Spring Hauls

A general discussion forum, plus hauls and silly games.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Spring Hauls

Post by Onslaught Six »

I got:

-Energon Tidal Wave, complete in box. $40 shipped from Canada, worth it. He's beautiful.
-NECA Predator 2 video game version City Hunter - Randi got me the Dark Horse Predator for Christmas, so the floodgates are open. I also bought the Isolation Xenomorph a few weeks ago but forgot to post. He's in some rad dark blue and purple with gold highlights.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: February Hauls

Post by Shockwave »

More Metal Earth models: Megatron, Soundwave, TOS Enterprise, Imperial AT-AT and Klingon Bird of Prey. So far, Megatron is the only I've put together perfectly. The others still look good, but have problems of one sort or another. The TOS Enterprise has an engine that I assembled inside out because I wasn't paying close enought attention. Enterprise D has an engine (same side actually) that is broken, but sits well enough that you'd never know anything was wrong. Optimus' Legs aren't as secure at the hips as the should be and the Klingon ship... Uh... that got assembled so incorrectly that it just looks terrible. Seriously, these things are fun, but challenging. Soundwave came out pretty good except that I forgot about positioning his left arm correctly so that he can hold Laserbeak (or Buzzsaw). Otherwise, he came out perfectly as well. I'll probably have a go at the AT-AT tonight and tomorrow and then, I'll do Bumblebee when he comes in (he's on preorder).

Digital hausl: Video games! Dark Souls on 360. Been watching a Let's Play by the Extra Credits guys and thought I'd give this game a try. It is difficult, but I am still enjoying it. Also, due to other let's plays from the same guys, Invisible, Inc. So yeah, now I have a steam account. Didn't have one before, but hey, for ten bucks, this game is totally worth it. It's entirely stealth. The idea is that you have to go through this building to steal stuff and get out without getting caught. And it is hard. It's a little bit rogue like with random level generation, but each room is a puzzle to be solved and it's really fun to try to find the solution.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

CW Brawl - This figure has a singularly interesting piece of engineering, and the rest is pretty weak sauce. That engineering is how it transforms into leg mode (the rear end folds around to the back), and unfortunately there isn't another single idea on this that lands. I kind of like the tank mode, the robot mode even with that awful midsection design is kind of likable, leg mode works because it aims low, and arm mode is atrocious.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Picked up Swindle and Blast Off, left behind Vortex the Clown... again and again.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Samsung 40" HDTV

Squaretrade warranty for tv

Guess what prompted those 2 purchases. Yeah, my 2.75-year-old Sharp 40" tv died. Likely the soldering in one of the backlight drivers started melting down, the backlight failed intermittently so the pixels still showed what was happening but it looked black without a flashlight against it. Wisely, I had a Squaretrade on it so they sent a check for the replacement (the driver repair would likely be the same price as the unit itself, $150 parts and $150 labor), and this Samsung was on swanky sale at Best Buy, $100 off, making it cheap enough to replace my old tv AND pay for the new warranty. I did have to buy an HDMI splitter on amazon tho, Samsung only puts 2 HDMI ports on their tvs.

On the way home from Best Buy, I picked up my pull list, it was sad without Batman '66. Amazing how you can fit a 40" tv in your trunk now.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: February/March Hauls

Post by JediTricks »

March Hauls in the same thread because why not.

Jada Toys Batman v. Superman Batmobile metal model kit - Aside from the ridiculous gun on the front, this design has grown on me, and the Jada model which is like 1:24 scale has nice detailing, is pre-painted, seems sturdy, and has rolling wheels and an opening cockpit. It was almost too easy to assemble. Wide and low, this batmobile cuts a good figure.

Titanium Series Poe's black X-wing

Hot Wheels Star Wars Inquisitor character car - on sale, because it's not good enough for full price.

Black Series 3.75" Kylo Ren - my SW buddies and I hung out on Sunday and found a couple cases of these walmart exclusives, I bought it just because it was there. $13 is ridiculous, it's even got a pain error despite minimal paint, and for super-articulated it's a little stingy, but it has the essence needed for this Vader-wannabe character.

CW Hound - these are hitting TRUs at $20, but TRU will pricematch WM's website which had it for $14.96. Hound works a little better with this mold than Swindle, but the cockpit is even more warped. The cockpit backpack however can hold the gun over the shoulder which is a nifty extra not mentioned in packaging or instructions.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Went to a local con today and picked up some stuff: Star Wars Black 3.75 Kylo Ren and 1st Order Stormtrooper, Mortal Kombat 3.75 cyber ninja 3 pack (or as I like to call them, the Starfleet Stormtroopers) Sektor, Cyrax, and Smoke, Diamond Classic Trek Tricorder and Phaser and MOTU Classics Mer Man. Also, a TNG type 1 phaser mouse. Yeah, I bought that last one for the novelty, it attaches via serial port and the drivers are on a floppy disk. Oh, and G.I. Joe Cobra Attack for the Atari 2600.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

MP G2 Bumblebee. Thoughts later.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Got The Justice League of America omnibus vol. 1. This is the Silver Age series, so it's the original "big seven" league. I've read a few of these stories, but as always it will be interesting to read a substantive run of stories in publication order.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

XCOM Enemy Unknown for PS3, it was $10.35 new, shipped free from Prime. Great game.

Downwell for PC, $1.49 on steam, half price sale. Can't go wrong for the price.