »

I bought "Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders" on DVD. It's essentially an animated episode of the old Adam West Batman series, and features the only surviving members of that tv series doing the voice work. Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar play Batman, Robin and Catwoman respectively, with fairly decent soundalike voice actors playing the other villains and supporting cast. Yeah, you can tell West is in his 80s, but it's still fun to hear him playing the part again. I bought the old series on DVD and have been watching it with my kids, so they enjoyed watching this animated version with me, and they pick up on all the standard tropes of that series: Gordon calling Batman on the red bat-phone, the way everything is labelled, Batman as an upright and noble public figure, Batman and Catwoman flirting (hey, I'd flirt with Julie Newmar too!), etc. It's all good fun, right down to the "Bam", "Pow" etc. sound effects spelled out onscreen when a punch is thrown.

They're even planning a sequel to this movie with William Shatner playing Two-Face. Shatner and West in the same movie... can the awesomeness be contained? :mrgreen:
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Got a couple of Kreo Transformers in my stocking. :D They're little Lego-like figures that are blind buys, and it looks like I ended up with Rhinox and Hound.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Got a few Transformers related Christmas presents today: the Shout Factory release of G1 Season 2, part 1 to replace my old Rhino release, so I finally have the complete original cartoon. And Transformers Victory, so I've completed the Japanese Transformers releases as well.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Hauls from the back half of 2016!!

Post by Shockwave »

X-Mas haul! Star Trek stuff from Thinkgeek: Isolinear chip coasters and magnets, LCARS coasters and the transporter pad coasters.
A Star Wars tshirt, the 50th anniversary original Star Trek bluray boxed set, complete with the animated series and all 6 movies. A Blu-ray player. An electric shaver and Dark Souls II and III for PS4. And a Transformers bookmark.